Vacuum bed self bondage

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Boundideas

Vacuum bed self bondage

Post by Boundideas »

I want opinouns, ok now ive always wanted to experience a vacuum bed but mistress doesn't like them and she forbids me to see any other women. So im wanting to experience it by myself. This would be my plan: buy two timed outlet extension cords off of the internet. Buy a mouth gag with a breathing tube. Then the actual vac bed. Hook up the vac bed to a vacuum cleaner plug up the vacuum cleaner to both of the timed electric extension cords and set the timers for 30 minutes. Attach my mouth gag with breathing tube and turn on the vacuum and hop in quickly. I figured that if both of the timers fail (1 in a billion chance) then the vacuum woild tear up after about 3 hours or my breaker will flip, shutting off the power. My breathing tube cant slip whatsover because it is attached to my mouth.

Do youll think this would be safe, if not what could make it safer
bound_jenny

Re: Vacuum bed self bondage

Post by bound_jenny »

Bad idea. Once you are in there, you're immobilized completely. Sounds like lots of fun but if something goes wrong, you're screwed.

Timer jams? You're stuck.

Setup catches fire? Possible - vacuum cleaners use quite a bit of current and most timers are not designed to take a heavy motor load.

Don't count on nothing happening to your breathing tube. If something does happen, you're screwed.

The problem is the "single point of failure" scenario. Any one little thing can degenerate rather quickly into a dangerous, if not deadly situation.

Your mistress has good cause not to like them - especially in a SB situation.

If you absolutely insist, do several dry runs *not in the bed* and make sure nothing gets hot or otherwise fails. Don't let enthusiasm or hormones override common sense. Plan ahead, test, re-test, and re-test again. If there's a flaw in your plan, it's better it comes out before you commit yourself than when you're stuck and unable to intervene.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Kinda like Jenny said...
#1: Looks good on paper...
#2: Sounds good in theory...
#3: With all the correct back-up, there should be no problem...

BUT...
#1... ever heard of the Brady Bill??? It gets guns off the street, except...
Law abiding citizens are disarmed, and the criminals still get their guns...
#2... Anyone in manufacturing, production, and probably any industry know,
what works on paper, no mater how well planed... does not work in real life...
#3... My favorite... Ever met Murphy??? (as in Murphy's Law) A few people here have...
Ever watch Mythbusters???
What's their opening line??? "We're what you call professionals, Don't try this at home."...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:Ever watch Mythbusters???
What's their opening line??? "We're what you call professionals, Don't try this at home."...
And they also have "Failure is always an option". :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Dark_Lizerd wrote: #3... My favorite... Ever met Murphy??? (as in Murphy's Law) A few people here have...
do you know o'toole's commentar about murphy's law ?
o'toole wrote:murphy was an optimist
[
lj

Post by lj »

hopefully you have got the message

DON'T DO IT!!!!

I have experienced a vacbed and it is the most restrictive thing I have ever been in, great fun, but there was a nice Dom right next to me with the on/off switch. Some people freak out with the restriction, straight into panic attacks, even though they thought it was a good idea to start with.

Did I say DON'T DO IT ????
be a switch, double the fun :-)
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

Just to add to all the comments above.
Most household vacuums are not designed to run continuously without airflow through the motor. The motor could overheat and start a fire.
Some shop vacs have a separate fan for motor cooling that would be more suitable for a vac bed (but not for SB).
phantom37

Post by phantom37 »

Hi,
I don't want to go away from the general opinion here and start disagreeing with people but I've used vac-beds before, both as part of a proper session with somebody else, and a homemade version as part of self-bondage. Seeing as I already get the jist of this thread I won't go any further, but happy to provide more details if you want to email or pm me. I've been using the same method for several years and seems to work fine.
Boundideas

Post by Boundideas »

Its too risky, its not eorth it, i might just go to a bondage festival and experience it somehow?
lj

Post by lj »

Boundideas wrote:Its too risky, its not eorth it, i might just go to a bondage festival and experience it somehow?
you don't say which country you are in, but in the UK I know of one or two people who take them to play-parties. I have tried one in such circumstances, certainly is a weird experience! though not one I'd bother with again
be a switch, double the fun :-)
handigeman

Post by handigeman »

Nice. That used to be my favorite bondage. It's awesome.

In theory, if the vacuumcleaner would catch fire it would make a short cirquit or it would stop anyway after burning a bit releasing you on the spot. Not that a big problem. I must agree that having two timers and some real good attention should do the trick. Also I must agree with bound_jenny a lot. This is the essence. It also allows you to see wheter it works well :P

But...

I had a crappy vacbed. It was made out of a sleeping bag in a big plasic bag. I put the sleeping back in it so that the air could more easily get sucked out without the plastic blocking the airflow. I used to use it proper with all the security shizzles and so and I used it a lot, like 2 or 3 times a week. This vacbed is the reason why I aprriciate life, more then before this time I got home a bit tipsy, horny and just not so alert.

