Wanted: Mobile App Developer for BDSM focued app

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

icebox500

Wanted: Mobile App Developer for BDSM focued app

Post by icebox500 »

Hello!

I am currently looking for someone who is familiar with developing applications for mobile platforms (android, iphone, etc.) I have tried to do this several times but lack the technical know-how and the patience to learn. The app that I would like to create is an application centering around the BDSM lifestyle. It is meant for a Master/Mistress to be able to monitor and control their slave either from long distance or just throughout the day. If you are interested in helping to do the technical side of this please contact me on here and we can talk about the specifics.

Thanks All!
Brian
KinkInSpace

Re: Wanted: Mobile App Developer for BDSM focued app

Post by KinkInSpace »

May I suggest you to try App Game Kit 2? Its a cheap development platform aimed at creating games, but the fun part is, you don't actually have to create games with it, and it can export to iphone and android as well as windows and mac.

It has 2 different languages, one is a basic language that can be used for most things, and one is C# kind of language for if you want to go one step further.

Creating a program is really easy and you can probably create whatever you want in an evening. It even has commands for using GPS, sensors, network stuff (so one phone can communicate with another phone)
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
icebox500

Post by icebox500 »

I really don't know anything at all about coding. I tried out the software (a free demo version) and it is all coding. I really need someone with the experience developing to help out with this thing. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

If you can sketch out an idea, someone may be able to get you started...
I know Basic and VB6...
Once you know how to create life, if become very addictive... :)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

@Dark_Lizerd, if you know basic and VB6, you will not be able to create a mobile app. But App Game Kit 2 will be something for you then. I myself have programmed basic and VB5/6 in the past and I am now a php coder. I tried various other languages, amonst pascal, C, C++ and C# but I just couldn't get a hang of it to create a game. App Game Kit however is so easy Got something done in 20 minutes to know that I can make something with this.

Its just that if I want to make a BDSM app, I'd rather make one with all the things I want in it. But I'm not sure how you could interface with any external appliances though. The only thing the app could do is display stuff on screen and request user input. It could communicate with a 2nd app though, and use any of the available hardware, such as sound, camera, light, etc.

I've been thinking about making a normal game, and put in a Sound_Estim mode. If activated, the game won't make any sound unless you need to be punished. Hook a sound_estim device to your phone's headphone and play the game. It could provide haptic feedback in the sense that, if it were a racing game, and you drove over sand, it would create a very mild vibration, but if you hit another car or the walls, it would give you a big jolt.

The biggest downside is, that if you get the big jolts too often in a row, it loses its power. So ultimately, you would want the game to not be too hard to lose, but if you do, you would have had at least 1 minute of play without any punishments. I haven't been able to come up with something that could provide this experience.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Slave_L wrote:... It could communicate with a 2nd app though, and use any of the available hardware, such as sound, camera, light, etc.
If it can access the hardware, it should be able to also access the bluetooth, nfc and/or wifi interfaces?
That should in consequence mean, that control of external hardware is possible.

I'm actually thinking about exactly that approach (Smartphone, Arduino+bluetooth, maybe Pi), with the goal of having remote control toys, possibly even with a web-interface for quite a while now.

Before you get too eager to have results shown: There's not a single line of code written yet. Nor is any of the hardware completed. Up to now I'm stuck with ideas considering the how-to, as I'm (unfortunately) building on no budget rather than on low.
But I promise to provide access to the complete documentation of the project, the code and complete hardware schematics as soon as it exists. :hi:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

There is currently no support for NFC nor for bluetooth.

This is what is possible: http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation ... ut-Raw.htm