Synthesised speech intro to an obedience training scenario

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
Onwrikbaar

Synthesised speech intro to an obedience training scenario

Post by Onwrikbaar »

Hello all,

During my self bondage games, I prefer to get instructions spoken to me rather than having to read them from a screen. Luckily, on most operating systems it is fairly easy to generate speech on the fly. In combination with some simple sensors (pushbutton, motion sensor, proximity sensor, heart rate monitor) this allows automated scenarios to react to where I am and what I am doing, or to my physical state. Like "Your heart rate is now 95 bpm. If it goes over 100, your balls will get shocked until you push the purple button in the attic."

Below is a link to an example of how my 'virtual Domme' employs speech synthesis. It was created with the Mac's TTS voice 'Serena'.
BoundAnna appears not to accept MP3 attachments, so I put the (NSFW) file up here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5msnn6fkzb5p ... serena.mp3

Please let me know what you think :-)
Last edited by Onwrikbaar on 26 Sep 2018, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
ponylady

Re: Synthesised speech intro to an obedience training scenar

Post by ponylady »

Onwrikbaar wrote: so I put the (NSFW) file up on my own site: https://www.web.org/downloads/intro_serena.mp3

i sure hope this is not your home. Unless you're fine with connecting your real name with kink.
This board is open to the non registered public. everybody can see this.
[
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Onwrikbaar wrote:Hello all,

During my self bondage games, I prefer to get instructions spoken to me rather than having to read them from a screen. Luckily, on most operating systems it is fairly easy to generate speech on the fly. In combination with some simple sensors (pushbutton, motion sensor, proximity sensor, heart rate monitor) this allows automated scenarios to react to where I am and what I am doing, or to my physical state. Like "Your heart rate is now 95 bpm. If it goes over 100, your balls will get shocked until you push the purple button in the attic."

Below is a link to an example of how my 'virtual Domme' employs speech synthesis. It was created with the Mac's TTS voice 'Serena'.
BoundAnna appears not to accept MP3 attachments, so I put the (NSFW) file up here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5msnn6fkzb5p ... serena.mp3

Very nice. I like it.

Is any of your software or the code available for download?
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Onwrikbaar

Post by Onwrikbaar »

Gregovic wrote: Very nice. I like it.

Is any of your software or the code available for download?
Thank you :-)
I'm working hard to make the entire system usable for others.

The actual device control server, a C++ program running on a Raspberry Pi (any model, including the €10 Pi Zero W) has been available to beta testers for seven months. A new version, supporting even more sensors and actuators (both home built and commercial), is close to being released. If you happen to own a Raspberry Pi (running Raspbian Stretch) and you'd like to give it a try, I will happily supply you with a download link for the program. It can be operated through a browser or by another program (that need not even run on the same machine).

I also wrote a little wrapper program around the MacOS text-to-speech facility, to make it easy to use from other programs (not necessarily written in Objective-C). I gladly share that too.

My 'scenario engine' (written in Perl, so highly portable), which communicates with the other two programs, is a work in progress. It currently contains too many dependencies on my particular setup to be of much use to others. Once I find the time to generalise it, I will make it available as well. Right now it requires programming in Perl to construct scenarios; it is my dream to come up with a high-level 'scenario specification language', so virtually anyone (including non-programmers) can create -and hopefully share- their own computer-controlled scenarios. But I fear I won't get that done until 2020 :roll:
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I recently got a RasPi 3B, currently running stock Raspbian (Should be Stretch, haven't checked). I'd love to take a look. What do you use for controlling the magnets and other devices? Relays connected directly to the RasPi?
I've been thinking about converting some ESP8266 controlled relays (like a SonOff or similar) to MQTT control, and run an MQTT server on the RasPi. That way I could be flexible in where to place the devices themselves without having to integrate a full RasPi into everything. MQTT is a fairly robust protocol too depending on how you implement it and the ESP8266s can even be set up to run in a mesh network to forward messages amongst each other for added robustness against network loss. The RasPi serves as the "spider in the web" as the central controller. The remote units than each perform whatever task is required.

