Are you unable to set tasks and complete them? Then read me!

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
KinkInSpace

Are you unable to set tasks and complete them? Then read me!

Post by KinkInSpace »

Introduction
Many people use a todo list for projects or tasks they need to complete, and even more people find out it is really hard to motivate yourself to do these tasks. The less gain the task has or more difficult the task is, the more likely people are delaying the tasks until at some point it just does not get completed at all and being abandoned. Think of creating a game, writing a story, programming, web development or other activities that are your hobby.

Of course, there are also tasks that create the need for completion so they come with their own motivator and these tasks usually are completed well though a delay may be present there too. Think about doing grocery shopping, the laundry, etc. Without doing these tasks, you could end up with no food or clothes.

One of the problems I have, is that when I feel horny, I don't get things done. Very simple tasks, maybe, but I have a few projects laying around that just get delay after delay, upto where I needed them badly yesterday.

Now, if I had a Mistress, I could ask her to order me to do the tasks or punish me. I'd still be hard, but it would work as she would be able to gauge how to properly motivate me.

But I don't have a Mistress, and I tried to be my own Mistress and failed.

The system
So I thoroughly thought how it would become possible to be my own Mistress and combine my love for self-bondage and bdsm to actually make me get my chores done. I've used psychology to aid me, which is why this system actually works.

The system has 4 stages that you need to setup before you can work with it. It is not a problem if you create several scenarios. In fact, I'd like to ask everyone to reply to this topic and write their scenario's so we can create a little database with scenarios or help form our own scenarios. The more scenarios you have, the more variety you'll have, creating a better motivation to do that next task.

The stages
1. The duration
It is important to set a deadline. What is the maximum time you permit yourself to complete the task? Basically this means, how many times can you delay the tasks? I would recommend a maximum of 4. Depending on your task, this can be 4 days, or if there's only 1 day a week you can perform the task, then 4 weeks. Maybe having a different maximum works better for your task, but the higher the amount of delays, the more complicated it becomes, and it is strongly advised not to this. Perhaps add sub-delays. For example, if you have 1 task a week, so you set the duration to 4 weeks, but it appears that during a week, you have a 2nd attempt, then delaying that attempt does not count for increasing the delay timer. (more on that later), but penalty can be given, as if it was the first delay.

2. The task conditions
Now, this is where the fun part comes in. Here you define one or more conditions (its optional) under which you are forced to do the task. Note, the task conditions are done from the moment you start, until the last moment from the duration stage, even if you already accomplished the task, unless you specifically define that the task conditions stop when completing the task. If you have several tasks, and each task has their 4 stages, consider keeping the task conditions the same and allow the start of a new task to simply change the duration for these conditions.

You will not define anything that will give you extreme pleasure (orgasm), nor will you define anything that will give you extreme discomfort (torture) not even on the long run. Appropriate conditions would be: being naked the whole time while being at home, dressing female clothes under your own the whole time, being in chastity, wearing a rope harness, wearing a buttplug unless you need to poop, etc. Of course, combining these is possible, but if you only have limited options, it might be better to not overdo it, so you can change to different conditions once a month has passed and keep the game fresh.

3. The Reward.
The reward is always nice to do and easy to think of. Think of a reward that you want to give you once you've completed your task. Note, this can be in the form of giving you discomfort on an area that you like to get discomfort on. For example being tied up and giving 30 minutes of e-stim on your genitals. It is important that this is something you really want regardless if this is painful or pleasureful. It can be an orgasm, but if you choose chastity as your task condition, it might clash. You don't want to give yourself an orgasm in chastity if the whole idea is to do 100 tasks in chastity but after you came, you lost interest (a male issue). Things you may want to consider: stimulating your genitals, whipping your butt, playing with your nipples.

4. The punishment
This is going to be the hardest one to think of. The punishment is set for 4 stages and it will increase in intensity for each stage. (this is why it is going to be hard to have more stages.)

It is important that the punishment is really a punishment. If you like whipping your butt, then this is obviously not a punishment. It is also important, that when carrying out the punishment, the result is instant. It cannot be something that takes a while before it has an effect nor can it be that will be lasting for a while. For example: putting tabasco on any body part as punishment is not a good idea. It takes about 30 minutes to become the punishment, and then it'll remain there for about an hour. This is too long. You should be thinking of any form of whipping. Given that there are likely a few body parts that you like to be whipped on, find parts that you don't like to be whipped on that much, for example, your back, your thights (front and back) your soles and possibly your belly. Remember, the idea is that you want to avoid the punishment, so if the punishment is not nice, completing those tasks is a way to never have to actually get the punishments.

