Does This Kink-Useful App Exist?

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

tuscaloosa-sub

Does This Kink-Useful App Exist?

Post by tuscaloosa-sub »

Several popular self-bondage scenarios involve window blinds that will open after some time delay. If you fail to escape your bondage by this time, up go the blinds and you risk being seen. Great fantasy, but with serious problems in the real world, like a shocked neighbor calling the police to report indecent exposure, followed by eviction from your apartment and an interesting headline in the next day's newspaper.

So...

Is there a smartphone app that takes a photo (or a series of photos) after a specified delay, then automatically e-mails the photo(s), or automatically posts to a web site you specify? This could be used to set up some exposure risks that would be exciting, yet controlled and limited to keep you out of the bad kind of Trouble With A Capital T.

There are tons of apps that give a short delay before taking a photo, and other apps that make e-mailing photos easier, but not quite fully automatic. But I can't find anything that sets up a long delay and then does a fully automatic e-mailing. Does it exist, or is anyone inspired to write one?
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Re: Does This Kink-Useful App Exist?

Post by LoKiT »

tuscaloosa-sub wrote: Is there a smartphone app that takes a photo (or a series of photos) after a specified delay...
There are various apps around that take photos triggered by time or events. However, emailing them and avoiding trouble with a capital "T" is another matter :rofl:

I give this type of scenario and app on android some thought back last year and came to the conclusion it was way out of my comfort zone reasons I will explain.
  • *These days there seems very little privacy on a smart device, Apps want rights to who, were and what you use, and often the content you generate, read the EULA. Its usually the cost of a free app.
    * Unless you comb through your settings your compromising photo may well be backed up to a server somewhere.
    * Email is not private, this will leave additional copies of your compromising photo in your account should someone or an attacker take control of it :facepalm:
    * Last but not least the unless the default settings are changed the photo has the time, location and other metadata about were it was taken.
But the idea of this scenario is brilliant, it just needs some kinda of secure wrapper around it to avoid the capital "T". I have spent the last 18 months working with cryptos on PicLoKiT2 to be able to secure data within the program on all platforms. Which is kinda funny because since starting it the trend for using crypto for has changed from personal privacy to meaning you have something to hide and must be a kiddie fiddler or terrorist or something :facepalm:

So I would be interested to know peoples take on this. No, I don't think such a program directly exists for this idea. Would I like it too, hell yeah :evil: I think these days if it involves images and the internet its painting yourself with a bullseye for a capital "T" in time to come. I really don't believe we really have autonomy over our data with out going to drastic lengths to inspire trust, food for thought any one?
tuscaloosa-sub

Post by tuscaloosa-sub »

Very interesting reply - Thanks.
bikinibondage

Post by bikinibondage »

i dont really know what the capital "T" is, sorry.

but im pretty sure i could create an android app that takes a picture (or a series of them) after some timed delay and upload it somewhere / email it to some set email adress. if anyone is interested, drop me a pm :)
rdy2btied

Post by rdy2btied »

Do a search on Google Play for an app call Tasker. You can pretty much do exactly what you suggest using this app.
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

By the way, technically/legally speaking, what you decide to do within your own home (at least as far as decency is concerned) is strictly your business in both Canada and at least some states of the US. The laws that govern public decency only apply to people who are in public spaces. Walking down the sidewalk and standing in your front yard is considered being in public; standing inside your home is not. (And if things get really nasty, the fact that they're looking through your windows and seeing you is considered illegal due to privacy laws. Its technically the same law that makes it illegal for creepy neighbors to look through your bedroom window and watch you and your partner go at it. Odds are, you wouldn't get much sympathy from the judge (plus it would be a monumentally embarrassing court case), but they'd probably drop any court proceedings to get you to drop yours.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

tuscaloosa-sub wrote:Is there a smartphone app that takes a photo (or a series of photos) after a specified delay, then automatically e-mails the photo(s), or automatically posts to a web site you specify? This could be used to set up some exposure risks that would be exciting, yet controlled and limited to keep you out of the bad kind of Trouble With A Capital T.
I've been looking for some like this for ages now but not had much look. This previous post might be useful to you.
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 854#p64854
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
MuffinMcMuffin

Post by MuffinMcMuffin »

Just so you guys know, fetlife has an "upload by email" feature where each user has an email address that they can send stuff to to auto upload. You could use SexScript's timed email sender to send pre-taken emails to fetlife. I think imgur may have something similar, but I'm not sure what their terms of service are like, and I'd remind people to keep their own safety in mind. It's extremely hard to get things off the web at the best of times. At the very least do a trial run on any image and make sure you can delete it after you post
Ms Muffin McMuffin
Nope

Post by Nope »

I could imagine to write something like this, as tasker probably won't work - at least a pretty plain type with a timer and mail only.
If there are some mail-upload services, like they were mentioned, that should probably be good enough, huh?