Most recent post

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
speedy-j

Most recent post

Post by speedy-j »

Is there a way to view topics from day of first post descending/ascending? I ask this because when I set to view the topics by posting, it sorts by the last person who replied and not by the day it was first posted. Does anyone understand what I am saying?
Tenderfoot88

Re: Most recent post

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Hmm. When you go into a specific board, directly below the list of topics, there are sorting options. You can choose to filter out things that are too old (first category) and organize things by Author (original poster, alphabetically), Post time (last thing posted in first/last) Subject (title of the topic, alphabetically) or by replies or views (more popular things first/last, by either measure.)

I don't see an option to sort based on the posting time of the original post, which is what it sounds like you want. (I'm somewhat curious as to why you want this feature, by the way, but it's neither critical nor particularly constructive to the problem at hand.)

Perhaps our dear administrator, Anna, can add this feature, if it's merely an option to turn on. (Looking back through the history, she seems hesitant (understandably) to bugger around with the settings too much. It's very easy to break things when you don't know exactly what you're doing - I've been an admin before, so I know what it's like (though the downtime and rollbacks never really mattered because my forum was pretty much stillborn anyway.))
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Tenderfoot88 wrote: Perhaps our dear administrator, Anna, can add this feature, if it's merely an option to turn on. (Looking back through the history, she seems hesitant (understandably) to bugger around with the settings too much. It's very easy to break things when you don't know exactly what you're doing - I've been an admin before, so I know what it's like (though the downtime and rollbacks never really mattered because my forum was pretty much stillborn anyway.))
that's a feature that isn't implemented in PHPBBS. you can find it in commercial VB or PB boardsoftware.
[
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

ponylady wrote:that's a feature that isn't implemented in PHPBBS. you can find it in commercial VB or PB boardsoftware.
Unfortunately PonyLady is correct, this feature is not included in the forum software. If there was such an option I would turn it on as long as it does not require any forum modification. I am open to changes in the configuration of the forum if it adds any value to its users but I am extremely hesitant to make any modification to the forum software.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.