SBBJ v2

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

tekoma

Re: SBBJ v2 (stub)

Post by tekoma »

Hi kevlar,

yes, I have succesfully connected to my Arduino UNO.

Settings were:

Device:COM3
9600 Baud
8 Data Bits
Parity None
1 Stop Bits
No Flow control.

Sended String was:

(see my Arduino UNO code example above)

tekoma
kevlar

Re: SBBJ v2 (stub)

Post by kevlar »

If it is successful, then it can be used in sbbj. The question is then how exactly should it be used?
  • The simplest usage is a single 'serialDevice' object, which sends a user-defined string in response to an sbbjEvent. Then just allow a definition of any user defined string for any event. These would be 'single responses'.
  • Multiple response to events, such as sending more of a start/stop string with some time interval in between?
  • Variable responses?. ie. Fail event sends some string to an arduino device. Each subsequent 'fail' sends the same event, with some argument changed (increase intensity or something). ie. Another example, configure so it takes 5 fail events before a string is sent to arduino.
  • Paired responses? ie. Fail of a deep throat sends some string to start arduino device, which runs continuously until a successful deep throat. (Add variable response to this to increase intensity for more fails). After successful DT (the end of the pair), another string is sent to stop the arduino.
kevlar

Re: SBBJ v2

Post by kevlar »

Bump. See first post here.
jennifer.bh

Re: SBBJ v2 (Release)

Post by jennifer.bh »

I tried on my Windows 8 and I got no sound.
I cant capture images either.

Anything I can do?

Thanks
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

@jennifer.bh

Since you have similar issues with SBBJ v1 for image capture, have you tried running the program as Administrator?
In the Settings -> Audio tab, does the drop down box for audio device show any devices?
jennifer.bh

Post by jennifer.bh »

Hi @Kevlar.

I tried running as Adm but it did not work.

In the settings > Audio, I can see my device: Speakers / HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC). I am using Notebook.
I select it but there is no sound. When I close and open again, the Combo always comes empty.

I am using v1.02-1, where the sounds works.
I am still missing image capturing.

Any more test I can do?

Thanks.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

@jennifer.bh

There is nothing to be done for v1, that was a lifetime ago, and I no longer support it. The best I can say for that one is to revert back to Windows 7, or better yet, try linux! Aside from that - are you sure you have the image capture options turned on? Have you checked for an ./sbbj folder inside your HOME directory containing the captured images?

Now for v2, I just tested this on Windows 8, and I can confirm the audio issue is as you say. I have not found the nature of the problem, but it does exist. The image capture works just fine though. Note that for v2, there are check boxes to turn on either 'Timed Capture' or 'Capture Event', and for the event based ones you have to select some events. Try testing with either Timed Capture, or Capture Events w/ On Pass and On Fail selected. I'll look into the audio problem.
jennifer.bh

Post by jennifer.bh »

@Kevlar.

Ok then.
I will try to find out the images problems.

Thanks again for your answer.

Jennifer
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

The audio issue is just a packaging problem, I used the audio files from an older package by mistake, they have been renamed since then. To fix, download this: audio.7z 3.4 MB. Extract the audio files into the installation directory where the old ones are, likely in C:\Program Files (x86)\KevlarsCreations\sbbj\audio

If you still have issues with the image capture, post a screenshot of the settings you used for this option.
Last edited by kevlar on 28 Oct 2014, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.
Thor

Post by Thor »

kevlar wrote:The audio issue is just a packaging problem, I used the audio files from an older package by mistake, they have been renamed since then. To fix, download this: audio.7z 3.4 MB. Extract the audio files into the installation directory where the old ones are, likely in C:\Program Files (x86)\KevlarsCreations\sbbj\audio

If you still have issues with the image capture, post a screenshot of the settings you used for this option.
Thanks the sound files work great on win8.

You did an amazing job again.

I have a few Questions on some Features:
-Deepthroat hold time. I have the feeling that the suck time can be lower than the min. hold time for a deepthroat, this leads to an suckerror. Is it possible to adjust the suck time when a deepthroat is required? On the other side if you hold a deepthroat too long and the suck timer runs out it's an error which is kind of awkward. Maybe the suck timer should stop while you hold the deepthroat.
-regarding the detection zones. Zone 0 is the head, zone 1 for normal sucks, zone 2 for deepthroats. I don't really see the advantages of more detection zones? Are there any advantages?
-Is it possible to visualize when the min time for a deepthroat is reached at the moment there is only the sound.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

-Deepthroat hold time. I have the feeling that the suck time can be lower than the min. hold time for a deepthroat, this leads to an suckerror. Is it possible to adjust the suck time when a deepthroat is required? On the other side if you hold a deepthroat too long and the suck timer runs out it's an error which is kind of awkward. Maybe the suck timer should stop while you hold the deepthroat.
Good point. I'm not certain if I accounted for this, but I will in a future release. I like your suggestion of turning off the timer entirely during DT hold time.
-regarding the detection zones. Zone 0 is the head, zone 1 for normal sucks, zone 2 for deepthroats. I don't really see the advantages of more detection zones? Are there any advantages?
The idea was mainly to allow progressively harder deep throat training. For a really long dildo, 3 deep throat zones can be specified, with the deeper zones having a much lower chance of being required, but a much greater reward. I also started coding another option using patterns, so DT training would actually get progressively harder throughout the session.
Also, for head play options where you must keep zone 0 in your mouth all the time, another zone may be nice.
-Is it possible to visualize when the min time for a deepthroat is reached at the moment there is only the sound.
Sure. The images I used are from the previous incarnation of this software by Qwerty. It's just a matter of finding an image to display for that event. Or some modification to the existing one.
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Another possible use for the extra zones: having a suck pattern. It might be a bit complex to code in, but most guys like a mix of shorter, faster strokes and longer slower ones (no matter what kind of stimulation it is) - one could specify one zone as the short depth and one as the long depth. One could have the program switch between them according to some rule scheme, and only recognize the type of suck it's asking for.

