First post, lots to discuss.

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Perviewted

First post, lots to discuss.

Post by Perviewted »

I'm pleased to create my first post here. I've been meaning to post it for a while, and have revised it many times.

I'm new to self-bondage, but I've toyed with it a little bit and am very excited to try some things. Living with family complicates and frustrates things endlessly, but there are times when I find myself alone for up to 8 hours, sometimes even days. So I want to create devices and plans to use when I do find myself alone. Also, I have read many safety tips, and will certainly keep them in mind, but feel free to share anything you feel is important.

Finally, I'd love some beginner's advice and possibly start a discussion on a few topics:
1. Arm bindings that I must work on to escape from.
- What is the best way to bind my hands/arms in such a way that I must work to get them off? I'd like something more "permanent" than just wiggling.
- Combination locks with mystery combos would only be fun for me if there were a mere 99 possible combos, instead of something horrible like 9999. Are there any easier locks like this? Perhaps some sort of puzzle?
- I like the idea of looking for a key, possibly one submerged in something nasty. Anyone done anything similar?
2. Best way to bind without cutting off circulation.
- I want to keep my limbs firmly locked for a long period of time, but I also don't want to cut off any circulation. Just wrapping rope around my wrists seems dangerous :O
3. Best way to totally bind legs to my torso. I may not be flexible, but I can at least squat.
- I'd love some leads on how to bind my legs, then my legs to my torso. Also, I'm the least flexible person I know :(
4. And finally... people's experiences with buying sex toys (eg. vibrating butt plugs and lube) PRIVATELY. Is renting a PO box an involved process, or relatively painless? Is it possible to have the mail carrier just keep the package at the facility instead of attempting to deliver it to the address?
TNTBound

Re: First post, lots to discuss.

Post by TNTBound »

that last question you have is one id also like answered, since I live with my parents. if there were to be something of that nature in our mail box...... :oops: its just not going to happen! :roll:

I know that you don't like the 4 digit combo locks, but what I did is kept the first two numbers the same while scrambling the last two without looking at them. so like that, I only have 99 combos to go through. I did try the 3 digit luggage locks, but found that I could easily unlock them by feeling out the clicks of the numbers to unlock it, so I got the un-crackable 4 digit ones. I use these with a set of Velcro cuffs that I can make nearly inescapable with zip ties.

one thing you might try is to use a rope coil around both wrists and cinch it tight in the middle with a zip tie, then you can use a 4 digit combo lock to secure the rope coil to another rope, say at the corner of the bed. this is after you have secured your legs together and to the other corner of the bed. you can use an ice release to hold a pair of scissors away from the bed attached to a string which is tied to your rope coil on your wrists. that way, you can either try to crack the combo lock, or wait for the ice release to free the scissors to cut the rope. I personally use a slightly different variation of this with handcuffs.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Anything_Once

Post by Anything_Once »

I can give a few details on the PO box question for the UK with royal mail.

Costs ~£250 a year (~£140 for 6 months) for a box you go to the delivery office to collect (it costs more if you want additional options)
Considering the costs you would have to be buying a lot to make this worth while. If you spent about £140 in 6 months then, with the cost of the PO Box you are basically paying double.

Generally most on-line sellers use discreet packaging so unless you feel your family are likely to open your packages or ask about them then you should be fine.

Other options that may be cheaper.
Ask your boss if you can have things delivered to your work address so you don't miss them (some companies are okay with this.
If you have a friend or partner who knows of this part of your life, have it delivered to them.
The other option may be awkward for you, make orders with next day delivery when you know the next day the family will be out of the house.
The problem with trying anything once is that eventually it gets hard to find new things to try...
lj

Post by lj »

Most suppliers keep their packaging discreet, they don't put "kinky stuff inside" in big letters!

Don't stress, it's a new game, whatever !
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Perviewted

Post by Perviewted »

lj wrote:Most suppliers keep their packaging discreet, they don't put "kinky stuff inside" in big letters!

Don't stress, it's a new game, whatever !
It's just I can't completely write off the possibility that someone might open it out of curiosity. Fine when it's a new hard drive, not so much when its unpleasant mental images. Wished I lived alone! That money's being used on school though :p

I'll look into luggage locks again. I like the idea of needing to actively do something to escape instead of just waiting around. Preferably while teased.

As for PO boxes, I hope £250 ($427.16 USD) per year isn't the norm globally, and that you just live someplace expensive :O No way I can afford that. I'd love to just be able to have it shipped to a friend's place, but the only other person who knows about my sexy time also lives with family. Family that is even more prone to opening packages without checking who's it is. Ordering it to my job might be a little too unprecedented.
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

Hello, and welcome!

Armbinding: Go carefully until you have some experience! What seems like an enjoyable tie at first can become a painfully uncomfortable after a fairly short time. In addition, your arms can cramp up and/or go to sleep, which can make escape rather difficult.

Mailboxes: In the USA you can rent a mailbox for around $10 a month at one of these private places. Just do a search on "mailboxes for rent" in your area. But I suspect that even $10 a month is going to be a bit of an expense for a college kid!

You would probably be better off visiting a real store, if there is one in your area. Yeah, I know, there is a reluctance to go into such a place but you'll survive! Check to see if your local mall has a "Spencer's Gifts", that store carries some BDSM gear.

Another option is to make do with more ordinary things that you can use. For example, dog collars make reasonable cuffs. Rope can be bought at any hardware store. My first butt plug was a doggy chew toy, shaped like a giant pacifier...

Play safe, have fun!

Ron
gemt

Post by gemt »

You con't say where you are in the world...
In UK, Amazon now have lockers you can get Amazon stuff delivered to, and there is MyByBox who deliver to local stores I think.

A safer option for the combination lock may be to stick some tape over the barrels you don't want to change.

You should be able to crack a 3x10 combination lock in about 20 minutes, 4x10 in a few hours.