A new version of long crawl.

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
boma17

A new version of long crawl.

Post by boma17 »

First sorry if I have a bad english.
I am alone some days and for that I will do a new scenario. This scenario is based in the scenario "long crawl", but I will do some changes.
Picture A:
A is the room where is the key
B is the room where is the second key if I can't use the key of A.
C is the room where I start.
Picture B ( It is the room A):
D is the key with an ice release.
E is a bucket with water.
Picture C (It is the room B)
G is a drinking-glass with a disagreeable liquid, like urine.
F is the second key, if I can't use the key D I will be forced to use this key.

In this scenario I will be tied in a hogtied position. In this position I have to move from the room C to the room A. But I have to do this before the key D will be released because if I'm later,the key will fall down in the water bucket and I will not can use this key. If this happens, I will have to move from room A to room B and in this room I will be forced to drink a disagreeable liquid (like urine) to get the key and to be free.
I will test this scenario tonight, tomorrow I will tell how was it.
Attachments
A.PNG
Picture A
(6.59 KiB) Downloaded 4638 times
Picture B
Picture B
B.PNG (11.65 KiB) Viewed 4691 times
Picture C
Picture C
C.PNG (5.33 KiB) Viewed 4691 times
no1here2speak2

Re: A new version of long crawl.

Post by no1here2speak2 »

um not sure if I should point this out or not

but how will you get to the key in ice before melts.
or if predictably it will melt why not just lift it out of the bucket by the string of that is the plan why do you need the second key?
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

no1here2speak2 wrote:um not sure if I should point this out or not

but how will you get to the key in ice before melts.
or if predictably it will melt why not just lift it out of the bucket by the string of that is the plan why do you need the second key?
I agree. Maybe have the key not attached to the string, and instead of a bucket of water have a bucket of paint/oil/syrup etc that would really mess up the floor if spilled. This way if the ice melts and the key drops you won't be able to retrieve it from the bucket till your hands are already free when the scenario is over
boma17

Post by boma17 »

Ok, I'll try to explain this.
At first, the bucket is not completely full of water, it is half full or less. The neccessary to not throw it if the key fall (because we don't want to mess the floor) and not to spill nothing to the floor when you arrive and you have to push the bucket. It's neccesary to push the bucket because the key must fall on the floor.
The plan is, if I arrive late and the key fall down I have to use the second key if I want to be free, because the key will be unachievable because it will be inside the bucket with water. And if I arrive before the key falls, I need to push the bucket, because of this the bucket is not completely full.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

one variation i could see doing with this, is to setup a closing mechanism for the door based on the weight of the bucket.

as the ice melts into water and fills the bucket, it will act on a teeter-totter. the half full bucket will be raised up by a counter weight on the other side of the lever. when the bucket gets full enough, it will raise the other side of the lever, releasing a weight on a pulley system that will shut the door to that room, thus forcing you to use the secondary release. it would take some tinkering to get it to work right, but would guarantee needing to use the secondary release method instead of just being able to push over a bucket of water(which is what I would do given the choice). :mrgreen:
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
TheWingmen

Post by TheWingmen »

TNTBound wrote:one variation i could see doing with this, is to setup a closing mechanism for the door based on the weight of the bucket.

as the ice melts into water and fills the bucket, it will act on a teeter-totter. the half full bucket will be raised up by a counter weight on the other side of the lever. when the bucket gets full enough, it will raise the other side of the lever, releasing a weight on a pulley system that will shut the door to that room, thus forcing you to use the secondary release. it would take some tinkering to get it to work right, but would guarantee needing to use the secondary release method instead of just being able to push over a bucket of water(which is what I would do given the choice). :mrgreen:
Or as I said, in the first bucket just put something you wouldn't want spilled on the floor, like oil. This way it would be much simpler. You could still push the bucket of oil out of the way if you make it there on time. But if you don't the key falls in a mixture of oil and melted water which surely you wouldn't want to knock over. Forcing you to move to the second option. Much simpler than rigging pulleys and the like.

alternatively instead of filling the bucket with something, line the bottom of it with sticky side up duct tape. If the key falls in then it will stick to the bottom of the bucket (use a bucket tall/narrow enough you cannot reach in with your hog-tied arms). Then even if you knock it over the key isn't coming out (its now stuck to the tape at the bottom), once again, forcing you to move on to the next release option.
That to me actually seems like the best option. Because when nudging that bucket of water/paint/oil/whatever you fill it with out of the way while hog tied you might inadvertently knock it over without wanting to. This way even when knocked over nothing will spill (but the key is trapped if it falls in)
no1here2speak2

Post by no1here2speak2 »

the sticky tape is a really cool idea lol