Do play safe: BDSM death in Montreal area

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
bound_jenny

Do play safe: BDSM death in Montreal area

Post by bound_jenny »

A heck of a way to wake up. :shock: :cry:

Listening to the news this morning, hardly five minutes after the alarm clock went off, my heart nearly stopped when I heard of a 39 year old woman having died while under the BDSM care of her 41 year old male partner, in suburb of Montreal called St Bruno.

She went into cardiac arrest during the play, and even though her partner tried CPR to get her back, it was to no avail. The man may be facing charges of criminal negligence causing death.

This is one of those tragedies that make you think twice before going into any kind demanding solo or accompanied bondage and/or SM scenario. Physical fitness and overall health is very important.

I don't have any other information yet - it's five a.m. and the radio station just reported it.

I only hope that this is one of those terrible accidents and not another case of overenthusiasm or gross negligence.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ponylady

Re: Do play safe: BDSM death in Montreal area

Post by ponylady »

bound_jenny wrote: She went into cardiac arrest during the play, and even though her partner tried CPR to get her back, it was to no avail. The man may be facing charges of criminal negligence causing death.
fuck, but this sounds like one of those "accidents" you can't prepare for.

i would like to know how this story turns out, jenny.

any links to montral papers stories ?
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I'm keeping a close eye on the story.

Jenny.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

The local English-language paper has nothing on it yet.

A French-language paper has an article on it, a little more detailed, which I will translate and post later.

Jenny.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

bound_jenny wrote:The local English-language paper has nothing on it yet.

A French-language paper has an article on it, a little more detailed, which I will translate and post later.

Jenny.
that would be really appreciated.
many thanx, jenny.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Here is the translation of the French article.

Jenny.

---------------------------------

Vincent Larouche
Le Journal de Montréal
26/02/2008 06:07 - Updated 26/02/2008 11:58

A 39 year old Montrealer died Saturday evening after going to a residence in an upscale neighborhood of Saint-Bruno, during a sadomasochism session that went wrong.

According to the preliminary police investigation, [name deleted on request of member "The Dude" - see his post for reasons] was involved in peculiar sexual practices with the resident of the very chic "Sommet Trinité" quarter when the death occurred, around 7:30 p.m.

"They were into some unusual sexual practices. We seized several objects that resemble torture devices, but we will not go into any more detail at this time." explained Martin Simard of the Longueuil police department.

Cardiac arrest

For reasons still unknown, the woman went into cardiac arrest during the couple's activities.

The occupant of the residence did attempt, unsuccessfully, to revive the victim, until the emergency services arrived on the scene.

"Unfortunately, the woman was declared dead soon thereafter." added Simard. The occupant of the residence was arrested by police, and released yesterday and will appear in court by summons. He could face charges of criminal negligence causing death.

Accident

In a brief interview with the media while detained, the 41 year old man described the tragedy as an accident.

This death occurs two weeks after a retired Montreal professor almost died during a sadomasochism session in a specialized club in New York.

The man came close to dying from strangulation and was subjected to a media frenzy.
Last edited by bound_jenny on 21 Mar 2008, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

Hmm...until nothing further than cardiac arrest is mentioned as cause of death, it could have been just a natural death through heart attack... it is known to happen during sexual intercourse quite frequently. And I regard a heart attack during sex as a big candidate for top score in my personal "ways I want to die" contest.
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

There will be an autopsy since the death is considered "suspicious", and that there are charges to be laid.

If the cause of death has nothing to do with the BDSM play, then they really can't lay any really serious charges since criminal responsibility has been ruled out. But then the civil suits will probably fly.

Dying during raucous, outrageous sex sure beats cancer, by a long shot. But not at 39. Or 49. I plan on at least 85 before I cork off.

Jenny.
Venom

Post by Venom »

opens your eyes a bit doesnt it

especially considering the guy might be charged... fucking disgraceful world we live in
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

bound_jenny wrote:
Dying during raucous, outrageous sex sure beats cancer, by a long shot. But not at 39. Or 49.
There must have been some heart problem already prevalent, sex, no matter how its done, should not kill a healthy 39-year old. And if there really was, I stay with my first post - rather have a heart attack during sex than while climbing stairs.
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

this really sounds like terribly unlucky accident.

we probably will never know what really happens, unless some sleazy
reporter bribes a cop for all the juicy details.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

It's probably an accident, or something that has nothing to do with BDSM, like a preexisting medical condition. There is no way of knowing the woman's state of health prior to this.

It is possible that this story could be gently swept under the carpet.

It wasn't on the front page of the local sensationalist newspaper (Journal de Montréal, where I got the French story from) this morning. That is a huge surprise, because that is just the kind of juicy stuff they would plaster on their front page to boost newsstand sales.

I'm also surprised that the man hasn't been named yet.

Jenny.
bound_jenny

From CBC News on cbc.ca

Post by bound_jenny »

The story according to CBC News:

-----------------------------------------------

A Quebec man may face criminal charges after a woman died while they were having sadomasochistic sex.

The 39-year-old woman died Saturday night in a home in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville on Montreal's South Shore, police said.

She went into cardiac arrest while engaging in "out of the ordinary" sexual practices using "very particular" accessories, said Longueuil police agent Martin Simard.

When police arrived at the residence on Sommet-Trinité Street, the man was trying to resuscitate the woman, but she died, Simard said.

Police say they found torture devices in the homes, but would not give specifics.

The man was arrested and questioned but released without charge, police said.

Investigators are waiting for the autopsy report to determine if he'll be charged with criminal negligence causing death.

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story ... ml?ref=rss

Jenny.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

"Police say they found torture devices in the homes, but would not give specifics. ..."
Lets see...
there was clothes pins because he hung his clothes to dry...
Rope because he hung his clothes to dry... (did I cover that???)
Candles because he liked the atmosphere provided by candle lite... and they were sented...
Not to make light of this event, but what else could have been found??? (And the vanila reason)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:"Police say they found torture devices in the homes, but would not give specifics. ..."
Lets see...
there was clothes pins because he hung his clothes to dry...
Rope because he hung his clothes to dry... (did I cover that???)
Candles because he liked the atmosphere provided by candle lite... and they were sented...
Not to make light of this event, but what else could have been found??? (And the vanila reason)
If it was so innocent, I don't think there would be any kind of charges considered.

I don't know how the cops in your neck of the woods react in this kind of situation, but up here they don't turn clothespins into weapons of mass destruction.

Jenny.