Backup release? But...

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
bound2be

Re: Backup release? But...

Post by bound2be »

By the way, I love the money in a blender ideal, bet it would be easier to rig using a paper shredder :twisted:
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

BondageGames wrote:How about bleach that would fall allllll over clothes or carpetting? That would me think twice. And then about 40 more times. Unless my house was on fire. Then I wouldn't think about it one single time >.<
Make sure the bleach is away from where you will be when you release it. You would not want it on your skin or worse in your eyes.
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

nitro wrote:
BondageGames wrote:How about bleach that would fall allllll over clothes or carpetting? That would me think twice. And then about 40 more times. Unless my house was on fire. Then I wouldn't think about it one single time >.<
Make sure the bleach is away from where you will be when you release it. You would not want it on your skin or worse in your eyes.
Isn't bleach flammable? I think if your house was on fire you'd have twice the dilemma!

And I'm not talking about the combustion of your eyes like Nitro >.>
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

What kind of bleach do you use?
No, most bleaches are not flamable! Toxic, maybe, but they put out flames.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

onestrangeguy wrote:What kind of bleach do you use?
No, most bleaches are not flamable! Toxic, maybe, but they put out flames.
I guess I just always assumed it was because of the strong chemicals. Learn something new every day I guess.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

BondageGames wrote: I guess I just always assumed it was because of the strong chemicals. Learn something new every day I guess.
let's give you you a quick chemical lesson:

strong chemicals yes. but that doesn't mean they are flammable. you are mixing bleaches up with liquid organic solvent.
solvents (like paint-thinner, etc.) have to be "unstable" molecules. their job is to dissolve coatings or paint.
to do that they have to include radicals (free electrons) which make them very eager to react with other organic
substances. every "radical" wants to get to a higher state of saturation, which means if they react they set free more
energy as is needed to trigger the reaction. this one is called "exogen".

the most potent solvent konwn to man is water, but is is anorganic.
and we all know how flammable that liquid is.
*you need more energy to crack water than you need to "create" water. this kind of reaction is called "endogen"

most bleaches are designed to crack up a chemical binding of an organic subsance to an anorganic surface.
unless you wanna use up huge amounts of energy you need a substance that doesn't dissolve in normal earth atmosphere.
so most bleaches are anorganic pastes. they are much more saturated than organic liquid solvents. they react, but it takes a lot of time. and basically it is an endogenic reaction. *you need more energy to create the bleach than you get when you use the bleach*

and you thought you can't learn something usefull in a selfbondageforum.
:P :P :P
[
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

Wow Thanks Ponylady, I have not done that much chem since college. Almost makes my brain hurt :whip:
I could never remember which chemical should be added first so keep me out of the chem hood unless you want a mess. :D

I do remember, never mix things you don't know, and even some things you do, like bleach and ammonia! Deadly combo.
mylacipanties

Post by mylacipanties »

Hello, this is my first post, anywhere, on this topic. Thanks to all for the posting opportunity. I use three methods of release: the first is a short term release, ice with enough time to allow release within a known time, say just a coupla' hours and I already know which size cup of frozen water/ice to use. The next is to use a larger size cup of ice, maybe several hours before the key is free and, btw, the ice cups are always within easy reach but there’s no way that I can hasten the melting or smash the cup holding the key to my cuffs. As an additional thrill, I make a decision soon after clicking the cuffs closed, if I want the thrill of the longer time (the bigger cup of ice) of being in my predicament. Usually I make this decision within a few minutes of closing my cuffs because, by then, I have had an opportunity to listen to my environment e.g. are there any unusual sounds or immediate concerns about my (un)comfortable state of being for the next few hours, and the like? Then, depending how vulnerable, excited, helpless, and the need to-use-my-diaper I want to feel, I then release one of the strong rubber bands which are attached to each of the cups, which cups and bands have been in my easy reach up to this point, and which release immediately pulls far away one of the ice cups holding my key. This means that I am committed to the size/time of the ice cup remaining within my reach... which could be a long time. And, if I'm in a diaper with plastic panties, and especially if I've used a suppository and have consumed a lot of liquids, then I'm in for exactly the sublime results of my choice. (Note that I have a lot of fantasies, including wearing a diaper and plastic/vinyl/rubber panties, but I don't really like to "mess' my diaper but, isn't the purpose of wearing a diaper to contain any "messes"? So, somewhere along the enjoyment of this fantasy, I must be forced to endure (enjoy?) the ultimate purpose of the diaper etc. In the interest of keeping this post a brief as possible, please note that I have not dwelled upon other details of my situation at any given time.. such as my attire (I have a huge wardrobe of everything from baby clothes to sissy maid to teen to ballet to mature woman an more; I could experience the herein described fantasy (I guess it' s then a reality when I actually dress up and click the locks closed).
Yet, anyone can use any timed-release methods of their choice.
My point of this post is to offer an attempt at a failsafe method of release. Here's what I do. I use some heavy-duty duct tape to attach my last key to my hair. Yes, my own hair on my head, somewhere on my head within reach but not the easiest reach! That last key is securely enclosed within the doubled over duct tape so that it is readily available once I have made the decision to rip out whatever amount of my own hair which I have decided to use to attach within the doubled-over duct tape, knowing that it will take a lot of time and painful effort to separate the key from it's encasement in the layers of duct tape and hair, especially if the location is difficult to reach.. What really matters is the amount of your hair, and the hair's location, that will cause you to think about what constitutes a true emergency: the more hair and the more prominent the visibility that the missing hair presents, will obviously determine how willing you will be to use this failsafe release... think about it! Eventually, after your timed release, you can easily use some nail polish remover, or similar solvent, to free your hair from the glue of the duct tape and there will be no damage done to anything.... unless you have decided to rip out your hair by the roots for something less than a true emergency. But, even then, your hair should grow back sooner or later.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Grats on first post! (Wall of text, try to paragraph in the future, it will make it more readable :wink: )

That sounds a little frustrating end "reward" for successful bondage night to end up messing with glue removers, in my opinion. Also hair can really be tough to pull off, i mean it can hurt like hell to actually do it and cause bleeding in worst case. What might also happen is that the duct tape slides off the hair length instead of hair snapping off, leaving a gluey mess behind...

