Is it safe to take a nap or sleep while hogtied?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
lkl

Is it safe to take a nap or sleep while hogtied?

Post by lkl »

Couldn't find a answer to this honestly and I am kind of curious whether or not its safe.
KinkInSpace

Re: Is it safe to take a nap or sleep while hogtied?

Post by KinkInSpace »

I can't see why it would not be unsafe if its just the hogtie (arms and legs bound behind your back)

As long as your head moves freely and there's no gag in place. Releasing may become a problem if the restraints are too tight. You will be stressing the cuffs on your arms and legs because your limps will relax. If they're too tight, you will cut blood circulation, and that is dangarous.

You should test it out by being in the hogtie for 3 hours and at any sign of trouble, get out. A sign would be: tingling hands/feet or any other part of your body.

If you feel confident to do this, play safe and get someone you trust to call you at a specific time, and if you don't answer, that they come over so they can free you. Also, start with just taking a nap, and only progress to sleeping once you've taken a nap 10 succesful times.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
lkl

Post by lkl »

I thought it was unsafe because your limbs are bend and upon being tied and I thought that alone will result the loss of blood circulation.

I wanted to try sleeping with a boxtie and a cross ankle (of course they're loosely binded with caution), so yeah, I' wasn't sure if it was safe.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I have no experience in being hogtied to be sure though. I don't have a partner in crime and all attempts to get into a hogtie weren't successful enough. :P
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

I would say it is very dangerous to sleep hogtied . Lots of deaths in police custody are caused by positional Asphyxia. The body weight on the chest (often unconscious drunks) stops the lungs expanding properly, a close watch is required even if the arms are only cuffed behind.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

If you use strain-relief cuffs (i.e. proper suspension cuffs), you can reduce the risk of losing circulation, but at the end of the day, it's still rather risky. Unlike other positions (such as spread eagle), a hogtie doesn't allow much freedom of movement, and definitely doesn't allow one to relax.
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

Hi $insert_name_here,

your ability to relax depends on how tight you are tied.
Some call it a hogtie only when it's so tight that the back is bent backwards - quite unsafe, even if you're not trying to sleep.
If your hogtie is just some rope between wrists and ankles, so that you cannot stretch your legs, I don't see many problems. Of course your binds need to be quite loose. Don't tie your legs and elbows or anything else - just wrists and ankles. I'd recommend my infinity loop hand tying technique, that's my favorite for a hogtie.

Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

CaptainJoe wrote:Hi $insert_name_here,

Some call it a hogtie only when it's so tight that the back is bent backwards - quite unsafe, even if you're not trying to sleep.
If your hogtie is just some rope between wrists and ankles, so that you cannot stretch your legs, I don't see many problems. Of course your binds need to be quite loose. Don't tie your legs and elbows or anything else - just wrists and ankles. I'd recommend my infinity loop hand tying technique, that's my favorite for a hogtie.

Joe.
Ah, good addition. I was thinking of the loose one only, not the strict one. Not that I can see how one could get into a very strict hogtie by themselves anyway...
BDSMandStuff

Post by BDSMandStuff »

I don't know how you could do that, I can barely get comfortable enough to sleep just laying in bed at night lol. I would say this is not a good idea at all. What if you wake up and you have a leg cramp, or an arm fell asleep? Laying spread eagle kind of limits the abnormal position your in so is probably less likely. I wouldn't try it.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

And don't forget to take into account the distraction factor. I have not managed anything more than a nap even in light bondage.

And when I do wake up, I'm extremely aroused. :shock:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
lkl

Post by lkl »

CaptainJoe wrote:Hi $insert_name_here,

Joe.
Ah okay. As long I don't tie my elbows or thighs, I will be quite safe if I attempt it. Got it.
Just wondering, what if I tie my ankles loosely yet the hog is tight enough that I can't bend my legs upright (as its not a severely strict hogtie that changes my body position). Is it still safe?
Also are cross binds (wrist or ankle)and box ties safe to do as well if one were to nap or sleep? (of course it wont be exclusive to the belly but on the sides as well.)

Although, due to many health concerns I am quite skeptical if I should even attempt it.
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

lkl wrote:Although, due to many health concerns I am quite skeptical if I should even attempt it.
It feels like only yesterday that I've stated this is a real forum with real hormones and real stupidity. :facepalm:

Would you mind stating your health issues so that there is a chance to give proper advice? And to make it clear: We are no doctors. I am just some weirdo that survived 30+ years of selfbondage.

Joe.
lkl

Post by lkl »

CaptainJoe wrote:
lkl wrote:Although, due to many health concerns I am quite skeptical if I should even attempt it.
It feels like only yesterday that I've stated this is a real forum with real hormones and real stupidity. :facepalm:

Would you mind stating your health issues so that there is a chance to give proper advice? And to make it clear: We are no doctors. I am just some weirdo that survived 30+ years of selfbondage.

Joe.
I guess I was quite a bit vague.
I was just worried about the blood circulation on bended limbs or if the position itself would block the blood flow because of the position pressure on the side.
Well, 30 years above of selfbondage is rather impressive that the hobby still stayed with you, so I have to say "kudos".
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

my apologies - the oddities of a foreign language. I misinterpreted concerns as issues. :oops:

If you have only health concerns why don't you just try it? There is a thread about overnight bondage, maybe that's a good starting point. I've never managed to sleep with my hands tied on the back, I've always given up after some hours and retied them in front.

As for getting old with selfbondage as hobby - that's risk management on one hand, and a loving, two legged saftey person on the other :love:

Joe.