Subscribe to thread

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
SissyTina

Subscribe to thread

Post by SissyTina »

Is there a way to subscribe to threads here? (getting email notification of replies)

I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
Tina.
anna
Site Admin

Re: Subscribe to thread

Post by anna »

No, that feature has been disabled. People registered accounts with fake email addresses and then subscribed to treads. The resulting email notifications bounced right back to me, causing me to drown in spammy emails. :evil:
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
SissyTina

Post by SissyTina »

Oh! Isn't there a way to set return address to an un-monitored (invalid) email on notification emails? Most of forums I visit do that.

I have been a heavy user of many forums for years now, and I have to rely on the subscription feature to keep up with threads.

Or is there at least a way to see a list of threads that I have posted in that have new replies?

Thanks!
Tina.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

SissyTina wrote:Oh! Isn't there a way to set return address to an un-monitored (invalid) email on notification emails? Most of forums I visit do that.
Probably but it would still cause a lot of unwanted email traffic.

SissyTina wrote:Or is there at least a way to see a list of threads that I have posted in that have new replies?
Try this link: http://forum.boundanna.net/board/search ... =egosearch It should show the treads where you have posted as well as showing what is new. You must be logged in though. You can find the same link just above the banner here above as "View your posts".
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

SissyTina wrote:
Or is there at least a way to see a list of threads that I have posted in that have new replies?
the thread icon changes once you posted in a thread. On the old skin, f.e., a small dot is added to show you participated.
[
SissyTina

Post by SissyTina »

Ok. I see. Thanks!

Tina.