Bondage safety tips

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Gregovic

Re: Bondage safety tips

Post by Gregovic »

This is exactly the reason I always have my keys and backups connected to an easy to reach location with some rope or chain. So I can retrieve them if I accidentally drop them. It happens more than you would think. Murphys/Sods law and all that.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Gregovic wrote:Murphys/Sods law
Now Sod is ganging up on us along with Murphy! :shock:

And intelligence has it that there's a certain Finagle that's in on the conspiracy... :?

There are saboteurs all around us!

Now where's my tinfoil hat?

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

So I didn't screw up :!: It was a conspiracy to embarrass me :roll: They used mind control to make me put the cuffs on the wrong way and energy beams to weaken the plastic :x
Have you got any tinfoil to spare :rofl:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

I used to get stuck once when i was really young and still with family. Some skis had some strong straps that have steel buckle that works like ziptie, but pushing from top makes it release. I had tested the strap with wrists in front before, being able to push the buckle towards something solid and then free myself. So then i locked bathroom door and tried it behind my back... and then i couldn't get them off. I was on second floor too and no cutting tools anywhere near, and didn't want to expose myself to anyone. But i opened the door and there happened to be my even younger sister. She opened it and we were like nothing ever happened. I think she was so young she didn't even understand what had happened, and likely didn't remember it later on.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

I am intrigued were you attached to the ski as well?
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

No :P But i think i put arms overlapped so that one hand couldn't touch other. Thinking about it, i guess i wasn't going to be crazy enough for first test to have legs bound too. Afterall most potential solid surfaces were like i had to be standing. But the buckle was either wrong way or just digging into skin when trying to press it, so it didn't open.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

cdinbonds wrote:Also, put your backups in a place where they can't get lost! If this had been a real emergency you could have been in real trouble.

I could still shuffle/hop around with my ankles cuffed, and I can still open doors with my hands cuffed at my hips, so I would have been able to get outside in a real emergency. Just didn't want the neighbours seeing me in bondage :oops:
Gregovic wrote:This is exactly the reason I always have my keys and backups connected to an easy to reach location with some rope or chain. So I can retrieve them if I accidentally drop them. It happens more than you would think. Murphys/Sods law and all that.

I think after this, I will attach my back up to a long string as you suggest. :) But surely there is still a risk of Murhys/Sods law striking and the string tangling trapping the keys, or am I just getting paranoid :twisted:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

JIMDINI wrote:But surely there is still a risk of Murhys/Sods law striking and the string tangling trapping the keys
Do you have a cat? Cats and strings have a nasty habit of interacting. :lol:
JIMDINI wrote:or am I just getting paranoid :twisted:
To quote the great philosopher Johnny Fever, when everyone is out to get you, paranoid is good thinking! :mrgreen:

Jenny.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Mistress Jenny
I think we must be somewhat psychically joined. I just finished watching Season3 of WKRP, and will be watching Season 4 soon.
Johnny Fever rocks!

First Red Green, now this. :facepalm: :rofl:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

cdinbonds wrote:Mistress Jenny
I think we must be somewhat psychically joined. I just finished watching Season3 of WKRP, and will be watching Season 4 soon.
Johnny Fever rocks!

First Red Green, now this. :facepalm: :rofl:
Ha! I just bought the DVD box set. It's odd that with life experience behind me, that show is even funnier now than it was when I originally watched it. 8)

I also have the complete Red Green set. :mrgreen:

They just don't make comedy like that anymore.

Jenny.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Yup, I have the WKRP box set. Just working my way through it.

I just ordered an "outlaw" set of Northern Exposure, which has all the original music, unlike the "official" version. :mrgreen:

Sadly, you are right about what passes for comedy these days. I'd much rather watch the older stuff.

I have box sets of Hogan's Heros, 'Allo 'Allo (British comedy about French underground in WW2), Taxi, WKRP, Red Green, Gilmore Girls. I'm looking at some others, but the Northern Exposure will keep me busy for a while.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

How about 'Honey West' a bit camp but one or two nice bondages. :)
gaby

Post by gaby »

Gregovic wrote:This is exactly the reason I always have my keys and backups connected to an easy to reach location with some rope or chain. So I can retrieve them if I accidentally drop them. It happens more than you would think. Murphys/Sods law and all that.
I used to do the same (with a very looooooooooong rope :rofl: )
gaby

Post by gaby »

bound_jenny wrote:Do you have a cat? Cats and strings have a nasty habit of interacting. :lol:
Right, and you get the same result if you put the cats and pantyhose together... :x :rofl:
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

gaby wrote:Right, and you get the same result if you put the cats and pantyhose together... :x :rofl:
I hope you pay them with tasty cat food for building your long rope. :rofl:
Otherwise, I'll call in the cat syndicate. 8)