How about a section for locations

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
stephen

How about a section for locations

Post by stephen »

I would love to see and area where we could go to see others who want to post their area. a simple forum with sub forums. Ie USA sub all states go into your state and post your city or just hi i am from >>>> I would love to find others from my area it would allow people to help others with where to purchase things where they can play things like that. Not saying everyone should blow up the pages with these ideas but if you know that i am from washington state and you are to you can PM me and ask me questions and share thoughts through Pms
lj

Re: How about a section for locations

Post by lj »

there's no reason why you can't be quite specific on your location in your profile. It would be foolish to put your post/zip code, just as it is silly to put up an email address. Whilst most of us here would respect your personal space, there are bots that search, criminals who seek, press looking for an easy story and so on.

and you can always introduce yourself with some specific interests. Just bear in mind the obvious afety rules for meeting strangers, however plausible they appear in the virtual world.

And if you are after real-life contact (and I would strongly encourage that!) then just search for Munches in your area and go to them - usually the simplest way to meet fellow-kinksters :-)
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

also there are entire sites that are better suited for location trolling, like fetlife.
stephen

Post by stephen »

Fetlife sucks sorry, and it would be the persons choice to post. And what is it with people trying to send every one to other sites. This is after all a forum something that can grow. What I recommended is a location forum where people can share place that invovle the life style.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

this is a self bondage site, how many people do you need to meet? yourself! people send you to those other sites because they are already set up and have tonnes of people already using it. starting more places to look for people just makes it that much more difficult to find them. unless you sign up for all of them... and then you're back to square one.
stephen

Post by stephen »

One this is NOT just a self bondage site. That shows where your lack of attetion is. Two This site ask for ideas and i see post on here all the time anyone around here or there...I just think that it would make it nicer to have a section for that. And no I dont want to join another site to talk to people about stores and place to go do bondage and other things in this lifestyle. We can share how to make gear and ways to do things why not where to go if you know of good spots or local clubs that support the life style. See here i am asking for this to help people like myself who dont know every place in the world to go and would love to hear from people in my area of sex stores that have good things and place i might be able to do outdoor bondage. Tell you what before you post again learn things click on board index in the top right. look at ALL THE FORUMS DIY CROSSDRESSING BONDAGE(WITH SOMEONE) SELFBONDAGE TRUE STORIES STORIES EVERYTHING ELSE... PEOPLE are posting for the same info i am all over the place and it is so crasy. why not just orginze it into one forum thread. Instead hey to bad go PAY to find people into kink in your area. oh i just paid 59.99 and the last person in my area that was on was online 3 months ago...come on get real. help the lifestyle out dont bash me because i want to help others just like me...go lock yourself up and lose the key with no back up...i dont care if i get banned people like you are why people give up the life they love
lj

Post by lj »

Before tempers get frayed, please refrain from aggressive responses. People are entitled to their own opinions, even of you personally do not agree with them.

Any helpful suggestions are welcomed.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

lj wrote:Before tempers get frayed, please refrain from aggressive responses.
I second that. No one is going to make friends by attacking fellow members. This forum is based first and foremost on mutual respect and self-discipline. Then the bondage comes in. I suggest to anyone who reads something that raises their ire to sit back a few moments to calm down before taking that mouse pointer anywhere near the Reply button.

If someone is referring you to another site, it's not because they want to boot you out of here, it's because that's the advice they have in hand. Thank them for their help, and if you have a comment, word it politely. If you've had bad experiences on a particular site, express it in a manner that is respectful of the other member. Do not take out frustrations on others - and that's more than a suggestion.

So keep it down. :whip:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

my 2 cents.i think it would be a good idea to either have a topic that people could post their location in,or just list the members by location.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

stephen wrote:i dont care if i get banned
People does not get banned for posting ideas that they think would improve the site. The ideas might not be implemented but they are still welcome.

For now this is the closest we have to a location list: http://forum.boundanna.net/board/member ... &sk=b&sd=d (You must be logged in to view it!) Spamming other members with email or PM would result in banning so please use it carefully. Also note that a lot of the members are no longer active.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

ooh well,

me thinks i have to chip in here, too.

1st, sorry to the team & members. I shouldn’t probably post this, but I just spent about 2 hours writing this, as it has been nagging me. I just hope Stephen spents a reasonable amount of time thinking & responding to this

see, i think it started because i took the liberty of deleting one of stephen's threads because it was
just a duplicate and some of that "resentment" over that decision still rings through in that thread here.

let's make one thing clear: yes stephen, some of your wording & the attitude that carries through your posts
did rub me the wrong way.

that famous ban button is only one click away, but it didn't yet cross my mind to press it.
*and believe me, i have made enuff "enemies" at other places where I mod/admin that are way more wild than this one.*

seriously, the noun "moderator" stems from the verb "moderate" which basically means "calm the waves".

stephen, you're a member of this board for 10 days. what do you want (hope to gain) from this place ?
do you know this already ?

all this probably started when you misinterpreted my reaction in this thread

let me try to explain that in detail:

# this is a board for selfbondage, says so in the header.
# you posted something that could be seen as a contact ad *we have a contact section here ?*
# you duplicated a exact copy to another forum of this board, which i deleted, and answered the question you posted.

welcome to the world of forums. you don't allways get the results you want. 1000 views & one reply shouldn't deter you.
it's normal. you hope for a better ratio, but don't expect it, even if you put a lot of effort into your post.
that's the nature of open boards *ones that can be read in full without registering*

but i think the real issue is that negative experience & those $60 you paid for a contact site.

welcome to the real world. if it would be that easy to find a kinky RL partner via the web, this site would
have paid moderating, not just some freelance enthusiasts who do it on their spare time because they care.

and now i'm being nasty:

stephen wrote:One this is NOT just a self bondage site. That shows where your lack of attetion is. Two, This site ask for ideas and i see posts on here all the time, anyone around here or there...I just think that it would make it nicer to have a section for that.