Opening a duct tape covered key can also prove impossible in some cases, at least without scissors. Not to mention that glued key might not fit in the lock, and even if it did it will most likely do permanent damage to it.

Propably said before many times but releases should always be tested. There is actually many ways to do ice release and there is many imaginable ways it can get stuck after melting down, but also many ways to prevent that happening. Up to some mechanics being even 100% failsafe.

I haven't personally used backups but haven't also done anything too restrictive. Have sometimes had chance to jump blindfolded to kitchen and look for scissors but never needed to. Inflatables also tend to lose air rather fast; to me they have been the bondage and the release in themselves.
mylacipanties

Post by mylacipanties »

Hi Jadit,
Thanks for the response and suggestion. I will make my text better.
My first post was growing long, so I did not mention some logic. Here it is now.
First, remember that my idea of the duct tape is that it's a method of release that's not intended to be used... just wait until the ice melts! It's only to be used for a true emergency when a person would do anything to escape!!
I personally use a short string attached to the key, then I place the string within the duct tape and leave the key hanging from the tape outside of the duct tape, thus no glue on the key itself. Then I close/glue the (other end of the) duct tape somewhere within my hair.
The amount of hair and the placement of the duct tape which a person decides to use will determine exactly how real and serious the emergency should be. Again, this is for emergencies only and a little bit of hair loss should be tolerable, even preferrable, to the consequences. This is not a method for routine release.
I, personally, don't use much hair... just enough to make me think deeply about yanking it out just for a basic form of release. At the end of the session, after the ice has melted and I'm free, then I can cut off this small amount of hair without any pain or fear that the hair will be missed. If I choose to use a solvent, then, yes, there's a little clean-up of the glue/tape from the hair after the session, but that's probably a lot easier to do than de-rigging and putting the oil, etc. back in storage... and there's also always the chance of accidental spillage in that process.
It's also possible to firmly tie a second stong cord to this taped key and place this second cord within easy reach thus allowing for a firm tug on the cord to yank out the hair and pull the key close enough to be used for release. If the yank on this second cord pulled the key free of the hair and there is no hair loss, then so be it; it's a freebie and the person can proceed to deal with the emergency.
An admitted flaw might be in that a person who is also into S/M may enjoy yanking out some hair as a form of normal, quick release. But then, that person is likely even happier with my method, rather than spending time using solvent, cleaning carpets, drying out toys, etc. which would be the results of some other suggestions posted in this thread.
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

I dont do a lot of self bondage curently, But when I did I used the can of used oil trick, and had my cell phone handy with my friends number as the last called.
If I got in a jam I would hit the redial, and my friend would come and rescue me :oops: , never had to use it but I knew I had the option.
The can of oil was never used but in the event of a earthquake,fire, ETC, I am not going to worry a bought a carpet. :roll:
Sin :whip:
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
walksonwalker2

Post by walksonwalker2 »

When doing self bondage I usually have a main release method and a couple of back up methods. These revolve around electromagnets and ice etc. I make sure that I test these thouroughly before I lock myself in. My thinking is that the odds of all of these release mechanisms are pretty long and that I would have to be very unlucky to get completely stuck. As for a fire breaking out, well I make sure that most things electrical are turned off on the premises. Only the fridge freezer and release electrics are running. There is not much chance of a fire without an ignition source.

Now your could go on forever thinking of things that could go wrong, but as with most things in life, there is always a risk factor. You could get killed crossing the road or get shot in an armed robbery. Even if you are sat in your home not tied up, someone could break in and attack you. As long as you think about what you are doing and reduce the risk factor to an accpetable, then I don't think there is a problem.
NesseTheToker

Re: What if...

Post by NesseTheToker »

[]
Last edited by NesseTheToker on 08 Aug 2011, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

That would be completely unthinkable option around here. It's somehow not fitting the culture at all to know relatives do perverse things, especially weird like that... they think you're nuts. It would immediately and permanently severe any relations you have to people.
cnske

Post by cnske »

Hi,

I have a question for the board. My backup release is indeed connected to a cross-cut paper shredder, as bound2be suggested in this thread. If I make a mistake or want out prematurely the paper shredder (in a different room) is activated and some money is shredded into a thousand pieces 1/16th by 1/8th inches in size. (I can provide details for this setup, which took a few years to perfect and includes a computer and an i/o-Board, if necessary. But they are probably too specific to be interesting.) If I complete the session successfully I take the money out of the paper shredder and it is like a money present to myself.

Recently I found out that the central bank will actually refund shredded bank notes if you provide more than 50% of the original note in scraps or even ash. Also the paper shredder is bulky, and the rigging is complicated. It may sound silly, but I have been looking for a method to really destroy money and did not find a solution. Optimally the destruction should involve no additional hardware. At first I thought of buying a e-cash voucher, scanning it and destroying all copies afterwards.
My computer could delete the last remaining image of the e-cash voucher as a forfeit for premature release.

But it appears to be difficult to get a refund on a voucher in case of successful completion of the session. All e-cash solutions I know of will either allow you to buy something off the internet or charge you 7.5% (or more) for a cash refund, if it is not ruled out completely. This is not useful as I don't really want to buy something. The cash should be in some sort of escrow and forfeited or released electronically.

Any ideas?