Virtual corner time

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

richard jones

Re: Virtual corner time

Post by richard jones »

dear Anna, I sneezed and got 2 minutes 50 seconds extra.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I am so happy this site is still online and working! I tried it out for the first time today (had to buy a webcam first) and I love it!

Tried it out for a few short test runs while dressed normally and found I had to move the sensitivity quite far down (10%) to really get it strict enough. Then I dressed up in my full length maids uniform and tried again. Ofcourse I foolishly set it for 15 minutes straight away without adjusting the sensitivity. That was a mistake! The wide dress and all the extra edges of the apron and trim give the program much more to track, so even the slightest movement was enough to earn me extra time! I could barely even breathe without setting off a scolding or penalty. And with my hands in front of the white bow of the apron behind my back they stuck out enough that I couldn't even stretch my fingers :rofl: . A 15 minute punishment turned into 38, before I just gave up. Upping the sensitivity to 16% works great. I can just about shift my weight around very slightly to keep comfortable enough, but not really move or look around.

I have been looking for a way to punish myself that was quick, easy and repeatable but didn't require a lot of setup and was survivable enough that I wouldn't convince myself to just not do it. This fits the bill perfectly. If there are any other sissy maids here, I made this custom punishment program: "A disobedient maid needs punishment".
The randomized picking of a line for start/scolding/penalties/etc is a nice touch. I've used it to spice things up a bit. I will be told at random to assume a certain position. Could be easy (just face the wall, hands folded in front, head bowed), slightly harder (hands behind my head) or it could be quite hard indeed (Facing the wall, feet spread wide, arms spread out in a T pose). The start message might not tell me how long I actually have to be there, so the 50% deviation option makes things interesting. The same goes for the penalty messages. It could very well be I get a penalty but get NO indication how badly I just screwed myself.
In the end messages I also added some extras, with a slight chance to have to put in a ball gag for 1 hour, face my mistress (In which case I come up with an extra penalty for myself on the spot), get 5 strokes of the cane that evening before bedtime (might not actually do that if I don't have a IRL mistress/master to keep me to it :whip: ) or "report to the kitchen" which would be giving myself some boring repetitive work to do.

Is there a way to make this work offline? I'd love to have a backup in case anything happens to the website.

So once again, if the OP is still around, thanks for the awesome website! :hi:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
missgina

Post by missgina »

Does anyone know what happened to the corner time site. It seems to be down. :(
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

No idea what happened. I hope its a temporary glitch and gets fixed. :cry:
artb

Post by artb »

It appears that virtual Corner time is now at https://cornertimetest.herokuapp.com note the word "test" in the url

Glad it's back
missgina

Post by missgina »

Thank you so much for finding it again for us. :)

Miss Gina
bikerbuilder

Post by bikerbuilder »

Goes through the motions - no pun intended - but doesn't work for me - I think something wrong with my camera setup - though the site accepted it.
doesn't matter how much i move the green line stays on the bottom.
Niels73

Post by Niels73 »

Interesting app :-)

Tested it last night. Stipped naked. Tried to spank myself as hard as i could .
Then started this cornertime. Put the settings a bit strict i guess.. spend almost an hour and thirty minutes in the corner.. Got extra time 4 times..

Then spanked myself some more for the 4 times i got extra time. ( my but was on fire ) then went to bed .

This morning i still felt my but was spanked. looked in the mirror and saw a still bit redish bottom with some light blue marks .

This conertime app works great though ;)
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Is anybody else having problems with this in Windows 10? I recently upgraded my PC, but unfortunately the website only seems to work in MS Edge for some reason. On top of that my webcam just stops working after 15 to 20 minutes. The site still finished the countdown and gives me the end message, but won't do motion detection any more because the video stream is frozen :?
martlb

Post by martlb »

So pitty!
Does anyone know what happened to the corner time site?
It seems to be down for a while now.... :(
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

No idea, just discovered the problem yesterday as I hadn't had time to play. And just when I figured out what the problem with my webcam was (Windows 10 apparently turns the power to the internal USB hub OFF if it doesn't see "active" use :evil: ) Let's hope it comes back like it did last time it was down for a while.
ponyg

Post by ponyg »

Here's another one inspired by the original:

https://github.com/cornertime/cornertime

https://cornertime.github.io/
martlb

Post by martlb »

Thank you!
It seems almost perfect... but...

In Chrome, windows 10, the webcam is set on and off immediately so it doesn't see any movements.
In Edge, windows 10, it doesn't show the webcam image either but the webcam stays on and it actually does detect movements, so that's great!

It looks really promising, even better than the original if it works with showing the image continue.
Any chance development on this will continue? It seems the last thing aided was a year ago.
martlb

Post by martlb »

Normally, chrome is my standard browser but the corner time app sadly doesn't work in this one.
Trying edge, the voice is terrible and even after changing my system language to English still bad.
Tried lots of things to improve the text to speech but without luck. So started to search for another browser.

Just following a list of alternative browsers for windows, 64-bit, at thewindowsclub.com
I tried to run https://cornertime.github.io/ in the following browsers with these results.

Microsoft Edge works perfect, terrible voice but is better when system language is set to English
Internet Explorer works perfect, terrible voice but is better when system language is set to English
Google Chrome camera stops, no movement detection
Firefox camera stops, no movement detection
Vivaldi camera stops, no movement detection
Iridium camera stops, no movement detection
Maxthon works perfect, nice voice
Cyberfox works perfect, good voice
Waterfox works perfect, good voice
Palemoon camera doesn't work, no voice
Avant nothing works

So I recommend using Maxthon, Cyberfox or Waterfox when using cornertime at github.
Anyone anymore suggestions?
sweh

Post by sweh »

At one point I started to do my own "corner time" app. The ultimate idea would be that punishments would be added to your Emlalock time via the API, so if you moved too much you might get 10 hours chastity time added.

I got the camera and movement detection working; wasn't tooo hard... https://bdsm.spuddy.org/test/HTML5-Camera/

I still have to do a trend line (at the moment it just detects instant deltas between successive frames) but that's a generally well solved problem (I think a rolling average would work pretty well).

But I wasn't quite sure how to do the speech. It seems modern browsers have a speech API, and with Windows 10 it's not that bad ( https://bdsm.spuddy.org/test/web-speech ... index.html ) but on Linux it's awful (and Chromium has it disabled by default). There's a number of web services that do it (send it a text string and it'll return a wav file), but they all seem to want registration and charge for non-trivial use, and some of them have a large delay.

And since speech is kinda important, I lost interest and never finished it.