Now, sometimes for some reason, you can't complete the task and it has to be delayed. The more times you have to delay the task, the more you need to punish yourself, so you will consider twice to delay it. Remember, once you complete the task, there is a reward. So if you enjoy the spanking part, set that as your reward too. You can make the reward as large and long as you want. You will want to try and make the 4th delay extra painful because if the task is delayed for a 4th time, it was not completed. Also keep in mind, that you may cause bruises that others might see, and also keep in mind that punishment on these bruised areas will be more painful. You may want to avoid punishing the same area on delay 1 and delay 2.

You are allowed to define each punishment stage while coming up with your tasks, but once defined, you cannot deviate from them. Just learn from the mistake, and define your conditions better next time.

An example of a 4 stage set would be:
delay 1: 10 strokes with a cat-o-nine on your back
delay 2: 10 strokes with a cat-o-nine on your front left tight and 10 on your front right tight. (total of 20 strokes)
delay 3: execute delay 2, followed by 10 strokes on the back left tight and 10 on the back right tight. (total of 40 strokes)
delay 4: 25 strokes with a cat-o-nine on your back and front and back tights, both sides (total of 125 strokes)

If you feel like you need to add more delays for whatever reason, for example because the task is very complex and might not work, or because after you defined your conditions, it appears you'll have another evening to work on these tasks, and like to incorporate them, make it an additional goal, but keep the delays as they are. For example, you have a week schedule, if after the first week you didn't accomplish the task, delay 1 punishment is given. During the 2nd week, you have 2 opportunities you want to try and take advantage of, after the first one missed, you administer delay 2, and at the end of the 2nd week, you administer delay 2 as well. This means that during the 4th week, the punishment will be severe if you have to give it a 2nd time. You have felt what it was, and you may be sore from the previous one. No backing out though. Finish the damn task to avoid the punishment.

Final rule
There is one major rule though: Once bleeding occurs the game stops. You stop the punishment and the game ends regardless if you have delays to go. You attend to your wounds and make sure they fully recover before starting a new round. Keep in mind, your objective with punishment is pain, not cause injury. You do not have to make your skin purple and heavily bruised just to be punished. If you keep hitting the same spot but you don't strike hard, it will definitely hurt after the 5th time. If you feel like the punishment is not severe enough, for your next game, increase the counts.

Once you hit delay 4, the task is not complete and the game ends. Its up to you what you do with your not-completed task. Maybe the task is too hard and need to be split in smaller tasks, and repeated through the process? Or maybe something happened that prevented you from completing the task?

Tips for using a whip
Please understand the following when using a whip of any sort: The idea is to inflict pain, not damage your body. Striking hard will cause damage to your body as the damage is more internal. Your pain receptors are on the surface though. If you whip with a movement motion, the whip will sort of scrape over your skin. This will cause superficial wounds that heal quickly and furthermore, they'll hurt a lot more than just hitting on the same spot.

Another tip: When you strike with something like a paddle or cane, if you strike and quickly pull back, your skin will make lots of movements. This movement causes more pain as your skin is twitched at the place where your nerve endings are. It is safer too because you don't have to hit as hard.

Lastly: an instrument that will cause pain but is pretty harmless: an electrical/phone wire. Role it up to form a U and make the tip of the U hit where you want to feel the pain the most. It will cause bruises and if you strike hard enough at the same place a few times may cause the skin to burst, but if you get there, you should wonder if this area is considered torture or pleasure.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
FatherOfFour

Re: Are you unable to set tasks and complete them? Then read

Post by FatherOfFour »

Well,
electrical cord left a mark in my soul, on my body (a few more) and in in my life, as an engineer...

Yes, sometimes it's more than painful!
... and if the end is cut, not bent, the whip effect is guaranteed: no matter where it gets You, when it lands, it will hurt!

Felt it as kid (from school foreman and my own family), as teenager (again foreman) and young apprentice (work-site jokes, ... and foreman!)

