Selfbondage Suspension Brainstorm

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
TiedTight1

Selfbondage Suspension Brainstorm

Post by TiedTight1 »

Ok. Let's Brainstorm this.
FatherOfFour

Re: Selfbondage Suspension Brainstorm

Post by FatherOfFour »

Don't!

Have fun, live longer...
f4
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Never!

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
SBadiction

Post by SBadiction »

No way ever. I once got into a situation which could have had serious consequences.
Don't do it!
Steve
Happily married (but always ready to flirt), wife not into anything kinky so it's self-bondage when I can.
TiedTight1

Post by TiedTight1 »

I don't mean that you would be alone. You do all the tying and just have someone there in case anything goes wrong.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Again, don't. If there's someone with you, let them do the tying and untying. But then again, its not selfbondage anymore.

Suspension bondage is way too dangerous to do alone. There are 2 things that can make this adventure your last one.
1. During your attempt to get into the bondage, you fall and get a fatal injury.
2. You finally manage to secure yourself, but the energy required to get there causes you to not be able to escape anymore.

Of course there are more options why this is really bad. Far more reasons than why it is a good idea. Okay, honestly, I can't even think of one reason why this is a good idea. Its so scary in those many ways this can be a total disaster, only an insane person attempts this.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
lj

Post by lj »

I'll reinforce my reputation as a kill-joy and agree with the other posters, suspension bondage is NOT suitable for solo play.

I have been subject to suspension bondage, during a play party, with someone who had done a fair few sessions, using a very strong framework and a serious suspension rig with an electric hoist and quick-release links. Get all the ropes in the right places, to even out the pressure points/joint stress/muscle tension and its a great feeling. I've also watched an amazing demo, two lesbian partners, one suspending the other in an almost balletic sequence of positions over nearly an hour- the roper knew her ropes AND her partner, watching her all the time for any stress.

There are also serious mechanical issues concerning the safety of the rigging, it must be OK for both static and dynamic loading, with adequate load tolerance and the means to measure it - or the experience to know what is safe and what is not.

As mentioned, suspension adds an extra dimension to muscle stress, and neural issues, which may combine to make self-release impossible, or lead to permanent damage before release can be obtained.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

I practice self-bondage suspension, and my personal experience leads me to provide the following advice: DON'T DO IT!

I have experience with inspecting and using safety climbing equipment thanks to a job I had for a little over a year in a cell tower construction/upgrades company. The sheer number of things that can go wrong and all the different ways that your body weight, when improperly distributed, can harm you are mind-boggling.

I have worked out my own scenario that have quite a few fail-safes, minimal risk, never lasts more than 15 minutes, etc., and it always "gets my jollies off". That said, I will not share details because it is still much more dangerous than most other SB activities. I have had close-calls, I've made mistakes, and as a result, I will not be responsible for providing information that gets someone else seriously injured or even killed.

Just don't do it!

------

That said, I will provide the following safety tips should you ignore this advice and proceed anyway:

- Always make sure your feet and/or knees can reach the ground, that way you can support yourself in case of emergency. (You don't need to be more than a few inches off the ground to get the feeling of being suspended.)
- Never use your wrists or arms as a suspension point. In fact, leave them as unfettered as possible so that, should something go wrong, you have some flexibility and mobility to try and free yourself.
- Use panic snaps or other anchors that can be released while under load. Make sure you can reach the release lines at all times. These can and will save your life!
- Do not put pressure on your chest unless it is widely distributed across most of the surface area of your chest.
- Do not use your chest as your primary load-bearing surface.
- Make very wide coils for anything that will be holding your weight. An extra inch (or couple centimeters) drastically reduces the pressure against your nerves and blood vessels.
- Do not suspend yourself for more than 15 minutes. There are certain areas of the body (such as the inner thigh, near the groin) that, if blood-flow is stopped for longer than 15 minutes, can kill you!

I am not a doctor, and this advice is not meant to replace that of a licensed medical professional. It is also not meant to replace common sense or personal accountability. Again, this activity is NOT RECOMMENDED, and CAN KILL YOU!
TiedTight1

Post by TiedTight1 »

Ok, Ok. Forget I ever made this post.
lj

Post by lj »

TiedTight1 wrote:Ok, Ok. Forget I ever made this post.
don't worry :)

but you might like to check out possible ideas using the "search" box, quite often a topic comes up fairly frequently and you'll find comments that may help explain why some scenarios are viewed with extreme caution. But far better to ask a question and get robust advice, than try the idea and not be able to ask advice in the future :cry:
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

The subject of solo suspension bondage is just about the same as electricity in the strong cautions and dissuasion it generates.

SImple - both are inherently dangerous, and we don't like to have people hurt or kill themselves unnecessarily.

Because we care.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
TiedTight1

Post by TiedTight1 »

Mk. Now that I have your attention, may I point out my scenario request? But seriously folks, thx for all ur advice.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

TiedTight1 wrote:Mk. Now that I have your attention, may I point out my scenario request? But seriously folks, thx for all ur advice.
Sure.
TiedTight1 wrote:I don't mean that you would be alone. You do all the tying and just have someone there in case anything goes wrong.
Is this person a trained medical rescuer, and/or do they have climbers training? If not, they probably don't know the signs of distress from improper load distribution on the human body, and are therefore only marginally more useful than being alone. The same dangers apply.

If it seems like I am being overly-negative, please understand that I am trying to save your life. Suspension is perhaps the most dangerous bondage activity you can participate in, partially because there are so many risks that can't really be observed or perceived. Unlike things such as breath play, many times there are no warning signs before you pass out, and in a lot of those cases, once you pass out, you're probably going to die before anyone can successfully intervene, even if they are in the same room.

I will once again point to the list I made in my previous post in this topic as a safety starter. If you still insist on proceeding, it would also be a good idea to find a mountain or tower climber in your area to have some extensive discussions with. You don't have to admit to your chosen activities, but you can ask questions about weight distribution, "what if I accidentally tangle up my wrists", etc. They might suspect, depending on how kinky their mind is, but they likely won't press the matter and will instead provide additional safety advice.
TiedTight1

Post by TiedTight1 »

davisev5225 wrote:
TiedTight1 wrote:Mk. Now that I have your attention, may I point out my scenario request? But seriously folks, thx for all ur advice.
Sure.
TiedTight1 wrote:I don't mean that you would be alone. You do all the tying and just have someone there in case anything goes wrong.
Is this person a trained medical rescuer, and/or do they have climbers training? If not, they probably don't know the signs of distress from improper load distribution on the human body, and are therefore only marginally more useful than being alone. The same dangers apply.
Oh I don't know. :x
TiedTight1

Post by TiedTight1 »

This is kind of what I had imagined[img]http://www.bound-ivy.com/updates/0353/Ivy0353.jpg[/[img]could a mod insert that immage? Idk how.