Using a fitness bench as bondage chair

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
AbsoluteBeginner

Using a fitness bench as bondage chair

Post by AbsoluteBeginner »

A few years ago, I experimented with a "normal" chair - attaching hooks to it e.t.c.

Yes, it was fun, but it has two main disadvantages....
- It is not stable enough to keep a struggling person
- You cannot "disarm" it. It has to be hidden as it would be difficult to answer questions about hooks on a chair.

So, this is the bench.

The strings that are attached to the bench are the emergency release (in case that I need to get out IMMEDIATELY - fire, intruder, whatever.

The picture below shows how two padlocks are attached to the bench in a way that cutting the string - regardless at what point - will set both padlocks free.

That was the emergency exit.

The "normal" release method are ice locks.

Yeah, I know, not a very sophisticated. However, self bondage needs primitive, reliable methods.
Without body heat, these ice locks will release the chain after 3 1/2 - 4 hours.
The idea is that the ice locks are fixed to the bench and my wrist cuffs are fixed to the ice locks.
Read: No key e.t.c. required - when the ice has molten, I am free.

Now, each of the ends of the chain from the ice locks goes through the padlocks to a combination lock. (I use this combination lock because it is easy to "click" with my hands behind my back).

The following pictures are taken with cuffs:

The end result:

Two dog collars are fixing my upper tights to the bench, the ankle cuffs at the bottom are self explaining.
The small chain in the front has keys for the large padlocks as well as for the small ones that prevent opening the wrist cuffs.
The string with the scissors also has these keys.

An analysis what could go wrong....
- Emergency like fire e.t.c.: I grab the scissors and cut the string
- Minor mishap during setup by chaining one of the combination locks to the padlocks:
I wait until the other ice lock is molten, grab the keys from the chain and open that padlock
- Major mishap during setup by chaining both combination locks together behind my back (very unlikely):
The emergency scissors also have a key to open the small padlock preventing the cuffs from being opened.
- Both hands are numb:
No problem - the standard release will release the wrist cuffs without me doing anything.

Oh, and the last way out.....I am living in an apartment complex and I am not gagged. Also it would be VERY embarrassing and I would probably look for another apartment.

And here is what went wrong.....the pictures above are from two different sessions (one "unmanned" and one with me sitting in the "chair").

The first test run went well, I knew that the ice would melt within 4 hours (even faster with body heat).

So, I set everything up again, waited 2 1/2 hours (so that 1 hour would remain), placed myself in it....and realized that by struggling, I was able to open one of the spring links with the ankle cuffs.
With a little more struggling, I got the chain with the keys, was able to throw the chain several times until I got it into my left hand and after a little more than 30 minutes, I was able to open one of the padlocks.
Last edited by AbsoluteBeginner on 29 May 2014, 03:02, edited 1 time in total.
AbsoluteBeginner

Re: Using a fitness bench as bondage chair

In addition to what I wrote.....don't forget the usual standard procedure whenever trying a new scenario.

TEST IT.

Don't assume anything.
Test the emergency release (in my case, I tested that I could reach the string with the scissors even when the ice locks are in place).

USE COMMON SENSE.

The emergency release went away from the bench to the back, the chain with the two keys went to the front so that the two con't get tangled up.
Put the cuffs on BEFORE the start of the session. I am speaking of AT LEAST 10 minutes so that you are sure that they are not too tight.
Double-check that you have the correct keys.

SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST!

If you want to repeat my scenario - don't just copy it. Test it first. Test everything "unmanned". Sounds like overkill? In the above scenario, I completely disregarded the possibility that the two ice locks might melt at different times. I would most likely NOT have added that additional chain with the keys for the padlocks.
Even with all the safety precautions, there is always a remaining risk. We can reduce this risk to a level that we regard as reasonable, but there is always the possibility of multi-point failures.

In my above scenario.....what if....I fall asleep. I wake up hearing the smoke detector, smelling smoke (failure one) and while asleep, I shifted a little, leading to insufficient blood circulation to my hands which are now numb (failure two).

If you go into Selfbondage, you accept that risk.
natq

Post by natq »

This is a nice idea! I'll have to keep an eye out for cheap fitness benches.
There's a never ending supply of folks who think just buying one will make them fit, and then they sell it after no use.
AbsoluteBeginner

natq wrote:This is a nice idea!
Thanks! But it is not 100% my idea....there was a drawing at deviantart of a lady tied to a bench in selfbondage that inspired me.
natq wrote: I'll have to keep an eye out for cheap fitness benches.
There's a never ending supply of folks who think just buying one will make them fit, and then they sell it after no use.
I purchased mine for $50 at Walmart. You want to go for a primitive, stable model - not something fancy with lots of functions.
natq

Post by natq »

True. And I can always remove the parts I don't need.