Advice on PC controlled sex toys please!

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Brand X mk2

Advice on PC controlled sex toys please!

Post by Brand X mk2 »

Can anyone tell me how to make a computer controlled sex toy? I've tried looking into "teledildonics" but I can't find any simple "how to" guides. One suggestion I found points me to the "Motorbee" USB plug-in device. It comes with software to make it easier for novices to work with so that's a big plus, but I have almost no idea how to connect a vibrator to it. The last time I cut the wires on an egg-vibrator, I couldn't get it working again. Well anyhow, I have a Rends R1 base unit and presumably the vibrator should be fairly well compatible.. I'm just not so keen on cutting the wires, that thing cost me almost £50. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'm sure it can be done, but my electronic skills are limited to changing batteries and wiring plugs, so I'm not even going to attempt anything complicated involving soldering irons and technical terminology.
Link to Motorbee: https://www.pc-control.co.uk/ocart/inde ... =motor+bee
Sir Cumference

Re: Advice on PC controlled sex toys please!

Post by Sir Cumference »

What you say is like: "I want a table, but I have no tools and no woodworking skills".

Either you learn it, or you buy a finished table at the carpenter shop.

The board you have, looks promising!
It is cheap! Buy one and play with it!
( and use a couple of small toy DC motors for playing. You are going to learn something new! That is cool!)

But there is not much of a market, so you'll have to do something yourself.

The really important thing, is not to feed a higher voltage to your motor than it is supposed to handle!
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

In some cases, "cutting wires" is not required...
For a simple vibrator, all you need access to is the power connection...
Simple vibrator.
Simple vibrator.
If the device is just a motor, battery, on/off switch and speed control,
All you need to do is to remove the battery, and insert the control device between the battery and the device...
New control.jpg
Set the device's control to max, or what you want it's max to be.
connect the battery to the common connection (other names could be used)
and the vibe device to the output connection.
This could be digital (on/off) or speed control (analog, PWM,...)

Here is a simple example, converted this from 3V to 9V... But, overheating is a problem...
Simple vibrator.
Simple vibrator.
Attachments
Vibe control.JPG
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Brand X mk2

Post by Brand X mk2 »

DarkLizard to the rescue again. Thanks dude! :-)
I'm feeling quite optimistic at the moment because I found this device:
http://www.orgasmatronics.com/collectio ... ts/hackoff

By the looks of it, it's more or less idiot-proof and at $20 it's cheap enough. There seems to be an error in the shipping calculations though, so I'm waiting to hear back from the website to find out what the correct shipping price is - I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be $45.

edit* Whoops, not quite idiot-proof. It's $20 for just this little add-on:
But I can buy a secondhand Arduino Uno for under £10 so no biggie.
Brand X mk2

Post by Brand X mk2 »

Okay, I've done a bit of internetting, and (internetting... did I just invent a new word?) and by the looks of it, the unit sold by Orgasmatronics is very similar to the Tinkerkit Mosfet Module. Don't quote me on that though - I am the direct opposite of an expert. If I was in the US I'd buy the one from Orgasmatronics because it's got more convenient sockets to plug the wires into.

http://www.tinkerkit.com/arduino-motor-shield/

As it is, I spent half the morning trying to figure out hat the HackOff is, which led me to "mosfet" and then to "Arduino motor shields". I should probably have bought the Tinkerkit Mosfet, but I have now ordered:
UNO R3 2012 Development Board MEGA328P ATMEGA16U2 With USB Cable For Arduino - £7.50 inc P&P
Motor Drive Shield L293D for Arduino Robotics Mega Uno - £7 inc P&P
So, a total of £14.50

YouTube is full of tutorials on how to use Arduino boards with motors, so hopefully I can just copy one of those and cross my fingers. The only part that looks tricky is entering the coding; if I understand correctly I have to enter some code before the Arduino UNO will work, and then more code to make the Motor Shield work. But TBH.. this is getting almost fun and interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVDkNcVJBv4
Brand X mk2

Post by Brand X mk2 »

Sir Cumference wrote:What you say is like: "I want a table, but I have no tools and no woodworking skills".

Either you learn it, or you buy a finished table at the carpenter shop.

The board you have, looks promising!
It is cheap! Buy one and play with it!
( and use a couple of small toy DC motors for playing. You are going to learn something new! That is cool!)

But there is not much of a market, so you'll have to do something yourself.

The really important thing, is not to feed a higher voltage to your motor than it is supposed to handle!
I was super-tempted by the MotorBee, but I'm going to work with the Arduino because there are so many tutorials for it. If I get any success with the Arduino, the MotorBee will be my next purchase. :hi: :)
sweaterdress

Post by sweaterdress »

Hello. Newbie to the board here - but not new to playing with motors, electronics and programming. I'm putting my question in thos topic as it seemed the most appropriate.

I've played with the MotorBee for some time and am quite happy using Visual Studio to develop small apps for that on a PC that control the DC motor speed .... and hard-wiring vibrators to the MotorBee with it's own PSU to supply the motors. I'm now looking for something more flexible to play with so I can still have the main application on the PC - and control the remote devices (driven by the Arduino/Pi) without having wires between the two.

So my questions is .... Should I go for something like an Arduino or a Raspberry Pi. I appreciate I'll have to get daughter boards for WiFi comms to the PC and a DC motor board controlling the vibrator speed. Is there a particular model of Arduino or Pi I should have a closer look at to start me down this route?

Any pointers greatfully received .....

Naomi.