Advice with Electromagnetic locks.

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
HRT888

Advice with Electromagnetic locks.

Post by HRT888 »

Hi all, I am looking for a way to make my own electromagnetic locks, similar to the ones here.. http://www.uberkinky.co.uk/electromagne ... 92617.html
I cant afford those so id like to make my own, but my electrical skills are not the greatest.
Could someone please help?
I'll be gone away for a week as of now, but will be looking forward to reading the replies!
P.S. I am located in australia so some of the items you might suggest may not be available. (unlikely but has happened before)
BornThisWay

Re: Advice with Electromagnetic locks.

Post by BornThisWay »

My advice would be to put a little aside each payday until you can get them.
Just making a small electromagnet to hold a key has proved to be a challenging but not impossible DIY task, but for someone who is self described "not the greatest with electricity", this would be almost impossible to do safely.

You can reference my incomplete, work in progress in the DIY section.
After reading it I believe you will decide to purchase the one made by the factory.

If you do attempt it, however, make sure you wind the coil backwards to compensate for being in the southern hemisphere. :rofl:

It is titled "Emergency Power Out Release."
lj

Post by lj »

the result of an EBay search, "door electromagnet"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Surface-Mount ... 2edb4907a4

this operates on 12v, but will probably do the job on less. I did get one similar and a PP3 radio battery worked fine and of course would run flat and release in about three hours
be a switch, double the fun :-)
HRT888

Post by HRT888 »

Thanks all :)