Normaly I would set the timers for 30 minutes. That time, after it took like forever before the vacume cleaner stopped, i started to realize that I was there for far more than 30 minutes. After that I started to panic fast, very fast. I tried to scream for help (as this was on a dorm and people should be able to hear me). I just couldn't pinch a hole in the sack because of the sleeping bag :S . After about 3 hours I was getting desperate. Luckily somehow the airflow wasn't that good, so my head wasn't sucked thight in the plastic bag.
On my vacbed I had a tube for breating. I figured I should be able to get it out of my mouth and slip and then try to chew a hole in the vacbed and then get my head back to the tube. I first did some tiny tests to make sure I could get back to the breating tube. Then I tried to go and chew the hole in the plastic bag. It took about 5 seconds before the bag started to wrap around my head so I quickly went back to the tube ... that didn;t work. I couldn't get my mouth to it!! OMG. Think quick! I went on with the chewing.. I managed to make some tiny holes in the bag. I could breath. But it was very very poor. So I continued to create holes. after some time I realised this wasn't enough.. I was getting a bit dizzy and I started to realize that I needed to get out QUICK. Then somehow I just came up with the answer. I tried to roll over to the vaccleaner. When I got closer I could roll over the airtube of the vacuumcleaner and so blocking the airflow... slowly I got some slag and I could release a hand and get myself out.

With this, I almost killed myself. I was an idiot back then. So I didn't took any backup safety measures. Also the vac bed sucked. Otherwise I would had the possibility to release myself, but also I wouldn't have got in such a nasty situation.

My advise: have someone with you. Also, they can even stimulate you wich would be great. If you are just as stupid as me, use a vacbed with your head free, instead of a breathing tube. like this. Killing yourself sucks.If your head is free you can at least breath when everything else goes wrong.

I must admit, even after all that happend I still use a vacbed. It's just the best..... But really, take the thing seriously. I'm sure you will, after all you did ask the safety question.

btw
but mistress doesn't like
Maybe she will if you tell her you are going to use it anyway and risk your life with timers and burning vacuum cleaners? :D
Hannahcutie

Post by Hannahcutie »

First let me be very clear. As has been stated before, self bondage with a vacbed is not safe. Now, that being said, because there will be people who do it anyway, there are several things that you can do to protect yourself. And for frak's sake, run plenty of tests before hand. My first recommendation is the best thing that you can do is get a breathing tube that is large enough (Big hole) that if you lose it it will simply let lots of air in and allow you to breathe. Second, a timer. The best way to go is a digital timer that you can tell it what time to go on and off. These are traditionally used to have a light turn on and off in your home when you are on vacation. Third, I would not recommend using the bed for more than a few minutes (3 or 4) especially your first time out. It can get a little scary. Fourth, Have an emergency release. The best way to do this is to have one hand out holding the cord to the vacuum (I know, it wont be as fun). This way, if something does go wrong, just pull and you're good to go. Fifth, If worst comes to worse, have someone you know, trust, and knows what you are doing, call 911 if you don't call them by a specific time (this only really applies if you get stuck in the bed with no way out but can still breathe, IE your timer was set wrong. Embarrassing, yes. Deadly, no.

These are methods me and my girlfriend tested out after reading this thread in order to attempt to save lives. Let me make it clear, we do not recommend using a vacbed for self bondage. Do this at your own risk. I will not be held responsible for your accidents.

And once again...

For Frak's sake, run tests first!

-Hannah
Zan

Post by Zan »

Use a vac bed with a neck gasket you will be 10 times safer.
Random guy

Post by Random guy »

Like everyone else has said - don't do it. It's dangerous.

If I were crazy enough to ignore everyone's advise, I would add a 'T' fitting to a point in the frame. I would then freeze a plug of water in the T so that it would be airtight for only a short time until the ice melted.

FWIW.
Zimon

Post by Zimon »

I know a gay guy here in Norway who lost his boyfriend/fiance for a selfbondage vac bed session a few years ago or so! :(
The reason for his death was not revelad to the press or anything like that, only police and family/closest friends did get the message, and I heard it from the living fiance himself not long ago. He did take alot of time and energy to process his gried, but luckily he has moved on. Got a new boyfriend, learned to live with the loss and such. But as of this he never plays with Vac beds even though he is BDSM kinky, loves rubber/latex and do live almsot 24/7 in a BDSM lifestyle!

So selfbondage with a vac bad is very dangerous and should not be done! Only if mentioned above where you have a neck gasked so all your head is out in the open air the may be some safety in a Vac Bed session, never where the latex/rubber cover the entire face and you only got a small hole to breath through.

If you want to play selfbondage with a vac-bed I would recommend to use a timer, tie a breathing tube to your head like a gag with a belt and buckle or something. And test test test test test and more test the rig and setup before. Then you arrange with youre mistress that she will be in the next room. And in your hand you have a walkie talkie or another device with an alarm siren or something that alert the person in the next room. Then it will only take a few seconds for that person to storm inn and assist in an emergency.