I Found A New Position. Is It Safe?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
AlexIsBound

I Found A New Position. Is It Safe?

Post by AlexIsBound »

Hello. I'm thunking of trying this position out for an hour or two but is there any modifications I should make to the picture to make it safer? Would blood circulation an issue?

I'm going to have my hands bound from above me pulled tight by the ring device and be on my tip toes while the otger is in tge air. Maybe I coult get a vibrator or something in the stretched hole.

http://m.imgur.com/E83lEdy Thanks!
Selfbondage... :gag:
KinkInSpace

Re: I Found A New Position. Is It Safe?

Post by KinkInSpace »

You sound overly confident... I bet you can't take it for half an hour. Its a very demanding position, especially standing on your tiptoes trying to balance.

That being said, this doesn't seem to be a position for self-bondage practice either. Even though I already have doubts you can get in, when you're tired, you won't be able to get out.

I guess this is one of those positions where you want to have a pair of scissors hanging on a tread besides you for emergencies, and gauge your own strength as you are in the position, and also keep your hands bound loosely.

Even if you can't fall, if the position is too demanding, and you have reached your limit, you will simply pass out.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
BornThisWay

Post by BornThisWay »

AlexIsBound wrote: *stretched hole*
E83lEdy.jpg
E83lEdy.jpg (7.38 KiB) Viewed 8226 times
Yeah that's a crazy position for SB, I've done stupid things before too. :facepalm: but anyway, if it were me I would probably do what I'm going to do anyway, and all self bondage is inherently dangerous.
So how to make it safer...
For starters, I would have pillows or mattresses surrounding me for when I fell, and I would have the release mechanism attached to your ring device so it will just drop you when your done.
I would also ensure I'm using a non-slip know for my leg, such as the bowline.

Of course, there is no guarantee that you wont hurt yourself when you fall even with pillows and mattresses.
It would be cool if you could figure out a way for the rope to be lowered slowly when the release mechanism is set.

Or maybe a counter weight like an elevator has, that way you can balance it out and leave yourself + 5 pounds on your side.

But then, what are you hanging yourself from, a good safe sturdy structure is a whole other subject.

My advice is to think about it until you've over thought it, then come back and think about it again, then make a bunch of dry runs, test every aspect, especially when you "think" you've make an improvement.
In my experience, whenever I change something to make it "better" I usually create some additional issues.

IMHO, simple and reliable trumps elaborate every time. try not to be creative beyond your ability to control the variables you create.

BTW which hole is your "stretched hole"? :D
AlexIsBound

Post by AlexIsBound »

Maybe I am too confident. I'm just really interested in this one it looks exciting.
1-2 hours sounds like a long shot but time really flies for me in SB. I'm still looking over the position and noting possible flaws and such. I think it's OK so far. Thanks for the reply!
AlexIsBound

Post by AlexIsBound »

I was thinking about the "landing" in detail.
I'd defiantly have something like a mattress under me and something soft on the rope which can't dig in so much to my leg.

My plan is to put mg leg in the loop, tighten my wrists in the wrist coil which tightens with a noose, then pull the ring device cord to raise my wrists high (the ring device is connected to a ice release) when my hands drop I'll be ale to grab scissors or un-clip the leg rope from a carabiner.

I'm going to hang my legs from a sturdy steel hook that is in my basement.

I'll do some dry runs tonight and see what I can improve.

Thanks!
BornThisWay

Post by BornThisWay »

AlexIsBound wrote:.....something soft on the rope which can't dig in so much to my leg.
...pull the ring device cord to raise my wrists high...
For your leg, you could always run the rope through a section of garden hose, this would have the combined effect of preventing rope burn and preventing the loop from closing. It's also something that should stick to sweaty skin and not allow your leg to simply slide out. another concern, if your leg on the ground looses contact with the ground, you could swing into a position that would make it impossible to put your leg back down.

Also, don't like the idea of the rope pulling on your wrists, have you ever had someone grab your wrist twist it behind your back and pull up?
It hurts like hell and you usually will shout "Uncle!" within a minute. When your toe slips off the ground it will be roughly half your body weight jerking your arms up behind your back, then if you get lucky and don't break any bones or tear a shoulder rotator cup, your ice lock will release sending your head straight to the floor because your knee is still in the loop.

