spreadbar for self bondage?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
renanbarao89

spreadbar for self bondage?

Post by renanbarao89 »

I'm looking for a spreader bar that can be used in self bondage. I would prefer that it can be locked and also one that locks both ankles and hands. So if you know of one please post a link. I've found one on extreme restraints website but I'm afaid that I won't be able to unlock myself since the hand s are positioned 9 inches (approx 23cm) apart. Please help with any link or if you own one yourself let me know. Thanks
BigMan

Re: spreadbar for self bondage?

Post by BigMan »

Are you looking for stocks, or a spreader bar? You can use may things for a spreader bar. Dom-depot or whatever's local hardware store you have is a great place to look.
Slotted bar-stock or "kindorf" will work. Its a good heavy wieght and provides plenty of mounting points.
A thick Dow (wooden pole) about 1", can be drilled at desired intervals. The holes can then be fitted with a small loop of para-cord or an eyebolt. These give you good mounting points as well.
Also a simple 2x4 or pipe could be drilled the same way.
All of these ideas require wrist/ankle cuffs that are then attached to the "bar." I personally like the Dow which can be stained to have a nice finished look.
I hope this was helpful. I'm usually a DIY person. I have some ideas about a stocks type of board that could be fitted around ankles and wrists. But I haven't made them so I'm hesitant to put advise on them.
leopard99

Post by leopard99 »

In most parts of the world the round wooden poles are known as dowel. This mays save some confusion. It's very easy to make all sorts of spreaders etc from it. Easy to paint in your desired colour. A broom handle is often simply a length of dowel.

I don't know if Ikea still sell round section hanging rails for wardrobes (closets). These had M6 threaded inserts at each end, ideal for attaching M6* eyebolts. You could also drill holes part way down to attach further eyebolts. Last time I looked in Ikea I could only see oval section rails and I don't think they had threaded inserts.

*Not sure about availability of metric fittings in the USA. They're pretty much standard in the rest of the world, even in the UK.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

The curtain rails called "Räcka" has a threaded insert in the ends to accept whatever knob you find appropriate.
(And it has adjustable length. They even sell it in black :mrgreen: )
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00217165/

The "Stolmen" looks a lot like the rod Leo99 describes. A fixed length rod with threaded inserts in the ends:
http://www.ikea.com/dk/da/assembly_inst ... -1_pub.PDF
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
leopard99

Post by leopard99 »

Stolmen looks like the one I was writing about.

I put up some Racka curtain rails for a friend recently and wish I hadn't. Horrible flimsy things. Just about OK for a small flat window but there's no way they should be selling them for bay windows or larger windows.

I saw this on the UK Stolmen page:
"I used to work in a photo studio and I liked the way they would rig up different settings. They just fit a pole between the floor and ceiling. That gave me the idea for the STOLMEN storage system. Poles and shelves in light materials that are easy to handle, combine and assemble. Exactly like a toy construction set. The pieces can be put together and made into everything from a simple hat and coat rack for the hall to an entire wardrobe wall for the bedroom. I hope they inspire your creativity!"
A bit like a lightweight Keeclamp system. Not strong enough for taking human weight but plenty of kinky possibilities.
renanbarao89

Post by renanbarao89 »

Thanks but I don't want to make one. I just need a spreader bar that will lock my hands in between my legs. Don't want a novelty either
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

renanbarao89 wrote:Thanks but I don't want to make one. I just need a spreader bar that will lock my hands in between my legs. Don't want a novelty either

In that case it it easy.

You just find a vendor and pay up.

If you google
Bondage stocks
You will get lots of hits
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
renanbarao89

Post by renanbarao89 »

Thanks but I need to find one I can get out of myself. I didn't know if anyone has one they use for self bondage that would allow for a safe release
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Two possibilities that should work with any commercially available spreader bar:
1 - if you don't mind having a bit of flexibility, try a removable cuff. I have a couple of Velcro cuffs that use snap hooks (these things: http://www.hardwareelf.com/elf/snaphooks.jsp) that I can just reach by twisting my hand the right way. Relax and enjoy the position, then unhook your hand from the bar when it's time to extricate yourself.
2 - A slightly less removable cuff. Set up an ice-based key delivery (or timer, or whatever), then padlock a more secure cuff into position. That way, you don't get out until the key drops. That said, manipulating the key will probably be a little awkward, so...
2b - Same idea, but instead of using a padlock and key delivery, have an ice/timer/whatever lock that will automatically release you. Given the space restraints, the ideal situation would be an electromagnetic lock, as it's relatively small (most of the direct-release ice lock designs are somewhat large due to the need for an ice reservoir.)
cerenaselfbound

Post by cerenaselfbound »

Hi, I made a spreader bar using a broom handle, cut it down to my custom length then screwed 2 ring bolts into the end to lock ankle cuffs, another 2 for my wrists about 8" away from the ankles, & another 2 in the middle of the bar as an alternative wrist placement. Have also made stocks from the same bar. Enjoy.