bed bondage question

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
seeker2020

bed bondage question

Post by seeker2020 »

I am planing out a spread eagle bed self bondage and was wondering is there any difference between doing it tied face up or tied face down. Any tips with bed bondage would be appreciated.
ponylady

Re: bed bondage question

Post by ponylady »

just make sure there is no cushion underneath your face......

and of course, facedown will limit your range of vision when trying to release yourself and also the range of motion your joints are naturally offering.
[
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I find that there's much more limits being face down. For example, you lay on your lungs, so breathing is also more difficult. If you have strict bondage that already causes some concentration and energy, even while laying down, you will fatigue quickly enough and shorten the length of your session unnecessarily. Laying face down is something you can do, but you need to understand what it brings and adjust your session accordingly.

I would therefor lay down on your bed, face down, try out different positions, place your hands behind your back and find out how much strain this puts on your chest and other areas.

Keep in mind, that even though you can turn your head to the sides and lay like that, you will want to turn your head the other way at some point, which means you have to lift it up to turn, which means you will be putting even more strain on your lungs.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

if your going to be spread eagle all night, you will most likely want on be on your back. after a night of a strict face down spread eagle(about 7 hours), lets just say i was a "little" grouchy from complete lack of sleep and how sore my back was, even though it was my own fault. :roll:

one piece of advice, keep the keys on a string so you can pull them to you if they fall off the bed! i like to have the keys on a string attached close to my hands and then put them in my kitchen safe. its nice because i can put the lid on and the string doesnt effect the closing/locking of the lid. like this, your stuck for however long you set the timer for, and can easily get the keys when the safe releases them.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
seeker2020

Post by seeker2020 »

Thanks for the info, next question same area lets say I do a spread eagle bed bondage face up is there a reason to put a pillow under my butt when tied up or is this optional I have seen it a few time and was wondering is there a reason for it.
MSpike

Post by MSpike »

seeker2020,

The pillow is to give easier access to the naughty bits. Also, don't use a gag, especially in a face-up position. It's very easy for the drool to run down the wrong way and choke you.
seeker2020

Post by seeker2020 »

Thanks all for the answers