ElectraStim vs ErosTek electrostim device?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Brand X mk2

ElectraStim vs ErosTek electrostim device?

Post by Brand X mk2 »

After a lot of hmming and hahhing I've decided to buy a proper electrostim unit. I don't want to pay silly money but I'm torn between the cheaper ElectraStim which is £100 for the base unit, or the Erostek ET232 which after taxes (UK import duties) and shipping costs will round out at £250.

The Erostek ET232 has a built in mic for audio activation, a wider choice of settings, and two channels instead of one. At the moment I'm leaning toward the Erostek, but the Electrastim is so much cheaper, and perhaps it has all the features I really need? Has anyone tried either one of these devices?

There is also the ElectraStim Vox which also has audio control, but is priced at £300.

Kinks: http://shop.erostek.com/products/ET232-Power-Unit.html
http://www.electrastim.co.uk/acatalog/s ... units.html
lj

Re: ElectraStim vs ErosTek electrostim device?

Post by lj »

If I was going to buy an estim it would be the Erostek.

I've been on the receiving end for several sessions and it is an amazing experience. I recall one programme simply called "orgasm" and was just like having sex, but without another person present! All the sensations were right. Two channels are essential for this as both anal and genital connections are required to give the effects.

Or you can suffer some pretty serious pain. One programme, I can't recall the name, has a random series of pulses building to a crescendo over tens of minutes, with waves of pain rising and falling with no clue as to what will follow. For masochists only !

The range of programmes already in it, plus the opportunity to programme and modify your own make it incredibly flexible.

Just have a care setting up the power levels before you use any restraints. You don't want to find it unbearable when you can't turn it down!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Brand X mk2

Post by Brand X mk2 »

*Gulp* Well, I've put the sensible bank-account-conscious part of my brain on hold and bought the big one, the ET312B. A grand total of £406 with shipping & taxes - and hoping there are no extra taxes on top.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Looking forward to a review!
:hi:
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Brand X mk2

Post by Brand X mk2 »

Will do. I've read a lot of hype about it, but I've read hype about a lot of sex toys so I don't know yet but I'll let you know if it's worth the money.
Brand X mk2

Post by Brand X mk2 »

Dammit. :evil:
Outstanding amount: £110.66
Brand X mk2

Post by Brand X mk2 »

It's arrived.

First impressions, it doesn't look like much, but that's to be expected. I do wonder why the machine is still basically identical to how it was 10 years ago though, I'd have thought it could have been given some upgrades by now, especially with all the various super-cheap micro-controllers and boards that have come out in the last few years. Meh, can't judge a book by it's cover.

First problem encountered though: For some reason the unit is shipped with power cables that have useless 4mm banana connectors. What the hell do they even fit? I've got a couple of small electrostim toys with 2mm connections so I attempted to make up a pair of connectors so I could at least try out my new toy. Didn't work. So I cut the connectors off a pair of sticky pads and tried to connect those up. Didn't work. Irritated and tired now.

Adding to my annoyance, the only place I can definitely buy the correct adapters to convert the 4mm connectors to 2mm is Erostek. I'm feeling slightly cheated by Erostek so instead I bought them from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291027619875? ... 1497.l2649 I hope they are the correct ones, if not I've wasted £8.

This thing had better be freaking awesome. :evil:
Brand X mk2

Post by Brand X mk2 »

quick update.. My homemade connectors DID work, but I didn't turn the power up far enough - it has to go all the way up to at least 40 for sticky pads with 2mm connectors. But any how, I got the connectors and they work fine, now I've got to wait for a length of conductive rubber tube ordered on eBay to arrive. So far I can say that as others have written, the patterns produced by the ErosTek are very different to any normal TENS or PES or EMS unit you can buy from a store and much, much better suited for erotic stimulation. I need to try the cock rings to really give the ErosTek it's first proper run.
lj

Post by lj »

Have a look at Rapid Electronincs website

http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Conne ... rchScope=1

I've not exactly done intensive research but just entered 2mm 4mm adaptor and that's what came up

In my limited experience 4mm are fairly common as EStim connectors.

The pads are quite high resistance, hence the need to turn things up a bit. The guy with the Erostek I was on the end of always "calibrated" every electrode by slowly winding up the intensity until it was just felt, and used that as the baseline.

Have fun!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
ElectraStim

Post by ElectraStim »

If you need adapters in future, we have a selection in our UK store. :)
http://www.electrastim.co.uk/acatalog/C ... pters.html

Some companies do use the 4mm banana connectors because they're very sturdy. I remember an electro humbler that takes the 4mm banana plugs but can't remember who made it. They have their place when equipment needs to be heavy duty.