I have some scenarios with this in mind I should get around to writing up (In the same vein as the scenarios in the post I linked to in the introduction thread and the ones then linked to at the bottom of that one)
Onwrikbaar

Post by Onwrikbaar »

Gregovic wrote:I recently got a RasPi 3B, currently running stock Raspbian (Should be Stretch, haven't checked). I'd love to take a look.
Excellent! I will put you on the list for the next release :-)
What do you use for controlling the magnets and other devices? Relays connected directly to the RasPi?
I do not use relays. Not only because they are in almost every respect inferior to solid state electronics, but because they simply cannot do what I need. My program regulates the speed of one or more vibrators using pulse width modulation, which can't be done with a relay. My magnet driver not only switches the magnet on and off, it also detects whether the metal plate is on the armature or not (so the software knows when the lock gets opened or closed, which it can use as a trigger for other things). Again, a relay would not work for that. I do all necessary interfacing by means of small transistor circuits connected to the RPi's GPIO pins.
I've been thinking about converting some ESP8266 controlled relays (like a SonOff or similar) to MQTT control, and run an MQTT server on the RasPi.
Very cool! I too have started experimenting with MQTT, to facilitate integrating the kinky machinery with home control (lighting, smoke detectors, door bell, et cetera).
I have some scenarios with this in mind I should get around to writing up (In the same vein as the scenarios in the post I linked to in the introduction thread and the ones then linked to at the bottom of that one)
Looking forward to reading them :-) What language do you use to program your scenarios?
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Onwrikbaar wrote:
Gregovic wrote:I recently got a RasPi 3B, currently running stock Raspbian (Should be Stretch, haven't checked). I'd love to take a look.
Excellent! I will put you on the list for the next release :-)
What do you use for controlling the magnets and other devices? Relays connected directly to the RasPi?
I do not use relays. Not only because they are in almost every respect inferior to solid state electronics, but because they simply cannot do what I need. My program regulates the speed of one or more vibrators using pulse width modulation, which can't be done with a relay. My magnet driver not only switches the magnet on and off, it also detects whether the metal plate is on the armature or not (so the software knows when the lock gets opened or closed, which it can use as a trigger for other things). Again, a relay would not work for that. I do all necessary interfacing by means of small transistor circuits connected to the RPi's GPIO pins.
I've been thinking about converting some ESP8266 controlled relays (like a SonOff or similar) to MQTT control, and run an MQTT server on the RasPi.
Very cool! I too have started experimenting with MQTT, to facilitate integrating the kinky machinery with home control (lighting, smoke detectors, door bell, et cetera).
Looking forward to reading them :-) What language do you use to program your scenarios?
I'm a mechanical engineer by trade so what I program in is currently a mix of whatever I have picked up at work and what I've taught myself. Basically some scripting and C for the Arduino, some python, tiny bit of Javascript from long ago. One of the reasons I got the Pi was that I want to get better at it. For MQTT I'm currently mostly just looking at using 3rd party libraries, I'm not at the level where I can write them from scratch. At first I'd start out with hardcoded scenarios, with some random generator functions thrown in to generate some variation. The path as I envision it for my projects builds almost everything from small "blocks" which are called in a sequence (possibly multiple times with different input parameters) to make a scenario. That sequence input could be generated as a text file by a separate little program and then read by the "master controller" for the execution.
ein888888

Post by ein888888 »

I would love to get on that list too if it's not to much trouble. I have been working with RPi and arduino for a while now.I am trying to reverse engineer a pneumatic spanking machine that is able to operate different scenarios( standard insert number, random number, and Dom mode)
Onwrikbaar

Post by Onwrikbaar »

ein888888 wrote:I would love to get on that list too if it's not to much trouble. I have been working with RPi and arduino for a while now.
I have sent you a PM with the download link for the device control software. Please let me know if you encounter any problems or have questions about it.
I am trying to reverse engineer a pneumatic spanking machine
That sounds like fun!