Trader/Personals Forum

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
allamericanboy21

Trader/Personals Forum

Post by allamericanboy21 »

Would it be possible to put up a personals forum to find locals and also a trading forum? I always want to buy handcuffs and leg irons :oops: lol
Mmmmpphhhh = Please don't take my gag off!
anna
Site Admin

Re: Trader/Personals Forum

Post by anna »

I stand back a bit and await what the other members will say about this before adding my thoughts.

Everyone: Please add your thoughts and remember that this is a request of a potential improvement of the forum, at least in the eyes of the original poster. There is no reason to steal his release key for requesting it even if you do not like it. :wink:
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
cooper1337

Post by cooper1337 »

If you want to get leg irons and handcuffs, why don't you just buy them somewhere on the internet?
There are quite a lot of boards out there which have such a "trading" subforum, but they are usually meant for people in a small area. If I say "hey, I have some leg irons left, I'd trade them for some rope", what would you get from that? Would you really want to pay shipping from germany?
This is much more suitable for smaller forums - say, just for Oklahoma or so - or for the website of a munch.

There have been quite some requests about personals. If you want to learn more about a specific member, you can always look at the profile or at the "member introduction" board. If you are looking for people in your area, it might again be better to search for a local munch.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

i think its a great idea.i have bought from other kinksters on line before and shipping wasnt much of a factor.
as for personals,i love the idea that mabey there might be somoebody otu there for me.
Anything_Once

Post by Anything_Once »

The idea of a trading thread may not be viable just for how spread out people tend to be. Also online you tend to find more people who want stuff than those willing to give no matter what the scale.

As for personals I can see a use for this.
Could be a place to meet people online and exchange dares every so often, kinda like a kinky pen pal.
Also the more people get to know each other the better dares they will receive as they will be tailored for you.
Just leave details about what your into / want in a thread and anyone interested can get back to you.
I saw threads like this appeared on an image board awhile back. It worked really well but because it was off topic for the board people complained and the threads were banned :(

If something like this was set up I would use the threads to find kinky pen pals :D
The problem with trying anything once is that eventually it gets hard to find new things to try...
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

about finding locals:

http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... f=3&t=5865

your chances are way better in communities like fetlife or smaller ones more centered on a specific country.

about a trading or 2nd hand-forum:
this works well in a german selfbondage-board, but than 99% of the 40k+ members live inside of 700 x 500 klicks, meaning
in disputes there is no international law involved.
BA, with it's 5k+ members strewn all over the world, isn't really a fitting place of stuff like that.
[
allamericanboy21

Post by allamericanboy21 »

All very valid points, I didn't take the member placement into account on the trader. I will go punish myself in a few hours :gag: :whip: :P As for the personals that would be really cool I am glad some people did like the idea. But once again I guess it does come down to the size of the e-community in question as to whether the feautre would work. Oh and as for everyone who has replied :hi: to you too!
Mmmmpphhhh = Please don't take my gag off!
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

ebay is very kink friendly, as far as i can tell.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

yea, BA is world wide, trading stuff may not work out to well, but how about something that will travel much better...
Ideas, places that one user finds and wants to share...
IE: I was in Walmart and found some cable carring straps(?) and hey would work out very good as single cuffs...
Actualy it is true... they are the right size for cuffs...
(picture to follow...)

Also, Boundforum.com does have a traiding thread... I haven't checked it out but it is there...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Thanks for all the feedback on this.

No dedicated trader section will be added but if an established member of the community has a hard to find bondage toy for sale or know someone else who has one for sale, he or she can post an ad in a suitable section. Just try not to trip on the spammer alarms. :mrgreen:
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

As promised, just a little later than planed...
My new "cuffs", (yea, I got 2)
The text on the "T" handle is "Cable Wraptor"
Yes, it does have a ratchet lock, but if you can't reach the release, why have a lock???

(well, looks like I have an uloading issue, the site times out waiting for the file...")

The cuff:
http://www.crocko.com/59EC825FABAF4C029 ... G_0001.JPG
And it in use:
http://www.crocko.com/A6D99305A5524A4AA ... G_0002.JPG
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Dark_Lizerd wrote: The cuff:
IMG_0001.JPG
And it in use:
IMG_0002.JPG
I took the liberty to attach your photos instead, let me know if you want me do remove them.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I'm finally adding my two cents to the debate.

It is, in theory, a good idea, but in practice, it would be difficult to manage. It would have to be very closely watched to keep spammers and other peddlers from using it as a sales platform. I would say that to be able to post in such a section, a minimum number of posts is necessary - if the poster is a serious and contributing member of the forum, he/she is much less likely to be someone who just wants free ad space. The items sold must also be strictly regulated - everything has to be bondage related in one way or another (which would include clothing). We wouldn't want someone to use our resources to sell four inch nails, vacuum cleaners or pool liners... :roll:

It would be a shame to put something like that in place, work hard to keep it clean, only to shut it down again because of abuse.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

bound_jenny wrote:I'm finally adding my two cents to the debate.
Very good points and I agree with all of them.
bound_jenny wrote:It would be a shame to put something like that in place, work hard to keep it clean, only to shut it down again because of abuse.
Or closed down for not being used.

Everyone: The latest addition to the forum was the review forum, a very good and promising idea. Pony Lady put in a lot of time and energy preparing it and designing the rules. Unfortunately the members of this forum do not think the idea is as good as I thought they would. No one has posted in the Review forum, someone must have bought something somewhere that could be of interest for the rest of the community. (Shame on you! :whip: )
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Anna, thanks...