What was your (biggest) mistake in self-bondage

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
CD Tammy

Re: What was your (biggest) mistake in self-bondage

Post by CD Tammy »

I had thought about power outages, the lock opens when power interrupts. A week later and my arms are still sore when I lift them above my head. It still ranks as one of my most awesome experiences.
sweh

Post by sweh »

I wrote up my story last year, here: http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 11&t=11249
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

I gave a couple of examples three years ago see link http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 282#p74282.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
SBadiction

Post by SBadiction »

I've always had,and still have, an interest in suspension and practice it when I can. This incident happened in my younger and more foolish days. There are two main ways I do it and for both I wear a crotch harness made of a three inch wide leather belt with D rings on either side and from these straps go down either side of my genitals, crossing over between my legs and up the other side in a figure of eight. All of these are fastened tightly, I love this sensation just on its own! I then do one of the following.

Method 1

I call this “semi suspension' I have ropes with clips on the end which go over a beam to the D rings and the length would be adjusted so I could just put my feet flat on the ground but I would be under tension. I could stand on tip toes to release the pressure or bend my knees and be totally off the ground. In this method I could lock my wrists behind my back and use an ice timer and it would be safe and enjoyable as I could always release the pressure.

Method 2

Very similar to the above but I would stand on a chair so I could step back off it and be totally suspended with my legs thrashing around (I never tie my ankles together) again, fantastic and safe as I could step onto the chair at anytime. I would occasionally use the timer as above.

The incident in question started with a method 2 suspension with my wrists locked behind my back and an ice timer which I knew from experience would take one hour, give or take a couple of minutes, to release the keys. On this occasion I was particularly aroused and had an erection that would have won prizes! It was one of those times when you think "isn't there anything more I can do to heighten the experience?' I always keep a clock nearby and it was getting to the point whereI had only about five minutes left before my keys dropped and I thought “I know, I could kick the chair over and have a few minutes of real suspension! 'Half of me was saying “don't be stupid' the other half was saying “go for it!' A couple of times I curled my toes under the chair and started tipping it but drew back but then the “GO FOR IT" won out and I flipped the chair over and, wow, it was great. I was thrashing around and couldn't doanything about it. My erection was so intense I think if anyone had touched the tip of my cock I would have cum all over the place!

Five minuteswent by, it was still fantastic - but no keys.

Ten minutes -still no keys, it's now starting to get a bit uncomfortable and I'm getting abit of tingling in my legs.

Fifteen minutes- still no keys and it's now getting painful and I'm losing a bit of sensation in my legs and cock.

It was half an hour before the keys dropped by which time I was in a bad way with not much feeling in my legs and my cock was going a darker colour. I unlocked my wrists, reached up and grabbed the beam, took my weight and released the clips. I collapsed in a heap on the floor and it was a few minutes before I could even undo the harness and massage my legs and crotch, all thought of relieving the sexual tension had gone by now and it was a few hours before I felt normal again and a few days before all the marks disappeared.

Why had the keys taken so much longer to drop this time? It is something I'll never know but perhaps the ice cube I used was slightly bigger without me noticing or the temperature in the room was lower so it took longer to melt.

It is something I've NEVER tried again and I would implore anyone thinking about it to think again. I don't know what the consequences would have been if it had gone on longer and whether permanent damage could have occurred from trapped nerves and circulation.
Happily married (but always ready to flirt), wife not into anything kinky so it's self-bondage when I can.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I did a suspension, hanging by my ankles from the rafters, using a bicycle lock cable. The darn cable crimp separated and sent me to the floor. I was only about 6 inches off the floor, but the watching my point of view go from upside down to up side down and 45 degrees from my weight landing on my head and bending my neck, was scary. I feel so lucky I didn't get paralyzed. It was a Thursday night, so I took a personal day, and the rest of the weekend off from work to recover. Advice for the future? For me, my advice to myself is never do it again. If you want to try, I recommend real ankle harnesses that won't cut off circulation, and use multiple ropes or chains with good knots, locks, or other fasteners that won't bend or break. Make sure the rope, strap, or chain can hold your weight, my advice would be to test it either by hanging exercise weights off it of greater-than-your weight, or grab the rope and hang on it, but have extra weight on your body to test it.
If you're going to hog tie with padlocks and cuffs and digital timer, make sure you can reach the keys. I was doing a hog tie, and timer locked the keys on top of my exercise machine. As I was about to connect my wrists and ankles with the last pad lock, I suddenly and conveniently thought "how am I going to get the keys after the timer runs out if they are way up there?"
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
pavtron

Post by pavtron »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I did a suspension, hanging by my ankles
Being upside down is really hard on the retina. Insomuch it can cause it to detach just from the blood pressure. Be super careful.
Shannon SteelSlave

The biggest difference between us and masochists is our ability to plan our scenarios, including the escape. Our willingness to share allows other to learn from mistakes. That's why I don't mind exposing my less careful side. Have fun all, play safe.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Lisa2024

Post by Lisa2024 »

I had that one experience some time ago where I did a hogtie combined with an elbow tie. I usually can get out with a scissor, but I dont know why, but I used a something to cover my eyes and a ballgag. The scissor was very near, and I thought I could reach it easily.