The following is an EDIT:

My advice, attach the rope to your body harness (not your wrists) so it can support your weight comfortably.
ring device is still fine on that line.

have the ice lock (connected to your leg) - not your body.

You may have to stand on a stool to get your leg in, otherwise have a second ring device to pull your leg up too (better option).

Have the knife or whatever you are going to use to free yourself within walking distance after your leg is released.

Second EDIT:
AlexIsBound wrote:...pull the ring device cord to raise my wrists high...
Oh, I think you mean pull your wrists straight up as in " don't shoot" with your hands above your head... I assumed you were going to be tied like the picture.
Ok, that makes better sense.
AlexIsBound

Post by AlexIsBound »

Kind of like s star-jump yes. I made a spreader bar yesterday out of junk around my house so it's like s star-jump just with one foot on the ground.

Sorry to confuse you with the box tie in the picture. Do you know of any selfbondage guides to get into a box tie?
teather

Post by teather »

AlexIsBound wrote:Do you know of any selfbondage guides to get into a box tie?
Search you tube for "Lord methen tekate kote"
AlexIsBound

Post by AlexIsBound »

Thanks! Is it possible to use it with a time release?
Not sure how I would get out without a knife- I don't have a lot of rope to waste.
teather

Post by teather »

I wouldn't use a knife tied that way. Maybe research some of the related videos instead, they are less strict.
xuebaimeng

Post by xuebaimeng »

And how do you get free in this position?You can only hold the knife in your hands.Once the knife lost,you can not get it back.So I think this position is so dangerous and tiring.
MSpike

Post by MSpike »

Alex,

Try this in stages: first find a body harness that will support you, maybe something karada-like, or boxtie-like with a crotch rope/Swiss seat with the lift point in back. It should hold your upper arms, but not your wrists. Second, put a short time/ice release on the knee lift, so it comes down before the body lift releases. Third, after you're sure parts 1 and 2 work well, put a ring device with a small ice release at the top of your body harness and run a line up to it with a small non-tightening loop around your wrist coil, so you can pull your wrists up behind your back after everything else is set. Put a half twist in the wrist coil if it isn't tight enough. I would use a body harness suspension that did not have a timed release, but that I could get out of after my wrists are released, even with my weight on it, and would step off of a low stool to get the right amount of tension on the body harness suspension, then raise my knee, then raise my wrists.
Christian54
Location: Den gamle stald hvor dyrene tidligere var opstaldet bundet med halsjern og reb samt grimer

Post by Christian54 »

Hands and ankles are tied together with rope, and I lie in a sack where the whole body is pressed into bed, and the sack is tied to the snow so my head is outside the sack while the rest of my body is trapped tied in the sack that my friend has tied to .

After some time a rope is put around the ankles outside the sack and it is put to a waist under a bar and I am then hoisted up so I hang trapped in the sack dangling under the ceiling bar, without being able to get free.

Here I am sitting trapped in the sack, waiting to be moved for hanging out in the cold raw barn.
Attachments
Trapped in the bag with ankles and wrists tied together in the sack
Trapped in the bag with ankles and wrists tied together in the sack
Last edited by bound_jenny on 21 Oct 2021, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Translated the text to English
Bundet i en bondagesæk er ikke en straf men en gave, og hænderen bundet fast til anklerne sikrer jeg ikke leger med mig selv når jeg ligger i den bundne sæk der helst skal være en gammel jute kornsæk der lugter af korn og dyr fra stalden
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Good to meet you, Christian.
"Hands and ankles are tied together with rope, and I lie in a sack where the whole body is pressed into bed, and the sack is tied to the snow so my head is outside the sack while the rest of my body is trapped tied in the sack that my friend has tied to .
After some time a rope is put around the ankles outside the sack and it is put to a waist under a bar and I am then hoisted up so I hang trapped in the sack dangling under the ceiling bar, without being able to get free.
Here I am sitting trapped in the sack, waiting to be moved for hanging out in the cold raw barn."

Shannon SteelSlave response:

I am not sure I understand. Is the picture the same as your written description? Using snow in bondage can be dangerous, hypothermia is a real hazard, if that is what you meant.
I actually fell 6 inches onto my head from being bound up-side down, and consider myself lucky to be unaffected today. I won't try it again. If you insist, I recommend 2 holding devices, maybe 2 sets of ropes, so if the first fails, then the second will stop you from crashing to the floor.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