Nipple clamps

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
tieman

Nipple clamps

Post by tieman »

I have a question about how long nipple clamps can be worn safely. I wear them for a long time (hours) and they are kept tight and and are painful. All part of the experience. After removing them, yes that hurts also, they can be sore and tender for a day or more after. Is there any danger of real damage from this practice. I assume women should be more careful not to injure their milk producing ducts. Guys do not have that worry but is there any risk here. I have not seen much on the subject or any discussion here. Any insights appreciated.
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

General consensus is that tight nipple clamps shuold not be worn longer than 15 minutes without interruption, because they can damage the nerves in the nipples, resulting in a loss of sensitivity. I personally think that only 15 minutes is a little over the top, but it depends on the type and strenght of the nipple clamps. Clamps with strong springs, metal tips and maybe even teeth are definately not designed for long term wear, whereas sofer clamps with rubber tips can probably be worn over extended periods without much risk.
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

I could assume that since they're tight and pinch, and could potentially slow down circulation...it could do something.

I'm not exactly sure though.
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
tieman

Post by tieman »

Grinser wrote:General consensus is that tight nipple clamps shuold not be worn longer than 15 minutes without interruption, because they can damage the nerves in the nipples, resulting in a loss of sensitivity. I personally think that only 15 minutes is a little over the top, but it depends on the type and strenght of the nipple clamps. Clamps with strong springs, metal tips and maybe even teeth are definately not designed for long term wear, whereas sofer clamps with rubber tips can probably be worn over extended periods without much risk.
15 minutes is not very long, my ice does not melt that fast. I had some clamps with the rubber tips but they did not stay on that well so I took them off. Never the type with teeth. I am looking at two hours with them on. No loss of sensitivity yet, at least I think.
Quantes

Post by Quantes »

It depends on the sort clamps you use. But only 15 minutes is a bit short.
CristyCream

Post by CristyCream »

Not sure about sensitivity, but you can build up some scar tissue if they are really tight. I know I have a little scar tissue in my right.
jake

Post by jake »

I think permanent damage to your nipples is unlikely simply because I've never heard of any stories of it.

I can't think that 2 hours would be that bad.
Bound&Helpless

Post by Bound&Helpless »

I have slept with very light nipple clamps all night. Have not done this often but every time they seem to fall off
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

Now that I own a pair, I think it also determines just how tightly they clamp. If your able to pull them off by rolling around (like in sleep) or with your hands, without a TON of screaming pain, you can most likely leave them on longer than the ones I own, which make me cringe when I clip them on and off...

Which is kinda funny, I'm a glutton for pain, and this is the first time ANYTHING has hurt my nipples like that. :shock:
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
tieman

Post by tieman »

Amy_Tenchi wrote:Now that I own a pair, I think it also determines just how tightly they clamp. If your able to pull them off by rolling around (like in sleep) or with your hands, without a TON of screaming pain, you can most likely leave them on longer than the ones I own, which make me cringe when I clip them on and off...

Which is kinda funny, I'm a glutton for pain, and this is the first time ANYTHING has hurt my nipples like that. :shock:
I put them on loosely first and then tighten to the desired level of pain/pleasure. I do it right before I bind my hands so I am not tempted to take them off.

I have had them come off when moving around but that is situation dependent. Also when I hang weights from them, they may slip off so I will go tighter.

Oh the joys of finding the right formula. :D
littlecdbondagegirl

Post by littlecdbondagegirl »

The longest ive worn clamps was about 2 hours. Granted, they were clover clamps, and that was some of the most intense pain EVER when i took them off. They were defenitely sore for the next few days. Though i dont think any permanant damage was done. Play safe! :D :D
"Dress me up like a Slut...Tie me up Tight...And im in Heaven!"
Sam-Ho

Post by Sam-Ho »

Nothing bad from my nipples so far. Unmodified clothes pins, for about an hour and a half, only soreness for a few days. Nothing too major, but they were old, and rather weak for me
The slave learns to love the lash. Add me!
sophiestacey

Post by sophiestacey »

Apologies to resurrect this thread from nearly a year! But I've been recently pondering how long nipple clamps can be worn for without damage. I agree with everyone that it depends on what type of clamp and generally how much pressure across a point they give.

I read somewhere that its not recommended to wear them anymore than 20 minutes at a time.

I often use hair clips (those metal tweezer type looking clips) and they seem to give quite a bit of pressure if worn directly on the nipple. Sometimes I may be brave and wrap an elastic band round it once or twice to increase the pressure. I've worn them for 25 minutes so far without problems. They are sensitive after, sometimes even until the next day.

The biggest problem is that the longer you wear them, the more you get use to them and the pain almost becomes numbing, so you go a little tighter, and then a little tighter more. When it comes to take off time, wow! You will be in for a shock just how tight you had them.

So my general rule is judge it based on when you very first put them on - get the pressure right at first and stick with it. Never tie yourself up in nipple clamps if you do not know what the feeling will be like of having the clamps on for such extended periods of time -- test without bondage, sitting at a pc sometime.

Play safe :wink:
Hanol

Post by Hanol »

Trail and error thing. Put clips, sit for 10 min. Take them off. Take 5 min break. Do it again for 15 min. And so on.

However clips restrict your blood circulation and can cause damage if used over a long period of time.

Depends what kind of clips, what force, etc.