Forced exercise outdoors

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
Keyless

Forced exercise outdoors

Post by Keyless »

Some while ago I posted a forced cycling scenario that used GPS to ensure I followed the pre-determined route. Before I built the GPS system I was going to use the following method (it would work for running as well). It requires some sort of time lock safe. You will also need cycling or running kit; something you would not want to be seen in in any other context; shorts Lycra etc. First go around a route you would like to be made to run or cycle. You need to collect some numbers. Utility poles often have numbers on them, as well as lamp posts. Collect several numbers, say about 10. As you go round, write down the place where the number came from and the number itself, on a piece of lined paper in neat columns. When you get home, fold the paper so that the numbers are at the back. Mark enough lines at random to give you a combination (perhaps use dice). Unfold the paper and quickly set the combination on the lock. Fold the paper again and cut off the column with the numbers with a paper knife. Put that section in an envelope and seal it. Hopefully you will soon forget the combination and the numbers you have collected. When you are ready, set your time lock safe to let you out as a final back stop, put the envelope in the safe together with keys to everything you are going to lock up. What you lock up is up to you. Your car keys are one possibility, another would be to pass a chain through one leg of all your trousers, and other clothes if you like, and lock the ends of the chain together so you can’t use them. For my variant, I used a one piece cycle suit that is modified to lock on. Once locked I cannot use the toilet, so there is a rather time limited period to complete the cycle ride. Usually I also placed the release equipment in an outbuilding then locked myself out of the house and set the backstop to keep me outside, in cycle clothes, for a few hours if I didn’t complete the ride.

Be warned that some of the plates on utility poles give details of the last inspection, or might be changed for some other reason. In the unlikely situation that the post has been inspected since you collected the number you will be stuck until the safe opens. Also check before you collect the numbers that you can't read them on Google Maps street view.