Site wish list

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
Dark_Lizerd

Site wish list

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

OK, just thought of this one...
"I post a story, and I get 0 responces and 500 reads"
Lot's of people read the story, but no one is saying what they thought, good, bad or indifferent...
I know it would not be good if everyone posted a "Liked it", "It sucked, keep your day job", "ehhh.."
But, if there could be a button, or few, for "liked", "no like", or "so-so", then the readers can rate a posting with out typeing a comment...
Then, after someone read a posting, or story, a little feedback could be provided, with out wading through tons of "like", "hated it" postings...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
bobbi

Re: Site wish list

Post by bobbi »

you could do that with the Poll feature
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

bobbi wrote:you could do that with the Poll feature
my thoughts exactly.
[
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

ponylady wrote:
bobbi wrote:you could do that with the Poll feature
my thoughts exactly.
Ditto here.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

So... post a story and all a poll???
As strange as that sounds, it would be do able...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

OK, well my wishlist item would be for a way to "ignore" certain threads I'm never going to read.
Example, the Carilock, etc. threads for people who want time added or whatever. I hate clicking on the chastity forum only to find it just another of those, which I'm not going to read. Is there, or could there be a way to mark a thread or entire sub-forum so it does not show up new postings on the board index?
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Top right is a blue text on the main forum listing that says "Mark all forums as read" ( or about that)
that will clear all the "Un-read flags"....
I do that every now and again to clear them up...
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

@ DL: not really what CD is looking for.

@ CD: if you "hate" these threads so much,
you might at least try the "view new posts" option in the upper right corner of the main page. This wil show you which threads have new posts without you going to that specific forum.l
[
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I think it's better to select "Mark topics read" in each subforum - "Mark forums read" marks all topics in all subforums as read. But you still will need to click on that subforum to get to that function. A minor inconvenience.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:"I post a story, and I get 0 responces and 500 reads"
That is sad but the 500 number really do not say anything about how many have read it. It only says how many clicked on the thread. A lot of those would not read it and many of those that does actually read it would not be registered members. Longer stories or stories with bad formatting is likely to get a very much higher rate of clicks to read as it would work as a turnoff. If there is no indication what to expect at the start of the story this will also cause some readers to turn away. Receiving feedback on a story is very rare but do not let that put you off. Write things you like yourself, your own feedback is what matters most. The external feedback is only the cherry on the top.
Dark_Lizerd wrote:So... post a story and all a poll???
As strange as that sounds, it would be do able...
A comment in the thread is naturally much better but if the readers do not care to do that then a poll would be an easier route. Polls could cause some false feedback so do not take the votes to seriously.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

I use the "Mark as read" for those I chose not to read. Would just be nice to not have them show up at all so I don't have to enter that section only to find nothing of interest.
As far as "View new posts", I'll try that, but doesn't it still require going to the forum section to Mark the threads I haven't read as read, so they don't reappear next time? Basically just another step.
An "Ignore this thread" button would be so much better, but if it can't be an option on the site, so be it.
The title of this thread is "Site WISH List"
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
cooper1337

Post by cooper1337 »

cdinbonds wrote:I use the "Mark as read" for those I chose not to read. Would just be nice to not have them show up at all so I don't have to enter that section only to find nothing of interest.
As far as "View new posts", I'll try that, but doesn't it still require going to the forum section to Mark the threads I haven't read as read, so they don't reappear next time? Basically just another step.
I only use the "View new posts" page, and almost never the normal board. The list of new posts will be cleared every time you are logged out, so you can just leave them marked and they will still disappear.
The only times when I use the normal board is if I happen to have to logout before I can read all posts. If that happens often to you, it might still be good to mark all posts as read after you have checked the new posts, so that new posts can still be destinguished if you logged out early.