Help with tape choices

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Bahia

Help with tape choices

Post by Bahia »

Hey everyone!
one of my first posts here, been reading the forum for awhile and want to get involved.

Anyways, I love tape bondage. I think it's gorgeous and for self bondage I feel like it's A little more secure, and faster to apply than rope. I am looking for advice on whicheck kind of tape would be best for not pulling my hair out, leaving residue, or being hard/painful to remove in general. I've used the fantasy tape before and enjoy it, but it's not as exciting as an adhesive tape. Any suggestions on a good holding tape that is easy on the hair/skin?
I know it seems like a silly question, but I am just looking for other bindingso besides rope, and I'm not much of a fan of metal or leather.
And if anyone knows an easy way to tape wrists behind back, I'd love to hear it.
Yes, I always have safety scissors near by, definitely play safe.

Thanks for the advice!
Old Timer

Re: Help with tape choices

Post by Old Timer »

I'll bet a Zentai suit would keep the hair safe.
"Everything is relative to the observer"
"You don't get to be old by being a fool"
lj

Post by lj »

Following on from the zentai suit, stockings or tights provide a similar hair-free zone, and could be cut into tubes for wrists.

as for taping wrists behind the back, you could have enough adhesive tape temporarily wound round a fixed rod, eg a broom handle to fix the rod to something so the taped section at wrist height, then start the tie with a loose end of tape and rotate your arms around the rod, unwrapping it from the rod and onto your wrists.

I suspect this might be quite tricky to do and you'd probably need to be able to walk around the rod because the diameter of the tie won't be the same as the rod diameter.

The other way would be to allow the tape to unroll against friction so you have to pull it from the roll.

Having once broken a rib falling whilst my hands were cable-tied behind my back, then cut my hand using ordinary scissors to cut the cable-tie, I'd recommend getting a pair of emergency scissors - the type they use in A&E (ER for the US members) very strong and sharp, with a curved serrated blade to hold the stuff being cut, and rounded tips to prevent stabbing into skin.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

lj wrote:a pair of emergency scissors - the type they use in A&E (ER for the US members)
and what might that be in translateable words? I know neither abbreviaton.

sorry, no tape-advice from me, I'm really into metal restraints ;)

Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
lj

Post by lj »

A&E is the UK acronym for Accident and Emergency , ER I think translates as Emergency Room, oder Notfallbehandlung

otherwise known as the place in the hospital where you go to be released from the chastity device without a key, or to retrieve the butt plug that is now going North in your rear end :shock:
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Natale

Post by Natale »

Over here they are usually called EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) shears or scissors. They can often be found with first aid supplies in many stores, and can cut most anything except metal restraints.

As for taping wrists, I can't think of a good method other than pushing the roll onto a thick rod or something thereby creating enough friction so it tightly unwinds onto the wrists.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

lj wrote:A&E is the UK acronym for Accident and Emergency , ER I think translates as Emergency Room, oder Notfallbehandlung

otherwise known as the place in the hospital where you go to be released from the chastity device without a key, or to retrieve the butt plug that is now going North in your rear end :shock:
ROFLMAO... :rofl:

EMT scissors are a good bet, and may I also suggest a seat belt cutter - very good at its job and very safe.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

use painters tape.it doesnt leave a residue and wont pull very hard on your hair.
it is used for taping off areas you dont want to get paint on but do want to paint up against.
it is not very strong,but several layers would make a good restraint..
as far as taping your hands,get a traffic cone,put the tape on the top of the cone where it wont move,and move your arms around the tape roll till you get the desired length.tear the tape and vouala you are bound.
Bahia

Post by Bahia »

tiemeupalso wrote:use painters tape.it doesnt leave a residue and wont pull very hard on your hair.
it is used for taping off areas you dont want to get paint on but do want to paint up against.
it is not very strong,but several layers would make a good restraint..
as far as taping your hands,get a traffic cone,put the tape on the top of the cone where it wont move,and move your arms around the tape roll till you get the desired length.tear the tape and vouala you are bound.
That's a great idea! Don't know how I would keep a traffic cone in my house, but I like the idea. Thanks!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

when using tape apply a layer of shrinkwrapfoil 1st. your hair & skin will thank you, and the stuff is dirtcheap.
[
cerenaselfbound

Post by cerenaselfbound »

The best tape I found which is very strong when layered is 2" clear cellotape that was bought from eBay & comes inane 8 roll pack. It's sticks to skin nicely and doesn't leave any residue. I use it for OTM wrap gags as a second layer over my 3"'rubber wrap gag because it's easy to free my long hair.