[idea] long session background sound generator

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Rehash

[idea] long session background sound generator

Post by Rehash »

Hi, long time lurker, new poster :) .

I'm into long sensory deprivation SB session, white noise is boring and I'm a developper so I want to improve that.

Recently I had an idea : create a background sound generator tool and I thought, with your help, it may be a good open source project.

The tool should be in 2 parts :
- A scenario generator
- A MP3 merger

The scenario generator handle the task of making a "good story".
It choose a total length (I don't want to know it precisely in advance) and fill it with parts chosen by algorithms.
Each part have a length and a type.

I listed my ideas of part types :
- Silence.
- White noise.
- Music.
- Generated voice (it's easy to make today).
- Sound from a library.

The MP3 merger take the generated scenario, generate missing sounds (white noise and voices), assemble all the part and mess with the final MP3 metadata to hide real lenght.

If you found the idea interresting I need help of 2 kinds :
- Sounds to make a good base library.
Examples : rain, lightning, storm, creaking door, lock, moan, etc... anything which works on you :) .

- Generator themes, I have already some ideas but I'm open to more.
Examples : bad weather (combining lightning, wind, rain, etc...), teasing mistress, dishonest mistress (lying about how many time remains), etc...

On the tech side, I will use Golang, easy to read, easy to learn, cross platform, easy to distrbute (programs are static linked, so juste a binary file without any dependencies to distribute).
The Slinky

Re: [idea] long session background sound generator

Post by The Slinky »

I may be able to help with sounds. I really like your idea
uncannymoebius

Post by uncannymoebius »

This sounds pretty cool! But, can you differentiate this from, say, a playlist on an mp3 player?
Anything_Once

Post by Anything_Once »

I think the idea is a program to generate a dare and a costume sound scape for the dare (for example, clips of someone mocking your CBT will only be included if the dare includes CBT).

I like the idea but I don't see why creating an mp3 is required.

Would it not be easier to have a program to play multiple sounds at different times, sometimes overlapping in order to create the sound scape. The advantage to this would be that you could have the program use the cd tray to release you at the end and have a clip of someone telling you you can be released. You could include the release mp3 earlier in the sound scape followed by a clip mocking you for thinking you were really going to be released this soon.

Also by having it as a program as mentioned above you can do some clever things such as have the mistress / master enter and leave the room. When they are present the clips can be played. If a microphone is present and they hear too much noise you might trigger a response, if they have left then no clips for them is played but if you are too loud they may come back to tell you off (possible add more time up to an absolute maximum?).

I'm liking this idea and may investigate it further, I currently have some code that handles playing multiple mp3s to create basic sound scapes.
The problem with trying anything once is that eventually it gets hard to find new things to try...
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

Sounds really interesting.

Greets from Barcelona