SBBJ v2

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

kate

Re: SBBJ v2 (Release)

Post by kate »

Hi Tekoma,

The version is 10.9.4, and my user shows admin in the user group panel so I'm guessing I have admin privileges. I'm the only account on the mac
tekoma

Post by tekoma »

@kate

ok I have 10.9.4 (mavericks) also running on three MAC machines... Kevlars SBBJ v2.29 runs fine on all three. Macbook Pro 2008, iMac 2013, iMac 2008.
while betatesting i had some Problems with the config, that stored some wrong values (mostly webcam infos).
It helped to delete them before starting the program.
in finder click "go to" in the menu ..then "go to folder" the type

Code: Select all

~/.config/KevlarsKinkyCreations/
and delete the found "sbbj.ini"
Now restart Computer and start SBBJ from the Application folder again.

hth
tekoma
kate

Post by kate »

no further forward I'm sorry to admit. I don't have that folder, even trying alternate finders that I have. My home folder was checked manually and doesn't have a .config. Is this something maybe created in the beta testing that isn't done in the regular install?
tekoma

Post by tekoma »

umm... then something else ist wrong ...
you can try:
-make a new user in "system settings" (you can delete that one later)
-switch to that user (shift cmd Q)
-download the dmg file once again and copy the included sbbj app to the application folder.
-start start SBBJ
kate

Post by kate »

nope, that didn't work either. Have you tried on a mac that you didn't try the beta on?
tekoma

Post by tekoma »

ok ... today a brandnew macbook air came in ...
and tested it like explained before ... dowloaded the latest version, installed it in the application folder. it ran withou any problems

the only change i did after a clean install was >> system settings >> security & privacy >> Image
kate

Post by kate »

thats exactly what I tried, but it proves the software is fine, it's something with me which answers my original question. Thanks for your efforts
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

FreedomOfRestriction wrote:
kevlar wrote:I am not releasing the source code, so an ebuild for gentoo will not work, and due to the GPL licensing on Qt and OpenCV, I cannot release a binary only version.
I feel like you must have misspoke here. Qt used to be under the GPL, but it's under the LGPL now, and OpenCV seems to be under a permissive license. But if these libraries were under the GPL, you would already be violating the license right now, because you're already distributing only binaries.

I really think your apparent reasoning for not releasing source code (some kind to vigilante thing about stopping minors from getting it) is horribly misguided, though. If it's dangerous and something minors really should stay away from, just put a warning on it urging minors to stay away. You don't need to take responsibility for some shithead who takes the warning off, and you don't need to actively restrict people from redistributing it where minors can easily get it.
Withholding source code has nothing to do with preventing minors from using this. How exactly would that work - they would have to be old enough to compile from source? The simple password protection on the package is sufficient in my view to prevent accidental installation by young ones.

OpenCV is using a BSD license, and Qt is LGPL. I am not violating either license, nor the GPL should that be in play, as I am not 'distributing only binaries'. The packages I have created all contain the original Qt and OpenCV shared libraries, and copies of their licensing. I have not modified any of these, so I do not have to provide any source code, they are freely available. The requirements of their licensing has been met.

The only binary thing I have provided is SBBJ, which is solely and wholly my own work. It links to the shared libraries mentioned. I do not have to provide the source code for this unless I choose to, and I have decided not to, as some of the code can be used in commercial applications, which I may decide to sell. At last count this project is now over 120 C++ classes, in four distinct modules. A shined up commercial version of this could easily sell for over a hundred per, but the clientelle would be limited. The camera and detection modules could be put towards a surveillance package or a variety of other things, including other deviant things...

When I referred to a 'binary only version' for gentoo, I meant a single file executable with all libraries statically compiled into it. To statisfy LGPL and BSD, I would also have to bundle or link source code, provide object files (for my code), and the means to link them together - which is way too annoying.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

kate wrote:thats exactly what I tried, but it proves the software is fine, it's something with me which answers my original question. Thanks for your efforts
Pardon me? Does this mean it is still not working? If not, is it crashing or something else? Run /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app, and type:

Code: Select all

cd /Applications
open sbbj.app
ps -ef | grep sbbj.app | grep -v grep
Did that produce anything?
kate

Post by kate »

those statements didn't appear to produce anything different to running the application from the applications folder.

What i was meaning is that if others can run this app fine i'll just buy a webcam for my desktop. I believe this to be a fairly standard mac but something i've done has broken it and I can work around it.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

If those commands produce no output in the terminal, then the program is crashing, or being terminated by the operating system - I am not sure if a new webcam will help, unless you mean for another system.
gubgu

Post by gubgu »

Is it possible for the installation program to let the user choose the destination?
I'd like to keep C: for the OS only (it's an SSD drive) and put everything else on D:.
BoundInKasugai

Post by BoundInKasugai »

Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated. However I wasn't able to install it on Ubuntu 14.04, is there a chance you can recompile for this version of Ubuntu?
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

gubgu wrote:Is it possible for the installation program to let the user choose the destination?
I'd like to keep C: for the OS only (it's an SSD drive) and put everything else on D:.
If you are willing to test it out, sure. Try this one: sbbj-2.29-2.exe
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

BoundInKasugai wrote:Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated. However I wasn't able to install it on Ubuntu 14.04, is there a chance you can recompile for this version of Ubuntu?
Why were you unable to install it? Did it show errors on installation, not run properly, or crash when running it?