PyMaster

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

oni

Re: PyMaster

Post by oni »

I have two suggestions:
- Have the option to use a weather api to get the current temperature. It would be more immersive if the master/mistress knew the current temperature for some of the punishments. There seems to be a few different Python APIs to get the current weather.
- Ask the slave what equipment/things they have beforehand and remember the status longer. A possible punishment would then be to buy things that you don't have for instance to get a sissy outfit.

Another note, a few of the punishments seems to assume that you live in a house and have a garden. Peeing outside when living in an apartment in a city is not for everyone... A few of the more sever tasks/punishments become more interesting, but the simple once become very complicated. A question about easy access to outside activities would be great.
FreedomOfRestriction

Post by FreedomOfRestriction »

Thanks for the suggestions. :)
oni wrote:- Have the option to use a weather api to get the current temperature. It would be more immersive if the master/mistress knew the current temperature for some of the punishments. There seems to be a few different Python APIs to get the current weather.
I suppose I could, though it seems a bit overkill; only a couple tasks actually check the "temperature" fact, and I'd have to ask the user for his/her exact location, then fall back to directly asking anyway if it fails. I'll look into it, but no promises.

If you want to add this just for yourself, you can create a file called "facts.json" and put it in a folder you use for your personal PyMaster extensions. In that file, put this text:

Code: Select all

{
    "temperature": {
        "firstcheck": "lib.message.get_int('What is the current outdoor temperature in Celsius?')",
        "forget": "8 * ONE_HOUR"
    }
}
And replace the content of "firstcheck" with something else based on whatever weather API you want to use. (The __import__ function can help here, e.g. if the library were called "weather" and the function to get the temperature were "get_temp", you might do "__import__('weather').get_temp()".)

Then, start PyMaster with the -e command line option set to your extension directory (the directory "facts.json" is in).
oni wrote:- Ask the slave what equipment/things they have beforehand and remember the status longer. A possible punishment would then be to buy things that you don't have for instance to get a sissy outfit.
Currently, these kinds of things are remembered for a month.

I've considered a "buy this thing" task, and it's certainly possible. What's holding me back is the possibility that someone might have limits on how much they can spend on such things. Obviously, I doubt someone living paycheck to paycheck has any business using PyMaster, but everyone has a limit, and it would really suck if PyMaster wanted you to spend, say, $500 in a month when you can only afford to spare $200; I'd want this to be taken out of normal luxury spending, not savings. I'm not entirely sure how I should deal with that, to be honest. (It also doesn't help that different people use different currencies, and things can be priced differently in different regions.)

The best idea I've come up with is asking directly, "Can you afford item X?" which would basically work, except it would become obvious what the task is going to be at that point, and you might decide something like, "you know, I can't afford that if I'm also going to be getting the new Xbox Too™, so I guess the answer is no."

If you have any suggestions on how to control for this, please share. :)

I've thought of one thing that could be done with clothes specifically, though. It could go something like this:

"Go shopping for women's clothes. {Try on at least X outfits.|Browse for at least X minutes.} If you can afford it, buy {your favorite|the girliest} outfit out of the ones you {tried on|looked at}. [Otherwise, ask a worker at the store if he or she thinks the outfit would look good on you.]"

What do you think of that idea?
oni wrote:Another note, a few of the punishments seems to assume that you live in a house and have a garden. Peeing outside when living in an apartment in a city is not for everyone... A few of the more sever tasks/punishments become more interesting, but the simple once become very complicated. A question about easy access to outside activities would be great.
Thanks for pointing this out. Actually, I was thinking of something like a nature trail, not a garden. But come to think of it, that might be unavailable depending on where you live, too. I've added in a fact check for this now. (The check is for whether or not you have access to a private spot outside, which should be sufficient.)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

FreedomOfRestriction wrote:...
and I'd have to ask the user for his/her exact location...
Assuming that the computer used t orun your program has an internet connection you might use its IP-adress to retrieve its rough GPS coordinates.
You won`t (probably) be able to pinpoint the exact position, but at least you should be able to get (mor or less) close to it. Most likely close enough to get to acceptably precise weather information.

Just a rough idea, I`ll leave it to better programmers than me to figure out how exactly this can be done.

Regards,
Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
FreedomOfRestriction

Version 0.12 is quite a substantial upgrade:

https://github.com/FreedomOfRestriction ... /tag/v0.12

There are various improvements in this one, but of particular note is the addition of support for "routines" -- the master/mistress telling you what to do, as opposed to what not to do. Lots of possibilities open up from this.
Mreow02

Post by Mreow02 »

I'm on a mac, when I press CTRL+C to say Finished ma'am it doesn't work
I've tried CMD+C, I've try to write the sentence, but it doesn't work so what should I do?
FreedomOfRestriction

PyMaster uses a standard "keyboard interrupt" (SIGINT) signal for this purpose. On most terminals, that is initiated by pressing Ctrl+C, hence why this is what you're told to do, but that isn't necessarily true; it's possible for a terminal to send the signal for some other reason.

Wikipedia suggests that some other possibilities to try are the Delete key or the Break key, though my searches suggest that Ctrl+C is normally correct on Mac OS X.

On a side note, there's a new release of PyMaster out:

https://github.com/FreedomOfRestriction ... /tag/v0.13
boundunbound

Post by boundunbound »

Hello. Sort of new to this forum, so forgive any ignorance :)

I think this whole thing is a fantastic idea! However I am having trouble getting it to work. I'm using Windows 7, Python32 and the good old fasion command prompt to try and run the script but every time it keeps reading "No such file or directory: C:\\Users\\(MyUserName\\.config\\.pymaster\\settings.json"

I'm obviously missing something or installing it incorrectly and I can't seem to figure out what it is that I'm doing wrong. Someone help me out? Thanks
zylion

Post by zylion »

I remember I had almost the same issue as you, I managed fixing it by launching pymaster.py directly through a batch command, which I saved in a .bat file. I'm not currently on my computer, so I can't tell you what I wrote to make it work, but it was quite simple, I think you just have to link the access to you're python root program. Currently, I can't help you more, I won't have access to my computer before a long time, but just try to do it through a batch file if you know how this is working. :wink:
qatguy

Post by qatguy »

please help me with pymaster.py and python32 on my android tablet. is it possible???

the theory is really fun sounding.
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

Are you still active on this project? I have had a really hard time reading the output generated by this application so I have been spending a little bit of time learning Python and trying to make it more readable. I forked this on Github, would you be willing to accept a patch like this? If so I can commit, push, and toss a pull request your way.

https://github.com/darkconsole/PyMaster ... 0ef9e155f9

tl;dr i added a bunch of print() and os.linesep
Last edited by bobbi on 16 Jan 2016, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

i also figured out how to make it stop exploding when you do CTRL+C.

https://github.com/darkconsole/PyMaster ... c31446d9b1
FreedomOfRestriction

Just to clear up any possible confusion: I have deleted my GitHub account. I have lost interest in PyMaster, and have not done any development on it that isn't seen in bobbi's fork. (There was an additional commit, but that was just incrementing the version number; I guess I forgot to actually make that release, or just never bothered.)

Of course, anyone is free to resume development. Until then, you can get PyMaster from bobbi's fork on GitHub:

https://github.com/darkconsole/PyMaster
domesticfred

Post by domesticfred »

Hi Bobbi and others. Just found this project. I am interested in helping to maintain or improve the product. Yes, I can program.

:)