SBBJ v2

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Blacky

Re: SBBJ v2

Post by Blacky »

Sorry for this off-topic post, but I need to get this said:
stapack wrote:I don't see the point of this software if failed attempts are counted the same as successful ones, plus a punishment. If I set a maximum number to 500, I'll get there even if I nudge the thing with my nose.
Right.

And I'm glad it is programmed that way, as it will release over-eager users in any case.

Yet if that feature doesn't suit you fine you may consider

a) not to use the software that others have developed using their time and knowledge and kindly allowing us to benefit from their efforts
b) humbly ask whether any of the programmers might want to supply you with the sourcecode and try to develop a version that suits you better. I know of at least one of the frequent programmers here that a request like that is not only resulting in information given, but even more received with great appreciation.

What I don't understand is why you rant about the status quo. A simple "Thank you, but I do have an idea..." would make so much more sense.

Regards,

Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

i heard someone say once."some people just got no cooth"
if you dont like the program,dont use it and quit trying to ruin it for those that do.
subslut26

Post by subslut26 »

Hello,

I finally got the program to open and I'm so excited! I set up everything (camera, settings, etc) but it seems that every time I click 'set colors' the program crashes... what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
subslut26
stapack

Post by stapack »

Take a deep breath and read my post again. I was neither being grumpy nor ranting, only observing a weakness that completely undermines the point of the software. But since you took it that way now I have to work against the insinuation. What to do, add more emojis? :D 8) :lol: :P :| :hi: :hi:

First of all, someone already requested the source code in this thread and the author did not acquiesce. So my only option is to point out the problem. :(

Secondly, the software already has a maximum time limit setting. What then, from the perspective of "preventing overzealous users," is the point of counting failed attempts? :shock:

Thirdly, in the whirlwind of all the likely scenarios this software will be used, are you really going to set the threshold for safe behavior at this particular functionality? :facepalm:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

:facepalm:

Everything that is done here (in the software section, specifically) is done on a volunteer basis. No one is making money off of their work. They are donating their free time to help advance the cause of perversion (perverts make the best engineers, and the best users, except for some chronically grumpy ones that expect top end quality from a one-man basement operation).

To go on and rant and grump Image publicly about flaws in the program (or in some cases, call the users idiots for not being able to use it properly) is very poor etiquette and a major show of disrespect toward the person who put in all the time and effort to produce something that likely doesn't exist anywhere else.

I challenge you, O Grumpy One, to find an identical commercial product at a reasonable price that has the resources to pay someone to tolerate your irate tantrums (tantra?) like the developers here do (with extraordinary patience, I might add :love: ). Pervert might make eXXXcellent engineers but they are human beings with their own limits (patience, for one) and feelings.

You may also thank (with appropriate grovelling) the staff here for being more than very patient with you and not giving you The Whip or The Plunger (you don't want the latter :shock: ) for your disruptive behavior.

Jenny. :whip:
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
GregBCE

Post by GregBCE »

I Can't get the sound to work. I've tried everything I can think of - installed the new audio file set, updated Windows Media Player, even tried to make a custom audio installation file set. Also tried it on a second computer - same problem. Running Windows 7 on both machines. Still nothing. In settings, it doesn't display an audio device, and won't allow choosing one. From reading through the forum posts think this is normal. I also tried uninstalling and installing the previous version - same thing.

Any help would be appreciated.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

GregBCE, Troll103, bikkel89, ....

Audio issues for v2.31 for windows. I looked at this today, and noticed that a few more files were needed in the installer, sorry about that.
Download and install this: BlowjobTrainer-2.31-ming32-2.exe

subslut26,
Clicking 'set colors' crashing? I do not see this happening anywhere. What is your platform, and what sbbj version are you using?
-- examples of Platform: Windows 7 x64, Mac OSX v10.10 Yosemite, Ubuntu 14.04 x64 LTS
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

stapack,

Failed attempts are not the same as successful ones, as long as you configure a punishment. The idea here is to allow session planning to accommodate:
  • minimum number of attempts required. You need to start somewhere.
  • maximum number of attempts possible. Some may configure these to be really hard, so a hard limit (Max. Sucks Required) is a good thing.
  • flexible punishments. I had planned for some more types of punishment, but....
  • variable release time.
  • maximum time tied. (emergency release). Maximum time in bondage, including session time.
The counter going up shows how many attempts made, good or bad. The default configuration causes 2 'Added Sucks' to be required after a fail, which is the the one just attempted, plus another. So failures matter, you are just not setting the maximum required sucks to a high enough number to 'satisfy' you.