There might also be issues with detection resolution - telling the difference between 2 inches and 3 inches deep is much harder than the difference between 3 and 6, for instance.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

@Tenderfoot88,

This is one of the reasons I rewrote for v2, as modular changes of this type were not possible. The question is - what types of patterns? What is the criteria for pass or fail of a suck? Should there be a pass/fail? Warnings prior to fail? With 5 regions, head play, deep throat and held dt, there is a lot of different things to define.

The code here, which was written for v1, was my vision of using repeatable cycles and patterns for a session, and gives an idea of what I had in mind. Unfortunately, this complexity also requires much more feedback either with audio clips, visual clues or whatever. Still a long way away, but possible.

Code: Select all

switch (preset) {
    case BJ_TRAINER: {
        cycle.preset = preset;
        cycle.length = 32;
        cycle.time1 = 10000;
        cycle.time2 =  2000;
        cycle.rampTime = true;
        QString m;
        m+= "May have some minor deep throat action, but no held deep throat time.  ";
        m+= "You will have to suck faster and faster as you progress.";
        cycle.description = m;
        break;
    }
    case DT_TRAINER: {  // More DT, DT Held times
        cycle.preset = preset;
        cycle.time1 = 10000;
        cycle.time2 =  2000;
        cycle.rampTime = true;
//        cycle.maxRegions = 5;
//        cycle.dtFirstRegion = 2;
        QString m;
        m+= "Deep throat action all the way down, and held deep throat time.  ";
        m+= "You will have to suck faster and faster, and the ";
        m+= "held deep throat will get harder and harder.";
        cycle.description = m;
        break;
    }
    case BJ_TEASE: {
       cycle.preset = preset;
        cycle.headPlayAllowed = true;
        cycle.time1 = 15000;
        cycle.time2 = 15000;
        cycle.rampTime = false;
        QString m;
        m+= "Head play allowed, you can do deep throats if you like.";
        m+= "You can go as fast as you like, the suck time does not change.";
        m+= "\nBUT:  If asked to go deeper, you have to play instead.  ";
        m+= "If asked to hold a deep throat, don't do it too long.  ";
        m+= "Until the END of the cycle, where you MUST satisfy!";
        cycle.description = m;
        break;
    }
    case DT_BITCH: {
        cycle.preset = preset;
        cycle.region0Required = true;
        cycle.region0Timeout = 500;
        cycle.time1 = 8000;
        cycle.time2 = 1000;
        cycle.rampTime = true;
//        cycle.maxRegions = 5;
//        cycle.dtFirstRegion = 2;
        QString m;
        m+= "Combination of blowjob trainer and deep throat trainer.  ";
        m+= "You must keep the head in at all times.  ";
        m+= "Suck speed will ramp up and down, you must listen for cues.  ";
        m+= "Lots of deep throats, many need to be held.  Times will vary.";
        cycle.description = m;
        break;
    }
    case UNDEFINED: break;
    }
    return cycle;

/*
  Preset ideas:
    - DT trainer.
        5 regions, progressively deeper, progressively longer DT times.
        Repeatable.  Subsequent cycles deeper, longer, .... Faster?  (except DT time)
    - BJ trainer
        any # regions.  Progressively faster.  Depth dependent on DT settings.
        Repeatable.  
    - BJ tease
        any # regions.  Head play allowed.  Depth dependent on DT settings, but must always NOT give. 
        Repeatable.  Give a little, a little more.  ?
    - BJ bitch:
        DT trainer maxed + BJ trainer maxed
*/
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Yeah, that's always the issue with any programming project. Ideas on features to add are easy. Figuring out how to make that idea actually happen in the program isn't easy. And having the distraction of people who aren't actually helping code (whether or not they understand the programming side of things) contributing more ideas just compounds the problem.

I did say it might be a bit complex to implement. (to get to very complex, you need to be talking about things like neural network AI programming and the like, which is, admittedly, well beyond the point where my conscious mind starts screaming and hides in some deep, dark corner of my brain.) What makes it worse is that you'd probably want a fairly complex pattern, or have it randomize a pattern at the start, to keep things from getting overly repetitive.

And since you brought up the pass/fail system - personally, I'd love to see a score based system - give the user free reign on what they're doing, and punish them based on failing to gain enough points over a given time period (more realistic - the person giving head gets to do what they feel like; the person getting head will usually just relax and enjoy, unless the giver isn't doing a good enough job). That said, I don't see that happening anytime soon - I'd be surprised if the difference in tracking methods was not so great that you'd need to rebuild that entire segment of the program from the ground up.
ericjes

Post by ericjes »

Hello Kevlar,

First of all I want to thank you for this new release of SBBJ.
I am a Mac user and have downloaded the Mac version of SBBJ-v2
I've installed the .dmg and put sbbj in the application folder, but when I launch the program I got an error message:

" sbbj is damaged and could not be opened. You have to remove it. "

Have tried several times with new downloads.
I'm using 10.9.3

Thanks,
Ericjes