Hygeine

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

One of the main dangers from E. coli infection comes from any open wounds, however small. As soon as the bacteria enter the bloodstream, then you're looking for trouble, especially if your immune system is out of whack. I wouldn't rub poo into a cut or scrape, even if it was my own poo.

E.coli that escapes the intestinal tract (ulcer or other exit) and into the body can cause serious complications, like peritonitis - which can be fatal if untreated. That is E. coli from your own poo.

Wikipedia states that most strains of E. coli are harmless, save for one particular strain that is very dangerous and can cause some nasty food poisoning (remember "hamburger disease"?), stomach acids or not. These strains release toxins that make you very sick or even kill you if your immune system is not up to spec.

The moral of the story is don't mess with E. coli or any other bacteria. It's like Russian roulette - the gun maybe won't go off this time, but every time you pull the trigger, you get that much closer to clearing out some space in your skull.

Even if your own E.coli is intimately acquainted with you, it can still throw you a nasty curveball.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
rookie60174

Re: Hygeine

Post by rookie60174 »

i fully agree with masoboy. you can't catch something you already have. so play by yourself is pretty much harmless when it comes to bodily waste. however, as masoboy pointed out, the dangers arise from play with someone else's waste. but, i'd have to assume it's much more fun. so, just weight the risks carefully and it's always best to play with someone you know very well and can trust they won't put you in a "dangerous situation". :roll:
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

The only thing i would agree is absolutely necessary, is basic hygeine, like not eating faeces, or like having a bath or a shower before rimming, which is generally the consensus if you dont want a nasty taste in your mouth, i've done this, and its usually not too bad :) dont know if i'd like it done to me though, probably :P urine is perfectly sterile due to its composition, being quite high in salinity (salt, if you didnt know, kills some bacteria) as well as having urea in, which is a poison created by the body, which kills off a lot, and some traces of protein, which do very little, and a lot of water :)

yes, im the local scientist :D
Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul »

Yes, urine that is 'fresh' is sterile. However, urine left to sit becomes a breeding ground for bacteria. Personally, I'd abstain either way, it's not really my thing, but for those of you that are into it, it's a handy tip. Also, as has been pointed out before in this thread, I believe, the gastro-intestinal tract and the circulatory system are entirely different. Bacteria from the intestines, such as e.coli, can seriously mess you up if it enters the rest of your body. Your intestines aren't 'sterile' compared to the rest of your body. This is why burst appendices, or perforated ulcers are such a problem. The contents of the gastro-intestinal tract enter the rest of the body and cause massive infection. So if you're going to play with waste, make sure you don't have and open cuts or sores that it might get into.

-Lost
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

well yeah, thats very true, but in all recommendation, the best option is to not do scat and watersports. therefore, there is no chance whatsoever