SBBJ v2 or Virtual Restraint?

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

kevlar

SBBJ v2 or Virtual Restraint?

Post by kevlar »

I'm working on two different things, but need to prioritize, so.... what would you like more?

1. New SBBJ v2.xx, beta version of this software. Pretty much the same as v1, plus:
  • multiple sound card selection for audio output. Volume control
  • user configurable output directory (image capture)
  • resizable camera viewer. Camera / resolution detection. IP cameras possible.
  • suck time limit 'ramped', with time ramp repeatable.
  • 'respite' feature gains % failure allowed
  • 'suck warnings' feature. Allows a warning before failure for not deep enough, not held long enough, etc.
  • multiple deep throat regions.
2. Virtual Restraint module, similar to qwerty212's Selfbondage Motion Detector, w/ the following features:
  • camera selection, etc. (as sbbj v2 has)
  • selection of multiple rectangular regions. Detection inside or outside these regions.
  • motion detection via contour counting or histogram comparison. Configurable detection threshold.
  • user configurable 'chain' of consequences for each region.
  • chain actions configurable for:
    • action, action repeat count, minimum time between actions
    • chain repeatability, time between chain repeat
    • actions available: audio tease, run any app, add to release time. Audio tease can go to multiple sound cards, which may allow e-stim use?
Some possible scenarios:
  • emergency release (detection via histogram, daylight changes could trigger)
  • emergency release (detection via contours - if you can reach the 'region'. Or setup on another camera pointed at the cats food bowl, or ...)
  • region(s) where motion is *required*.
  • punishment. Motion (or lack of it) causes audio tease the first 3 times movement is detected, followed two rounds of increasing intensity e-stim tease (via 2nd sound card, with a volume increase?). Do it again and it starts an app (?). Add to release time. Start the chain again.
  • modular. Easy to add other consequences.
Either one will be at least a month away, but which one first? :-)
Last edited by kevlar on 14 Mar 2014, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
JackZwo

Re: SBBJ v2 or Virtual Restraint

Post by JackZwo »

Hi Kevlar,

i vote for option 1.

greetings
Moriteru

Post by Moriteru »

I also vote option 1, though I'm excited for both!
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

Both sound great. Thanks for your hard work.

Greets from Barcelona
tekoma

Post by tekoma »

Option 1 is also my fav to prioritize...
I am allready jumping from one foot to the other ... can't wait to see the first beta version.

I only have one little feature request *caugh* ... if i may...
seperate punishment command line possibilities ... I am planning to use a commandline serial connection to trigger my arduino relais card, switching several punishing devices on an off. e.g.
failed Deep Throat ... triggers a electric whipping machine. :whip:
failed Sucks ... triggers a tens unit.
etc.

and the coolest thing off all would be ... if all that runs on a Raspberry Pi !

btw. your sbbj v1 was allready tested by myself in a real scenario, i tried to describe here:
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... f=6&t=7807

I used a Mac book with Mavericks and i never had to use the safty release.
keep up that good work and tell me if you need a beta tester also for win xp, 7, ubuntu, osx 10.7-10.9.
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

A suggestion to kevlar on a possible means of implementing that more varied punishment system:

Take one program, but have an option to give a specific argument for each means of triggering the device. That way, people just wanting something basic can just plug in the program once and have it run the tease, while the few who have more sophisticated rigs can program their punishment program to accept a series of codes to customize how the program responds. Still requires more user defined stuff, but in a way that keeps it out of the way for the simple scenarios. Maybe a separate options menu to define said arguments?

I'm assuming, of course, that anyone who's built a system that includes multiple punishment options like this has the programming knowhow to build their software such that it accepts different modes of operation.

On the other hand, this might have to stay on the backburner for now. Scope creep is how you kill programming projects.
amy43

Post by amy43 »

Please do option 1, sounds exciting
pansexual

Post by pansexual »

I'd vote for option 1.
Plan ahead. Don't be overambitious. Slowly step by step. Play safe. Have fun. And tell us.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

@tekoma,

I'll put your punishment idea on the wish list. Should not be that big of a deal to add this.
As for the Raspberrry Pi - does the old version run on one? I really have no idea how low end a machine can be and still run sbbj.

