Having Site Problems

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Having Site Problems

Post by LoKiT »

I hate to ask as a site newbie but I'm having problems with the site. It gets very slow, and replying to posts just times out or offers a file download and then times out. Yet newposts are ok? if it doesn't time trip out for another login? Cookies are enabled so it shouldn't session trip? Which really has me puzzled as I run my own phpBB site and it all seems fine there. Sometimes I cant seem to get past the age check screen. Sorry, but to be honest I don't really have the time right now with this thing I'm planning for this forum to investigate the problem. But thought it was better to flag it up incase anyone is experencing the same? Just in case? Image

Info that might help, Im running SuSE Linux, FireFox 3.5.6 with the 'noscript' filter plugin (Which maybe the cause) and enabled for this site with full java and flash rights for this site and session cookies on. Kinda baffled as to what is going wrong, Maybe its me, but it seems to appear a little broken Image

My last thought, there is an IP v DNS lookup check feature in phpBB (anti-spambot), As I have a top level secondard FQDNS that may be throwing it out but that depends on how its setup? Just a thought

Cheers Image
Last edited by LoKiT on 13 Apr 2010, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
onestrangeguy

Re: Having Site Problems

Post by onestrangeguy »

This happens from time to time. I believe it's because the servers are busy. That's the price we pay for visiting a popular site. Perhaps if you are able, visiting at a different time of day would help.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

As has been explained several times before, Bound Anna is not on a dedicated server - it is hosted on a server along with other sites (that's the way it goes with a lot of web sites). Occasionally, total server traffic gets a little hectic, when means the machine must divide its limited bandwidth among all the users. Also, other sites may have resource-hungry scripts and applications running, which slows down the machine, further impairing its ability to cater to everyone connected.

So if it gets slow, just sit back, take another sip of coffee, and take the time to appreciate life.

Or do as I do, just go check out another site while BA is loading... that's called multitasking... :mrgreen:

Yup, I can flog and chew gum at the same time. :whip:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I have also found that the forum has been a bit slower than usual lately. I am sure that our forum will return to its normal speed of operation when things clear up again. And when it does it usually becomes lightning fast for quite some time until it slowly gets slower and slower again.

But not being able to even enter the forum is naturally not acceptable and it always makes me very angry when it happens for me. And since this is an European website it will naturally be even slower if you are trying to reach it from a country far away. But again, sometime it goes to far and I think our host needs a bit of a spanking to fix it. :whip:
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

Ha ha it works.... got a reply in Image Sorry I should have made it clear it was an observation and not a complaint. Its was puzzling and the problem with DIY systems is there is always a dout the fault was this end and its all gets a little fuzzy.

Sorry bound_jenny to cause you to use the "repeat" and "not" words.... May I please hack the offending bandwidth thief and drag out the offending core code gaged and bound and whip the bytes out of it... pleeeaaasseeee! But seriously its like that daft thing Micro$oft does when the modem driver fails and says "You cant connect to the internet.... would you like to go to our online help service to troubleshoot the problem" Image

Anyway glad the problems not in the site or here.... I shall take advice and drink loads of coffee (I do alot of that) and wait for the small hours as that seems good.

Cheers
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Is there a hick-up going on???
There are a few scenarios missing...
"Deflatrix" is one and my "freedom at a price" is another...
I could not find any reference to it any where...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:There are a few scenarios missing...
"Deflatrix" is one and my "freedom at a price" is another...
I could not find any reference to it any where...
Deflaterix is in the scenario section under heavy scenarios. The Price Of Freedom is also on the website, it was just never added to the navigation. It was supposed to be added in the November update but unfortunately that update was completely lost in a tragic accident. :oops: The December update will include everything that should have been in the November update I just have to add everything again. (Mostly done...)

http://boundanna.com/html/en_scen_thepr ... eedom.html
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
wayneheidlebaugh

Post by wayneheidlebaugh »

My problem:
Every time I try to visit this website, it seims like I'm going around in circles getting through other sites hoping to get to the index page and log in.
Is there a faster way past these other sites? Why not add a link to either the "main" site or "Forum" site marked "Index page"?
Did you know your email address is invalid? I tried to send an email discussing this problem and it keeps comming back as "Invalid email adress".
Wayne Heidlebaugh
use rname wayneheidlebaugh
wayneheidlebaugh@ymail.com
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

For getting to this forum directly, its http://forum.boundanna.net/board/ - I've been using that since I've joined. Bookmark the link so you don't have to type it out.

For going to the main web site directly, its http://www.boundanna.com

There are no "other" sites between the two.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
luanachiantelle

Post by luanachiantelle »

here the navigation seems normal....

(from Italy)

Luana
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

wayneheidlebaugh wrote:Every time I try to visit this website, it seims like I'm going around in circles getting through other sites hoping to get to the index page and log in.Is there a faster way past these other sites? Why not add a link to either the "main" site or "Forum" site marked "Index page"?
The main site and the forum are two different sites and links between them goes through the age disclaimer. This is for legal reasons.
The two entrances are http://www.boundanna.com/ and http://forum.boundanna.net/ depending on what site you want to visit.
wayneheidlebaugh wrote:Did you know your email address is invalid? I tried to send an email discussing this problem and it keeps comming back as "Invalid email adress".
Are you referring to my email address? That address should be working fine.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

He may be accessing the site through a link partner...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...