Wait or Donate

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Keyless

Wait or Donate

Post by Keyless »

As I said in a previous post, I don't like the idea of emergency release devices which will cause major destruction of property if used (or in the event of an accident). I have been trying to think of some scheme that would not be used without good cause, but would not simply do damage. Here is an idea. I don't really know how to do it, but there are probably clever folk out there who do. The basic idea is to arrange for a donation to be given to charity if you use the release. Of course, the donation is an amount you can well afford, but somewhat more than you are entirely comfortable with. You might be able to set up a donation on a charity web site and arrange for the final mouse click to be done if you use the release, but I expect you would be timed out long before the end of a bondage session. The only idea I have come up with so far would be to send one or more donations by text message. If you use the release they get sent, otherwise you can cancel them when your normal release lets you go. What do you think? Does anyone know another way to use the basic idea? Is there a simple way to do this? If there is, some folk out there might find it useful and some charities might benefit.
gemt

Re: Wait or Donate

Post by gemt »

It does seem like a less destructive option.
In the UK I think there is a limit to the number of times you can fire a specific donation text per day, though.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

i dont think it should be a charity.
if you have to use the emergency backup,have it make as large a donation as you can to the political party you detest the most:)
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

gemt wrote:It does seem like a less destructive option.
In the UK I think there is a limit to the number of times you can fire a specific donation text per day, though.
Apparently that's true, but I don't know whether it's per charity or per phone account.

If that is not a problem, I think I have a possible way to do it. Apparently you can send a text from a computer as an email. There are also facilities that allow you to write emails, put them into your draft folder and have them sent automatically later.

So, you set up an email account, using a complicated password and user name that you won't be able to remember. You have a copy that you can't retrieve for a while. Post it to yourself, leave it at work, use a time lock safe or something. You also have a copy that you can use if you are released normally, but will be destroyed if you use the emergency release. You could write it in non-waterproof ink and arrange for it to get wet if you use the release. Alternatively you could put it on an SD card and use my suggestion here: http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... cro#p70769.

Now you set up the emails and arrange for them to be sent some while after you get released, but before you can retrieve the first set of account details. If you are released normally you can get into the account and delete the mails before they are sent. If you have used the emergency release you just have to let them go.

tiemeupalso wrote:i dont think it should be a charity.
if you have to use the emergency backup,have it make as large a donation as you can to the political party you detest the most:)
That's interesting. I was just going suggest you should choose one of the charities you would be least likely to support normally. That would give an incentive to keep your money for something you do want to support.