It sounds like you just want to know the exact number of pass / fail attempts, which as others have pointed out, is a feature request.
stapack

Post by stapack »

kevlar wrote:stapack,

Failed attempts are not the same as successful ones, as long as you configure a punishment. The idea here is to allow session planning to accommodate:
  • minimum number of attempts required. You need to start somewhere.
  • maximum number of attempts possible. Some may configure these to be really hard, so a hard limit (Max. Sucks Required) is a good thing.
  • flexible punishments. I had planned for some more types of punishment, but....
  • variable release time.
  • maximum time tied. (emergency release). Maximum time in bondage, including session time.
The counter going up shows how many attempts made, good or bad. The default configuration causes 2 'Added Sucks' to be required after a fail, which is the the one just attempted, plus another. So failures matter, you are just not setting the maximum required sucks to a high enough number to 'satisfy' you.

It sounds like you just want to know the exact number of pass / fail attempts, which as others have pointed out, is a feature request.
Thanks for the reply kevlar. Let me see if I can clarify. I tried setting the punishment to 2 sucks, but the program maxes out at 999, which after maybe 20 minutes of pushing the dildo around sets off the "attempt" detector enough times to reach that number anyway. So my point is, a person can set everything up, and not actually engage the program's purpose at all and still reach the "goal." Or am I missing something?
sbdx

Post by sbdx »

stapack wrote: Thanks for the reply kevlar. Let me see if I can clarify. I tried setting the punishment to 2 sucks, but the program maxes out at 999, which after maybe 20 minutes of pushing the dildo around sets off the "attempt" detector enough times to reach that number anyway. So my point is, a person can set everything up, and not actually engage the program's purpose at all and still reach the "goal." Or am I missing something?
You are missing something. The point is to get the count to zero, which releases you. If you have a successful one, it subtracts from the count. If you miss one, it adds 2 to the count (in your example).

For example, if you start out at 200, the point is to have 200 successful ones, bringing the count to zero which releases you. Not doing successful ones increases the count which means you have more successful ones to do, and you are tied up longer. If you push it around with your nose to keep it at the max, that will keep you tied up until the max timer elapses, which isn't nearly as much fun.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

stapack,

The 'Maximum' of 'Sucks Required' is actually 5000, not 999.

I can see your point, you want the count to show number of successful attempts, and that makes sense. The way the program runs now shows total attempts, and through punishments and rewards modifies the required sucks and release time. So you do not actually ever see a count of pass or fails...(feature request) But the logic in there as it stands does work, as others have attempted to explain.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

As I mentioned somewhere on page 9, I am releasing this project to the wild. I have posted the source code on mediafire, and started a git repository on GitLab, details in post#3 of this thread.
Troll103

Post by Troll103 »

kevlar wrote:GregBCE, Troll103, bikkel89, ....

Audio issues for v2.31 for windows. I looked at this today, and noticed that a few more files were needed in the installer, sorry about that.
Download and install this: BlowjobTrainer-2.31-ming32-2.exe

yes now it works, thanks a lot !!!! am looking forward to the next versions
subslut26

Post by subslut26 »

Hello kevlar,

Thank you for replying.

I was running an earlier version on my Mac but I've since upgraded to 10.10.4 Yosemite and the problem still seems to be happening.

I can set up the camera just fine with all of the other details, and when I click 'set colors' it now gives me box 0, box 1 and box 2. I can drag them around but not click anything, and within 15 seconds of clicking or dragging the boxes the program 'closes unexpectedly'. When I load it back up again the boxes are still there, and when I drag them it closes again.

I tried to just click run after lining the boxes up but it says I need to set colors first - and by the time I've gotten that message it crashes again.

I'd love to get this working, any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

subslut26,

I am at a loss to explain your issue. The latest version for Mac is v2.29, and I have run it on 10.9, and recently now on 10.10.4 Yosemite as well. I cannot reproduce this behavior. Is there a crash log created? Follow these instructions to see if a crash log for sbbj exists, and if so, post it somewhere and let me know.