Two rings "ratchet" problem

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
FatherOfFour

Two rings "ratchet" problem

Post by FatherOfFour »

Hi,
first of all, I asked this question here because answers might concern safety...
so:
I've tried many ropes with the two rings one way "ratchet" system, and none worked as good as luggage/boot textile strap (1/2"=12mm wide), with it's own buckle. Not even a millimeter left loose...

BUT (and here is the question):
When I tie myself in strappado, or hogtie from a higher point (no suspension!) I cannot pull with enough force to lift my hands!
How can I lift my cuffed hands while _pulling_down_ the strap?

I try pulling with my fingers, and let my wrists be lifted, but I reach a point where I have no more pull, and my hands are not raised enough (I can create slack in the pulling strap)

I know I could pull with one leg or some electric tool, but I'd like to do it myself, as a measure of "how low can You go"...

Thanks in advance for Your answers,
Have fun, pull ropes,
f4
cdinbonds

Re: Two rings "ratchet" problem

Post by cdinbonds »

If you have some idea how much more you need to pull to satisfy your desires, you could try standing (if a standing strappado is your goal) on a block or some books, etc., that are about that height. Once you get the ring device tightened as much as you can, you can step off and possibly kick the blocks away. The result is your hands will now be higher on relation to your body.

This may not work if you are bound in a way that prevents you from stepping or hopping off the block, such as a hogtie.

An air mattress with a slow leak or a just barely cracked open valve could work for hogties, kneeling strappado, or even standing strappado if you can get it firm enough to keep you elevated until you are ready. A small platform, say a piece of plywood might help spread the load when standing to keep you from sinking in too far and negating the effect.

I'm sure there are other ways to elevate and then lower yourself, and probably other ways to tighten the device without needing to change your height.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

For a strappado, not quite for a hog tie, if the strap is long enough, run the strap between your tied feet....
Then use your legs, while taking up the slack with your hands, to pull the strap tighter...
Or, a carefully measured length of rope tied to a weight, held up by a release rope.
Pull the rope and lower the weight to the floor.
and it will take up the slack you could not pull with your hands...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

Thank You both for prompt answers.
cdinbonds wrote:I'm sure there are other ways to elevate and then lower yourself,...
Indeed, I already tried mechanical and electrical systems (water barrel and pulley, and electric screwdriver).
The challenge is for me to pull my bonds as tight as I can (something like: how tight can I go?...)
Dark_Lizerd wrote:Pull the rope and lower the weight to the floor.
Did it, but it take away the _will_ to tighten the rope...

As You already figured, I'm sort of control-freak, so I want me to control the way I'm tormented, and the mechanics of two rings-ratchet is not sensitive enough.
Do You think a real ratchet pulley could help me? (it's a little noisy...) Or it's a Munchhausen Baron problem? (I cannot lift myself by pulling my hair...)

Thank You again,
Have fun, take control,
f4
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Maybe this will help... (rough and I don't know if it will work as (badly) drawn...)
Rings.jpg
Weight #1 (unmarked, but under the 2 ring devices) rests on a table, or floor.
Weight #2 (the other one) is free hanging..
(while I'm typing this, I see problems... but...)
But the idea is something like this...
Ring #1 (a ring device) will allow you to pull the weight up when you pull your hands down...
but when you relax, it will pull your hands back up.
Ring #2 will pull out the slack you created when you lifted weight #1 using weight #2.
Every time you pull down, the 2 weights will remove the slack you create until there is no more slack...

But as drawn, I noticed, weight #2 will just drop to the floor taking all the rope, and slack with it...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
kristy_ts

Post by kristy_ts »

I must suggest you add a slip knot on another anchor point say left of that Eye bolt. You need a way to quickly free your wrists. I do love a strappado. So Sweet Grewndoline. Anchor end "A" of the rope with a slip knot to a eye bolt run it a few inches to the support bolt to a pulley on your wrist back up then across to the rachets. They also sell mechanical Rachets at Home depo. I've had myself on my toes using a rachet but I ran the pull end of the rope through a series of eye bolts to a wall thus I was pulling sideways as my wrist were raise up. Release system .. slip knot or a ice wrapped around a eye bolt. Test this a few times then a few more times...
Attachments
Self Bondage Strappado
Self Bondage Strappado
FatherOfFour

Post by FatherOfFour »

Thank You for the answers,
I'm inspired by them and (sadly in a few weeks) I will test some new setups:
- pulley system to multiply the force (need more clearance, hanging point right on the ceiling)
- winch (tried it already) with uC: random pull for every increment...
- electronic scale inline with a limit of 10-20Kg
kristy_ts wrote:I must suggest you add a slip knot
Thank You Kristy_ts, very good idea with a cube in a loop, and not so obvious as my metal pipe with screws in the freezer:
- What's that, daddy? - It's something to test ice-breaking, for the next winter...

I'd still like to search a _simpler_ way of tightening Your binds at Your will, with ropes or straps, because I want to use minimalist hardware.
It's safer when Your "Toy Box" is small and filled with common household/shop items

Thanks again,
Have fun, play safe,
f4
kristy_ts

Post by kristy_ts »

Your welcome. I have a 1000 pound pull 12 volt winch but if the switch got stuck if the switch fail to unwind. Yeah, I've included safety switches "IN my Designs" to kill the up power if the cable reached a certain point. There are just So many thing with mechanical and electrical things that can go wrong -- thus I try to follow the KISS rule. Stepping off a block or a chair is an idea.. Check this out..

http://www.chimerabondage.com/home/

I've seen them knock off a weight so it kept pulling the arms up and up and up. It was a heavy weight on the other end of the rachet. These ladies also use spankers and winches. Good journeys Safe subspace.

kristy