PyMaster

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

FreedomOfRestriction

PyMaster

Post by FreedomOfRestriction »

EDIT: I have ceased development of this program. It's still available here for now if anyone wants to resume development:

https://github.com/darkconsole/PyMaster
Last edited by FreedomOfRestriction on 12 Mar 2016, 21:57, edited 3 times in total.
qwerty212

Re: PyMaster

Post by qwerty212 »

Neat!!

Welcome to the forum and thaks for sharing your work with us :hi:
FreedomOfRestriction

FreedomOfRestriction

Quite a huge update, this one (not surprising seeing how it's been a few months):

https://sourceforge.net/p/pymaster/blog ... -released/

If anyone has any ideas for "wait games", or other kinds of games that would be interesting, don't hesitate to share.
Mreow02

Post by Mreow02 »

Is it possible to erase a previous game and start a new one ? How can I do that ?
FreedomOfRestriction

Yep. There are two ways:

1. Run PyMaster with the "--reset" command-line option.
2. Delete the config file manually. By default, it's stored in "~/.config/.pymaster", where "~" is your home directory.
Mreow02

Post by Mreow02 »

1. How do I do that?
2. I don't find the config file, I'm on mac maybe it's not the same
When I open the main file i see:

-COPYING

-data
----en_US
----------chores.json
----------facts.json
---------- "etc"

-pymaster.py

-pymasterlib
---- __init__.py
----__pycache__
-----------___init___.cpython-34.pyc
-----------ask.cpython-34.pyc
----------- "etc"

-README

-setup.py
FreedomOfRestriction

Mreow02 wrote:1. How do I do that?
I'm not familiar with Mac OS X, but I do know it's a Unix system, so it should be about the same as GNU/Linux: open a terminal and navigate to where PyMaster is with the cd command. You might also be able to open a terminal in the PyMaster directory from a right-click menu, if Mac OS X has that feature. Then type "./pymaster.py --reset".
2. I don't find the config file, I'm on mac maybe it's not the same
When I open the main file i see:

-COPYING

-data
----en_US
----------chores.json
----------facts.json
---------- "etc"

-pymaster.py

-pymasterlib
---- __init__.py
----__pycache__
-----------___init___.cpython-34.pyc
-----------ask.cpython-34.pyc
----------- "etc"

-README

-setup.py
It's in your home directory, not the PyMaster directory. Looking at this table, it looks like your home directory would be "/Users/username", replacing "username" with your actual username.

Note that both .config and .pymaster are hidden directories.
Mreow02

Post by Mreow02 »

Ok thank you, it worked :D
julia199829

Post by julia199829 »

I really like your pymaster.
Is it possible to give more tasks everyday, 3 or something?
And is there a list of tasks also?
oni

Post by oni »

I've found a bug in punishments.json on line 118 there's a ' in the middle of a string enclosed by '
version 0.6.1
FreedomOfRestriction

Sorry for being so late. I've lately had other matters I've had to attend to, so I've had no time for this D/s stuff. :(

Anyway, I'll make another release, I think. I'd like to at least un-hardcode the list of restricted activities.
julia199829 wrote:I really like your pymaster.
Is it possible to give more tasks everyday, 3 or something?
Yes, it would be possible (with some tweaking of the source code). However, the way it's currently built, if you can get 3 tasks, you will have to do 3 tasks to get the same benefit one task gives you currently. This is because of how the memory system works; PyMaster tries to reach a certain target of remembered tasks, currently 14, at which point a chore starts to be forgotten every day. (So, you have to be a perfect slave for 2 weeks to get in perfect standing and have maximum privileges.) If you could do 3 chores a day, that number would be tripled to 42, the benefit of a task would be decreased appropriately, and the amount of time the task takes to be forgotten when 42 tasks are in the master's memory would be 8 hours.

I'm not entirely sure that would be a good thing, though I do understand why you want that. ;)
And is there a list of tasks also?
If by "list of tasks" you mean a data file listing all the possible tasks you can be given, it's under data/en_US/chores.json. (Tasks are called "chores" in the source code.) Each task has a list of possible ways the master can describe it, optionally a "requires" string which is eval()'d by Python to find out if you can do the task, and optionally an "activities" string which indicates any restricted activities the task involves.
oni wrote:I've found a bug in punishments.json on line 118 there's a ' in the middle of a string enclosed by '
version 0.6.1
Ah, forgot to put a backslash before that. Thanks!
FreedomOfRestriction

Fed up with SourceForge and my difficulty logging in there, I've decided to move PyMaster over to GitHub:

https://freedomofrestriction.github.io/PyMaster/

And I've released version 0.7:

https://github.com/FreedomOfRestriction ... s/tag/v0.7

Mainly, this does what I said I wanted to do in my previous post, fixes that bug mentioned, and adds at least one new task (it could be that this adds more, I don't remember what exactly I was doing previously).

One thing I do remember I was working on previously, which is found here, is "gifts". On your birthday and on Christmas, you get a random "gift" from your master. At the moment, the only "gift" available is letting you masturbate and giving you a chance to have an orgasm unconditionally. I'd be interested in hearing ideas for other "gifts" PyMaster could give, or feedback on it.
FreedomOfRestriction

Version 0.8:

https://github.com/FreedomOfRestriction ... s/tag/v0.8

One major thing in this release is I've added a task and a punishment to encourage users to send ideas to my mailbox. I've got my fingers crossed hoping that will help accelerate PyMaster towards a 1.0 release, since a lack of ideas for punishments, especially, is what's holding it back. There are also several other improvements, though.
FreedomOfRestriction

Another new release of PyMaster, 0.9:

https://github.com/FreedomOfRestriction ... s/tag/v0.9

Of particular note, this release adds basically the feature julia199829 requested. :) Some wizardry was involved (I completely changed the memory formula, from a simple exponential equation to a pair of cubic equations), but it's now possible to do however many tasks you want in a single day. The only thing you can't do is ask for multiple tasks at once (you have to finish the one you were assigned before asking for another).

Additionally, night tasks have been added. Naturally, I recommend only doing night tasks on nights you can afford to lose some sleep. ;)