Appearance

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
chasteed

Appearance

Post by chasteed »

How come the appearance of the forum changed suddenly? It was much more legible the way it was.
anna
Site Admin

Re: Appearance

Post by anna »

You were probably one of the about 20 people that used the alternative (phpBB2) forum style. A recent software update unfortunately caused this template to no longer work so I removed it, causing you to get the default style instead. I am sorry about that but I thought that no one would even notice the removal of it.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

anna wrote:You were probably one of the about 20 people that used the alternative (phpBB2) forum style. A recent software update unfortunately caused this template to no longer work so I removed it, causing you to get the default style instead. I am sorry about that but I thought that no one would even notice the removal of it.
i was using the old style, too.

and i miss it badly.

how about installing this one as an alternative for all us "oldtimers" ?

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/?style_id=945
[
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

ponylady wrote:how about installing this one as an alternative for all us "oldtimers" ?
Or, how about http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/?style_id=1056 and change the graphic for the Ballgag? :)
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

I too liked the old style better, but if only a small number of us were using it, it probably is because we knew about it. Many people probably didn't know they had a choice. I'm getting used to this new look, so I can deal with it if I have to.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I am sorry, I did not think that any of the 20 something users were even active anymore, making it safe to deactivate the theme. I Now understand that this was not correct and I have therefore activated the template again. You can change back again in the User Control Panel under Board Preferences.

PonyLady, LoKiT:
Nice ideas but I prefer to keep the two styles that are built in to the software. This minimizes all problems for me and makes the forum run more reliable.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

aahh, that's looks like i'm used to it.

thanx, anna.
[
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Thanks Anna! :D
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
chasteed

Post by chasteed »

YAAAAYYY!!!

Thank you!
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

i personally dislike the default themes because it looks like every other phpbb installation ever in the world. but meh whatever. other than the giant flashing questions? email anna and self bondage images and adult forum images at a quick glance nobody would know what i am reading while at work, heh.