Have fun, hide the cables...
f4
MechanicalMaster

Post by MechanicalMaster »

Hi Slave_L,

Your post is very cool, pretty much in line with a little SB / BDSM software game I'm writing.

Instead of hard coding rules for stuff that only excites me or stuff that I think it will excite people, I decided to create something open that people can use as a Master (creating the game rules) and then as a slave (obeying those rules until the end of the game).

The game is based on daily habits. It keeps the slave permanently excited in obedience because it's based on positive/negative reinforcement like you said, and probabilities to create uncertainty. Master never tells the slave what is going to happen tomorrow.

I'll give you a familiar example, but it could be something totally different.

Before the game starts, the slave lists each and every thing that gives her/him self-gratification in the day to day life. It could be sex, it could be chocolate. From that point on, the slave will cease to have any source of self-gratification unless when explicitly told to.

Then, the slave must check in every day in the game and obey to a random list of daily commands laid out by Master, usually taking up to 120 minutes per day to complete. Commands can be single tasks or a kind of activity that is part of a bigger project.

I define 5 kinds of things myself but they won't be hard coded in the software (there is a single, unified representation for any command / rule):

a) MUST: things that slave must do before the day ends. These are things that can be done realistically and that bring benefit to the slave, like learning, workout, chores, working on a personal project, etc. Something that can be exciting is to obey in some public place while no one else understands the reason why.

b) RESTRICTIONS: things that the slave cannot do on a certain day. These are also things that will benefit the slave. For example, the slave cannot eat or drink anything containing refined sugar.

c) REWARDS: The slave is required to have specific forms of pleasure/self-gratification when instructed to, and only when instructed to do so. Either not having pleasure or indulging without permission means severe punishment. For example, the software can control a timed orgasm, it can order the slave to smoke 2 cigarettes, keep a dildo inserted up her ass for 1 hour, etc.

d) PUNISHMENTS: for each non-completed command, the score can go down 10x compared with positive scores in a) and b). If it goes below zero, Master will not allow sort of reward until a minimum positive score is attained. For example, if the slave had some sort of sexual gratification without permission, (s)he will stay in chastity and have no treats for a period between 14 and 30 days.

e) FAITH / OCD: the slave must do a small, absurd, repetitive set of gestures every single day. This enforces obedience and tests if the slave is fully committed to the game. For example, the Master orders the slave to place a book on top of a table open on page 224, wait 5 seconds, then place it inside a drawer and then repeat that 5 times.

The representation of rules is flexible enough to allow the slave have things like random holiday periods or the game ending at a secret or random date. Also to make the slave pay for each indulgence from the score that was accumulated from a) and b). Then again, no difference in the way rules are created.

I'm sure you understand the psychological mechanism: if the slave is not fully committed to the game, over the longer term he/she won't improve health, career, well being, family life, etc. as much as would be possible, and will not live the excitement of immersion, uncertainty, complicity and secrecy that the game provides, so the price to pay can be high.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I like the idea, except for the faith/ocd part.

I guess it could work if they were sex oriented, but when time is limited, spending it on some task just to prove loyalty seems like a waste of time, especially if the task seems stupid in its nature.

I could however see a rule: Every day, when you want to eat lunch, you first insert a butt plug, then eat lunch, then take it out.

But that said, I don't see myself doing that the 6th week in a row, unless there is a random set and it changes either daily or perhaps weekly.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
MechanicalMaster

Post by MechanicalMaster »

Yep. Your example is covered.

Your comment raises the question of slave availability. The best thing do to is to track slave location and physical activity via sensors (GPS and gyroscope), so the software knows if the slave is working, sleeping, shopping, etc.

Let's see how it goes, I'll post it in the Software section as soon as I achieve a nice usable app. Main focus now is to reach for a single internal representation that covers any kind of assignments.

The following is your example, with a probability of 20% happening on Saturdays and Sundays:

Code: Select all

{
 "Id":       "tasks.lunch.buttplug",
 "Desc":     "insert a butt plug before lunch, have lunch, and them take it out",

"Active":   true,
 "Locations": ["home"]
 "Weekdays": ["saturday","sunday"]

"On":       "decision",
 "Action":   "do",
 "Target":   "",
 "Deadline": "02/10/2016",

"Prob":     20,
 "Min":       0,
 "Max":       0,
 "Unit":     "",

"FltValue":  0.0,