SBBJ v2

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

kahea1

Re: SBBJ v2 (Release)

Post by kahea1 »

I use windows 8. The directory is a bit different. You can see the directory from the screenshot in the attachment. you can also see that there isnt this settings file anywhere in the sbbj folder.
I did not just disappear. If I remember correctly I either dragged it somewhere or I closed it by clicking on some button. I am not quite sure.

Thank for your fast reply and help!
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

kahea1,

The location you show is the program installation directory. The sbbj.ini file is NOT contained in that folder. Due to UAC problems writing to that folder, it is now saving to the folder I mentioned previously, namely:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\KevlarsKinkyCreations\sbbj.ini

Delete this file and the menu bar will re-appear. I will add a fix to ensure the menu bar is always visible in a future release.
sophiestacey

Post by sophiestacey »

On Windows 7 once attempting to 'Scan' for a camera the programme crashes "sbbje.exe has stopped working" -- same thing happens when running in Admistrator mode. I've also tried to use a video URL (which displays using VLC) but nothing happens after entering the url and accepting the warning/notice msg.

Faulting application name: sbbj.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x537c12af
Faulting module name: Qt5Widgets.dll, version: 5.2.1.0, time stamp: 0x52ed58e8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x002161f0
Faulting process id: 0x1618
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf8eff8fbdb77f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\KevlarsCreations\sbbj\sbbj.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\Qt5Widgets.dll
Report Id: 4de4b0c0-faf3-11e3-a899-50e5493af365
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

@sophiestacey,

I cannot judge what is causing this, but I will try to fix for the next version. The program does a scan for the first 10 cameras it can find, but this does not work in Windows, where it seems to find the same camera for all 10 of the scan 'id' numbers.

I am considering replacing the camera selection dialogue, to allow a simple user input of the 'id' number, and then scan for supported resolutions. As well, I may disable the IP Camera selection, network issues could cause problems that I really don't want to handle here.
kahea1

Post by kahea1 »

@ kevlar:
Thanks a lot, now it works again! :)
The problem was that Windows hides some folders and files, so you cant find them unless you change some options. See: http://windows8themes.org/how-to-view-a ... ows-8.html for a good manual to change the folder view options.

Now its happy testing time and soon a session. I will keep you posted!
Cheers, again
popx9

Post by popx9 »

I'd like to have an image open up for my release method, how can I go about doing this with the release program?

I imagine I'd use a photoviewer program for the "program" section, but I'm lost when it comes to the arguments.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

@popx9

You are aware that the 'release' method is basically at the very end, after the session is done, wait time is done, and it is time for the bondage release. By this point in time, I don't believe anyone really cares what the computer is doing anymore.

Anyways, it really depends on the operating system. Since you did not mention one, I will assume you are a windows user. google the terms: 'windows open image batch'. You can put the command and arguments in the release method blanks. If you are using system variables as done here, then a batch file is required. You can put the path and name of the batch file in as the release method. I only get on windows every now and again, so I cannot give you the exact command.
slave1982

Post by slave1982 »

Hi kevlar,

is possible to have a linux package also for 32bit architecture? Unluckily 64bit packages doesn't work on 32bit architecture,

and if is possible also to have a package for non-ubuntu distributions it could be still better :D

Thank you.
Italian,Male, SelfBondage Lover!
JackZwo

Post by JackZwo »

i am eager 4 the next update...any news?
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

@slave1982,

As I mentioned a page or two back, supporting Windows, Mac and Linux is enough burden. Have you considered upgrading to a 64-bit distribution? What non-ubuntu distro are you referring to?

@JackZwo,

I am sorry, but no updates right now. I would like to do a solid repackage with the outstanding issues mentioned a page or two back, but have no plans to implement new features. When I was doing C++ coding at work slipping in a few hours for this project here and there was fun, but my role has changed, and I've simply run out of free time.
slave1982

Post by slave1982 »

@kevlar
i'm on gentoo linux.
Italian,Male, SelfBondage Lover!
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

I'm sorry to hear that slave1982. I haven't used Gentoo for almost a decade, not since around when Daniel Robbins went to work for Microsoft, briefly. I do not see an easy way to distribute a package for gentoo. I am not releasing the source code, so an ebuild for gentoo will not work, and due to the GPL licensing on Qt and OpenCV, I cannot release a binary only version.
FreedomOfRestriction

Post by FreedomOfRestriction »

kevlar wrote:I am not releasing the source code, so an ebuild for gentoo will not work, and due to the GPL licensing on Qt and OpenCV, I cannot release a binary only version.
I feel like you must have misspoke here. Qt used to be under the GPL, but it's under the LGPL now, and OpenCV seems to be under a permissive license. But if these libraries were under the GPL, you would already be violating the license right now, because you're already distributing only binaries.

I really think your apparent reasoning for not releasing source code (some kind to vigilante thing about stopping minors from getting it) is horribly misguided, though. If it's dangerous and something minors really should stay away from, just put a warning on it urging minors to stay away. You don't need to take responsibility for some shithead who takes the warning off, and you don't need to actively restrict people from redistributing it where minors can easily get it.
kate

Post by kate »

anyone got this working on the mac? No matter what I do with the security settings it doesn't work...I don't see the error when changing the security settings but after running nothing happens.

I have a windows machine that I can use but the mac is easier if i'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks
tekoma

Post by tekoma »

@kate

what OS X Version do you use ? (click on the little Apple in the left upper corner "about this mac" eg. 10.9.4)
Is SBBJ running on a user account with admin priveleges ?