Nitpicking here: English isn’t my 1st language, but if want to be taken “seriously” I would make sure to correct typos & grammar before I press submit.

it's just if you "flame" somebody, which you no doubt did *and there are a lot of places where a mod would have pressed
that famous button*, it looks so much more credible if the spelling & grammar is correct.
stephen wrote: And no I dont want to join another site to talk to people about stores and place to go do bondage and other things in this lifestyle.
stephen wrote:….. why not where to go if you know of good spots or local clubs that support the life style. See here i am asking for this to help people like myself who dont know every place in the world to go and would love to hear from people in my area of sex stores that have good things and place i might be able to do outdoor bondage.
Sorry, but that sounds like a contradiction to me. or is that about that $60 mishap again ?

I’m sorry, but you are hoping for something this place isn’t.
Boundanna is mainly about SELFbondage & topics related to it.

that's the charme of this place and why members visit & particpate in here.

Take a look here:

http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewforum.php?f=30

don’t ask me how many hours I spent for that place, and I don’t even shop that much via the web, but I thought it would be a nice idea.

Nobody is even looking @ it.

Am I pissed ? maybe, but that’s the nature of boards. My brilliant idea is most probably
Indifferent @ best to the peeps who visit this place.

Comes with the territory.

and goes to show you that a webshop-review maybe doesn't really fit the topic of this board, and so is probably your case.

If you really care for that “matchmaking” service, or whatever you want to call it, why not make anna an indepth proposal about how it should be structured and how it should be run.
You might be surprised if you receive a positive reaction. *hint: there ain’t just 50 states in the Us & 280 million possible persons interested, but 6 more continents with about 197 more sovereign nations and countless regions to account for.*

Think about it this way:
You come in here, offer a suggestion & are surprised that peeps don’t think “why didn’t I think of this ?”. happens all the time. Somebody has to be willing to spent the time to make it
Work. You might as well be this “somebody” if it is so important for you.

But if it is just the “stuff you mentioned ” in the vicinity of john Stockton & his kids you are looking for:
There are a lot of other sites around who already have done that research & are way better suited, equipped & willing to help you.

don't get me wrong, but as you said: "i've been all over the place". participate, articulate, contribute, and maybe something
happens out of the blue when you don't expect it.
just don't expect a small community with a specific topic to embrace the idea of going "facebook".
[
greenfrog9

Post by greenfrog9 »

just to state my opinion on the location thing... I feel the optional location field in profiles is perfect.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

ponylady wrote:just don't expect a small community with a specific topic to embrace the idea of going "facebook".
My opinion exactly, though I don't know if I would have worded it more or less tactfully... :? Depends on my mood - which can be pretty bitchy at times... :lol:
ponylady wrote:“matchmaking” service
I never really saw BoundAnna as such a thing, nor did I join with such an expectation - and it's highly likely that most of our members don't have that expectation either. This forum is a place where self-bondage enthusiasts come together to share their experiences, techniques and feelings about SB and thus no longer feel alone about it. Matchmaking is way down on the list in my opinion. If it happens, then so be it. But it's not our mission as such.

Bottom line is, when one asks for something, and gets it, it's extremely poor manners to flame the provider of said something. It's much more polite to fart in a jar and send it to your nemesis.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

Hi there,

a big Thank You to the mods, for their time and enthusiasm spending here on boundanna to make this forum happen.

To calm the waves and pour more oil in the... wait... kinda element. Fire? Water? Sonic waves is in the air, so I settle for fire. :twisted:

This site exists for an eternity, at least on web-timescales. I cannot believe that someone comes across a well-running board, sees that he wants something different and is pissed that we don't jump on the idea. Fetlife is for meeting people (that's why I consider that site pretty useless for my desires) boundanna is for talking about selfbondage ideas.

jm2c,
Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

this is a forum, forums are for discussion not geolocation. this happens to be an international forum, we are spread out all across the globe. a handful of us do mark our locales down which show up in the side bar there. that mainly gives people perspective of the breadth of the community. basically your idea was good in that it was an idea, but its not really the point.

[additional] like joe said. web-space-time is not equal to normal time. that is why a lot of the "IM ON WEBCAM NOW" threads fail. not posted with enough advance warning for the "post-and-check-tomorrow" system.
stephen wrote:Instead hey to bad go PAY to find people into kink in your area. oh i just paid 59.99 and the last person in my area that was on was online 3 months ago...come on get real.
lol, lol, wat? through fetlife i have met lots of people and the only thing it cost me was the gasoline to drive somewhere when i elected to do so. now we know someone is just feeling angsty from being duped by a "facebook of sex" ad.