Site Chat

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
BoundSoul

Site Chat

Post by BoundSoul »

Hey All,

I was thinking. Wouldn't it be awesome if Bound Anna had a chat room. Where all the forum users could chat and interact with each other in a more direct way.

Or perhaps just nickname based on the main site.

I think that would be a really cool way of meeting new people :)...

Just throwing out an idea ;)

Kind Regards

Bound Soul
cdinbonds

Re: Site Chat

Post by cdinbonds »

This has been brought up before. There are a number of very good reasons why it's not a practical idea, the first being that since this is a world wide forum, there are 24 time zones to deal with. Just the difference across the US would make it difficult for many to participate, then throw in the 5 to 9 hour difference between the UK and the US, plus all the others around the rest of the world, and it becomes highly problematic that many would be able to participate.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

It would also be basically unmoderated - there isn't necessarily someone around 24/7 to keep things in check.

Plus there are so many other chat options available on the net.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

IRC.

its up 24/7, people sleep weird hours anyway, veterans already understand moderation is a joke and newbies find that out quickly.

on that note, bondage.com does have an irc chat server and a web interface for it. i used to be in there but all they ever talked about was being old and how they felt the weather in their joints. 100% serious. and it was pretty much mostly male doms who would never even acknowledge me unless i joined with a female nickname. 100% serious. i tested that.
lj

Post by lj »

the previous comments have answered why it wouldn't work on this forum, but perhaps joining a "local" site, for example in the UK there is www.informedconsent.co.uk which does have chat facilities though they do seem to have problems in that it can get cliquey and the unmoderated part does mean things can get a bit out of order. I speak not from personal experience but by comments made by others. There is also a one-to-one chat facility but that depends on the other person being willing and available.
be a switch, double the fun :-)