chat

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
tiemeupalso

chat

Post by tiemeupalso »

I know it has been discussed,bot there are so many good people on here I think a chatroom would be a nice add on
I haven't been able to find a good one yet.
Dark_Lizerd

Re: chat

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Lots of active accounts, fewer active visitors, fewer active posters... divided by 24 time zones...
I'm not sure would get very many responses, and even fewer timely replies...
BUT... Lets find out shall we...

I hope everyone visiting for the next week, pops in and adds a comment to this thread as if it was a chat line...
Say anything, even if it is just "Hi"
If everyone does that, the posting time would show how active a chat section would be...

So... Everyone, join us in this test...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Plus such a chat room would be essentially unmoderated. It would very quickly become a mess, infested with spam posts, arguments, etc. It would be about as unruly as a bar on pay day.

Very few moderators, 24 time zones, and believe it or not, mods have jobs, social lives, families and homes to take care of, etc. I sure as hell ain't going to spend several hours a day watching over that. Not with my pay.

Not practical. As mentioned, this was discussed before, and the same reasons explained before are still applicable (even if the number on the calendar has changed).

I wouldn't want have anything to do with it.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
lj

Post by lj »

bound_jenny wrote:Plus such a chat room would be essentially unmoderated. It would very quickly become a mess, infested with spam posts, arguments, etc. It would be about as unruly as a bar on pay day.

Very few moderators, 24 time zones, and believe it or not, mods have jobs, social lives, families and homes to take care of, etc. I sure as hell ain't going to spend several hours a day watching over that. Not with my pay.

Not practical. As mentioned, this was discussed before, and the same reasons explained before are still applicable (even if the number on the calendar has changed).

Jenny.
you get paid :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

where did I go wrong ?
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:Lots of active accounts, fewer active visitors, fewer active posters... divided by 24 time zones...
I agree there are few active posters – probably in the low hundreds. Another thing I note is that there are often 10 or more guests and just one or two, if any, registered users. Doubtless some of the guests are registered users who are just catching up with the site without logging on, but I doubt that accounts for most of the guests.
bound_jenny wrote:Plus such a chat room would be essentially unmoderated. It would very quickly become a mess, infested with spam posts, arguments, etc. It would be about as unruly as a bar on pay day.

Jenny.
This is an excellent site and thanks to all who look after it. I particularly note that people are very well mannered and the mods do a great job. I, for one, would not want to see that put in jeopardy. In contrast, on vanilla sites, I often see someone calling another an idiot or similar, sometimes using more colorful language.

On the other hand, there are lots of good ideas posted and I think it is likely that some of the guests must have had their own activities inspired by them. Would it be out of order to encourage any guest who has used an idea from the site to sign up and tell us about it.
lj

Post by lj »

Keyless wrote: Would it be out of order to encourage any guest who has used an idea from the site to sign up and tell us about it.
they are very welcome to join and post, the more the kinkier !

to join, you only need a valid email address, and that can be an anonymous one on gmail or hotmail. As far as I know, only Anna has access to that email address, Moderators don't access that information, we use pm just the same as everyone else, or email using the user name (like "Lj") on their profile.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

didn't mean to piss some people off.i knew there was a reason and I wouldn't want to scare anyone away.
I guess the title of this thread shouldn't be "site feedback"..but something else.i love this site and have for years.hell I have worn out 3 computers looking at this site.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

tiemeupalso wrote:didn't mean to piss some people off.i knew there was a reason and I wouldn't want to scare anyone away.
I guess the title of this thread shouldn't be "site feedback"..but something else.i love this site and have for years.hell I have worn out 3 computers looking at this site.
I'm pretty sure noone here is pissed off or even angry. It's an understandable question, it's just a feature that wouldn't work for this site due to the reasons explained
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Having seen how much trouble a site like literotica.com has had trying to make a chat work, I think it would be of little use.
(And I agree, a hell to moderate!)
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

How about something in-between...
A thread called "chat" where everyone just post random thoughts...
Like: "The Earth is 8.3 minutes from the Sun, so that the light you see from the Sun left a little over 8 minutes ago..."
Or should we just stick to random "bondage" ideas???
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:A thread called "chat" where everyone just post random thoughts...
I might be venturing into the realm of the insane, but isn't there a subforum called "Everything else" that's pretty random in itself? Most of you inmates probably know the "Funny Things" area too. Now that's random! The only restriction there is that posts actually need to be funny.

There are a gazillion chat and instant messaging programs and web sites out there. Anyone can set up a chat room/channel independently and have at it in there.

Or you could just yell random thoughts out the window. You'll get people to talk to rather quickly... :rofl:

Jenny.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

As an admin myself (not on this site though) and also maintaining chats on IRC and Discord, I know what it is to maintain one.

Although I would counteract the argument of it being hard to manage and not having people to moderate such chat, the biggest problem is the fact that this would still be an 18+ sexual oriented chat. The kind of people it attracts requires a stricter policy than a gaming chat.

True, you can simply use chat on invite, and if you misbehave, you are gone. In addition, having a bot online, or a member who has 24/7 access to it even if they are not present, simply to have a log of what has been said, so any misbehavior can be looked into would be required, but definitely doable.

But because this is an 18+ kind of site, and that would be an 18+ kind of chat, many people can't maintain it while they are at their jobs, whilst it would be possible to maintain a gaming chat while being at work.

As a community, it is the job of a moderator or admin to protect every member from other members. Sexual comments from males to females is a big concern that, although also present at gaming related sites, is a much bigger issue on sexual oriented sites.

I do have faith that the members here on BoundAnna are more mature and would less likely misbehave, but a chat would definitely attract people. So it really does require proper management, and that means there has to be time allotted to maintain it.

So I definitely understand the no here. Even a shoutbox would have the same problem.

People may say, but isn't the forum just like a big shoutbox? No. The biggest difference between a forum and a shoutbox, is that a shoutbox uses one-liners mostly and invokes quick responses which invokes emotional responses. A forum post is often long and people therefor tend to reread what they type or at least think it over before writing a message before hitting that submit button.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Slave_L wrote:A forum post is often long and people therefor tend to reread what they type or at least think it over before writing a message before hitting that submit button.
That's pretty much what I answered the last time this subject came up. A forum is great because you can take the time to post your contribution, and make it much more clear and unambiguous than a one-liner. Then a good, solid and intelligent discussion can follow. Or a bit of insane fun *usually some kind of hilarious thread hijack by a moderator that shall remain anonymous :hi: *...
Slave_L wrote:the biggest problem is the fact that this would still be an 18+ sexual oriented chat. The kind of people it attracts requires a stricter policy than a gaming chat.
You've got that right. I wouldn't want to think of the legal consequences of the wrong kind of people using it for nefarious purposes (the wrong kind of nefarious). A slip-up can be very costly.
Slave_L wrote:many people can't maintain it while they are at their jobs
Slave_L wrote:So it really does require proper management, and that means there has to be time allotted to maintain it.
I don't have the time for that at work, and I don't have a lot of it at home either. Maintaining/moderating a chat of one form or another is a lot of work for a volunteer. In fact, it's quite literally a job itself. I want to keep this fun and relaxing, not aggravating and exhausting.

I think the absence of a chat feature makes Bound Anna what it is - fun, relaxing, and very, very naughty in a fun way.

Let's not spoil it.

Jenny.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Actually, this is a 21+ kind of site, according to the official rules.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.