Well, long story short, i couldn't reach the scissor and the rope was very tight. I tried not to panic and just get out of the rope, but I simply couldnt. Then I crawled around searching for the scissor but I just didn't find it. Well I knew it couldn't be gone and I realised I had to get it, because I was unable to free myself otherwise, no matter how hard I struggled.

It took nearly 20 minutes (thank god) and I found the scissors more by accident. But even with the scissors I took me some time to get free, because I was completely exhausted. That was actually pretty scary.

After that, well, better no more blindfolding when doing hogties ;)

At least I could get some pictures out of it.
Attachments
cap440.jpg
Last edited by Lisa2024 on 09 Jan 2022, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

Shannon SteelSlave likes this. The picture, I mean. Glad you got out ok.
👠👠
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

Lisa2024 wrote:I had that one experience some time ago where I did a hogtie combined with an elbow tie. I usually can get out with a scissor, but I dont know why, but I used a something to cover my eyes and a ballgag. The scissor was very near, and I thought I could reach it easily.

Well, long story short, i couldn't reach the scissor and the rope was very tight. I tried not to panic and just get out of the rope, but I simply couldnt. Then I crawled around searching for the scissor but I just didn't find it. Well I knew it couldn't be gone and I realised I had to get it, because I was unable to free myself otherwise, no matter how hard I struggled.

It took nearly 20 minutes (thank god) and I found the scissors more by accident. But even with the scissors I took me some time to get free, because I was completely exhausted. That was actually pretty scary.

After that, well, better no more blindfolding when doing hogties ;)

I love the pictures too! But I am more glad you got out! I ordered an ice lock for extra safety. I did also use the panic snap suggested to me and works out nicely. I don't really like knife or scizzors as main release for some reason. Also I guesa my style is more sensual than strict
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?
Lisa2024

Post by Lisa2024 »

@Allie: Yes, scissors are not reliable, especially not when blindfolded. At least I learn from mistakes (or I hope I do). But it was pretty scary how easy it is to tie yourself up in a way, that its not really possible to get out anymore.

@Shannon SteelSlave: Thanks :) I did many hogties before, so I felt pretty secure in doing what I was doing. But then it did not work out the way it was supposed to.

But as I read through this thread, I am not the only one who got into trouble once.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

I think over the years we all make mistakes, and hopefully learn from them. (The fact we are still on here) I know I have made many mistakes in SB, and until Jenny gets a reliable time travelling washing machine, we can't go back and correct these mistakes. My first time seriously stuck was over forty years ago.
When I was in my early twenties I managed to bind myself into total immobility, using padlocks, chains, handcuffs, posture collar and gag. Basically hogtied to a wardrobe door handle (see sketch) with one key taped to the back of my hand and the other attached by thread and tucked into the waist band of my tight speedos. Basically dropped first one and thread broke on second, leaving me stuck until my mother came home.
Attachments
Youthful folly 3.jpg
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Lisa2024 wrote:After that, well, better no more blindfolding when doing hogties ;)

Glad you got out. In the meantime: I love your photos of this hogtie and your elbows binding (just like AllieXBow's). :drool:
I used to always use some kind of ice lock as an extra. Nowadays my 2 time padlocks in series. They don't open until later than planned, but if my regular release doesn't work, this is still a good backup.
Most of the time I do a bondage that I can always get out of and just imagine it to be an inescapable bondage - the mind is stronger than the flesh. Fortunately, I learned from a very young age that things can go very wrong, which gave me a devilish fear to squeeze myself into an impossible position. Not that it has nevertheless happened a number of times that it was very close. So always be on the lookout for this.
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

kinbaku wrote:
Lisa2024 wrote:After that, well, better no more blindfolding when doing hogties ;)

Glad you got out. In the meantime: I love your photos of this hogtie and your elbows binding (just like AllieXBow's). :drool:
I used to always use some kind of ice lock as an extra. Nowadays my 2 time padlocks in series. They don't open until later than planned, but if my regular release doesn't work, this is still a good backup.
Most of the time I do a bondage that I can always get out of and just imagine it to be an inescapable bondage - the mind is stronger than the flesh. Fortunately, I learned from a very young age that things can go very wrong, which gave me a devilish fear to squeeze myself into an impossible position. Not that it has nevertheless happened a number of times that it was very close. So always be on the lookout for this.
Yes the mind is very powerful. I can tie myself up without rope if I focus
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?
Lisa2024

Post by Lisa2024 »

However the mind can also be a little devil and tell you to go a little bit further than you actually should.