Images that made my day

Crazy news, jokes, humour and more or less funny things.
davisev5225

Re: Images that made my day

Post by davisev5225 »

bound_jenny wrote:a British actor pretending to be a Frenchman... :rofl:
As a Star Trek nerd, I'm quite happy to spread this fun fact:

That was a deliberate design choice. They were trying to convey the idea that the Earth was united as a single "nation", so they deliberately called his character French despite the very obvious accent and lack of traditional French facial structure. The point was to show that all cultures had blended together in the utopian future.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Don't Spank him.jpg
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Alternate ending:

"She goes to her husband, and says 'look what I found in our son's room! What do we do?'. His eyes go wide, and he suddenly drops to the floor at her feet, in the submissive position, asking meekly 'whatever your whim, MIstress'." :rofl:

The old block to the son's chip, as it were.
davisev5225 wrote:As a Star Trek nerd, I'm quite happy to spread this fun fact:
Star Trek nerds are always happy to spread fun facts. But I should throw stones in a glass house unless it's transparent aluminum. :hi:
davisev5225 wrote:lack of traditional French facial structure.
What the bleep is traditional French facial structure? :shock: Who's the prototype? Louis de Funès? Where does the tradition come from? Pas-de-Calais or Le Midi? Pyrénées or the Alps?

In any case, with that guy, his head is all face. :lol:
davisev5225 wrote:The point was to show that all cultures had blended together in the utopian future.
We don't have to wait for that - when a man with a very Italian name (auto racer Dario Franchitti) speaks with a Scottish brogue that would put chief engineer Scotty's accent to shame, we're already there. :rofl:

And I have a flip phone that superficially looks like the communicator from the original series.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Deck.jpg
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

OId decks tend to get dry, cracked and creaky. Especially if they're not properly maintained and protected from the elements.

Believe me, I know what it is to sit on an old deck.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jenny.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

bound_jenny wrote:
davisev5225 wrote:lack of traditional French facial structure.
What the bleep is traditional French facial structure? :shock: Who's the prototype? Louis de Funès? Where does the tradition come from? Pas-de-Calais or Le Midi? Pyrénées or the Alps?
Narrow chin, somewhat long and thin nose, eyes that are rather flat (virtually no slant either up or down) and shallow (don't sink far into the face). And I suppose I should have said "stereotypical" instead of "traditional".
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

davisev5225 wrote:Narrow chin, somewhat long and thin nose, eyes that are rather flat (virtually no slant either up or down) and shallow (don't sink far into the face). And I suppose I should have said "stereotypical" instead of "traditional".
Oh! Of course! Fernandel...

:rofl:

Jenny.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

And there I was thinking the traditional French look was like Asterix and Obelix, with big flowing moustaches (although Picard probably favours Getafix without the moustache). :rofl:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

JIMDINI wrote:nd there I was thinking the traditional French look was like Asterix and Obelix, with big flowing moustaches
And their large, bulbous noses?

Is it me or as time goes on, davisev5225 is getting deeper and deeper in the doodoo he stepped in? :rofl:

Jenny.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

bound_jenny wrote:Is it me or as time goes on, davisev5225 is getting deeper and deeper in the doodoo he stepped in? :rofl:

Jenny.
I'd hardly call 2 posts "doodoo", nor could it really be described as getting deeper as time goes on. :P

Also, any confusion at this point is categorically not my fault, ESPECIALLY since I didn't start this whole thing. I am, however, enjoying the French jokes. :lol:

Also also, did you know Patrick Stewart thought Star Trek would fail? He only signed on *BECAUSE* he had been convinced that it would fail, and he was looking to get some "quick" money before continuing with his more Shakespearian ventures. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/h ... 682711.stm
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

davisev5225 wrote:Also also, did you know Patrick Stewart thought Star Trek would fail? He only signed on *BECAUSE* he had been convinced that it would fail, and he was looking to get some "quick" money before continuing with his more Shakespearian ventures.
And I thought foreign nationals (Bill Shatner [Canadian] Paddy Stewart {British] Marina Sirtis [British} ) could only do Star Trek if they were Shakesperean actors. :rofl:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Marina Sirtis is not british. She's greek.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Slave_L wrote:Marina Sirtis is not british. She's greek.
Oh, please... you all have it wrong. She's neither British nor Greek. She's Betazoid (half-Betazoid, but who's counting?).

And the figure she had back then... imagine a nice wasp waist corset under that skin-tight outfit she wore... :shock:

That would have sent Riker to the holodeck to cool off at least twice per episode. :rofl:

Jenny.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Slave_L wrote:Marina Sirtis is not british. She's greek.
Marina Sirtis was born in the East End of London, the daughter of working-class Greek parents Despina, a tailor's assistant, and John Sirtis I know London is a big city but I don't think it stretches as far as Greece.
bound_jenny wrote:Oh, please... you all have it wrong. She's neither British nor Greek. She's Betazoid (half-Betazoid, but who's counting?).
As Lwaxana Troi got around the universe quite a lot there is no guarantee her daughter wasn't conceived in Britain :rofl: .
bound_jenny wrote:And the figure she had back then... imagine a nice wasp waist corset under that skin-tight outfit she wore...
Behave yorself Jenny you'll be suggesting Seven of Nine needed a corset next :facepalm: Oh no! what have I said :!:
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

JIMDINI wrote: Behave yorself Jenny you'll be suggesting Seven of Nine needed a corset next :facepalm: Oh no! what have I said :!:
You mean something like this one?
7of9_s4a1360166417.jpg
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)