And very nice scenario, it was a fun read. I am glad this software could help make it a reality. :D
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

@Tenderfoot88

The 'tease' system in the earlier version was either audio or an user defined application. This covers alot of ground already. It just needs user-defined triggers on when to 'tease'. With the audio output in the new version, the user can select an alternate sound card and volume - which can be used for e-stim devices triggered from a sound card.

So all that is left to implement for your more complicated scenarios, would be to allow users to specify arguments for the program that would correspond to output from sbbj. Something like:

Code: Select all

Program: myApp.exe   
Trigger tags: fail  
Args:  %c  %t  %s  where %c would be fail reason, the others could be whatever.    
Feature creep is definately a time consumer for me.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

The votes seem to be overwhelmingly towards sbbj, so that's the way it will go for now.

If anyone cares for an update, here is what is done and needs doing:
- camera module - done
- detect motion module - done
- detect motion results (rewrite of existing) 80% done
- audio system - 90% done ( uses to many threads, no mixing)
- rework of 'session' - 80% done
- integration into sbbj v2 - 30%? Ongoing.
- deployment on multiple OS, with new Qt v5 (guh)
- translation? (needs volunteers)

Still a lot of work to do, but getting there. I will attempt to work on code to restore all features of sbbj v1 first, and that can be the beta while I finish the new stuff.

Cheers.
jessbaby

Post by jessbaby »

Option 1 no question. But one thought as you're talking about multiple audio options, could you have it where a sound plays *unless* you fail rather than *only* when you fail? You could have your device set to a more pleasurable setting and the pleasure is only there so long as you're doing a good job. It isn't hard to configure a vibrator to work off audio files as well (some are even designed to do it like the OhMiBud). Get a little positive rather than just negative reinforcement to keep you sucking hard :whip: .

Seems like it wouldn't be that big a change (would it?) and I think more than just me could find that kind of mode a lot of fun.
luanachiantelle

Post by luanachiantelle »

I really love that kind of software... I'm not too much up-to date, but I would like to have an option to disable the image capture, to speed up the cam processing on old PCs
Second point, I don't know this version, but it would be great to do sessions totally blindfolded, so sounds must be sufficient to guide the whole action: they should order you "suck" or "suck deep" before the action, tell you "faster" or "slower" if the previous suck was at a wrong speed (obviously speed must not change too much between two sucks) and tell you "no, deeper!" if a deepthroat failed and a repeat is required. Something like that...

thanks for your work...

Luana
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

@jessbaby
The sound suggestion you make is already in there, there is just not a 'setting' for it. Just remove the 'fail.wav' audio file and it will no longer play during fails.

@luanachiantelle
There is an option to turn off all image capture. For SBBJ v1.02, settings page 3, under 'Image Capture'. Set the 'Interval' to -1 ( the default) and turn off all the checkboxes that indicate what event triggers a capture.

The main issue with the audio is that it takes a long time to find the sounds, and everyone has different tastes. Some want beeps, some want a male voice, some female, some want humiliation, others domination - I prefer male, slightly dominating, like the audio I put in v1. The software uses audio 'tags' to trigger audio events, and I could use some help finding audio clips, or volunteers to create some. You can guess what event each tag is for, and they are:
  • Tags used (in v1.02): suck, deep, pass, fail, fail_cheat, deep_held, warn_head, deep, deep_min, deep_held, pass, fail, fail_cheat, suck, warn_head, respite, release
  • Tags available in v2: session_start, cycle_deeper, cycle_easy_now, cycle_deeper_holdit, cycle_good_girl, tick3_120bpm
  • Tags planned for v2: deep_min0, deep_held3, deep_held4, deep_held5, climax, cycle_pass, cycle_fail, cycle_faster, cycle_slower
tekoma

Post by tekoma »

A few days ago I grabbed some sounds that could be used with your new software.
here are the first samples : http://ul.to/tmm450v4

@kevlar: Please let me know when you have the exakt tags for v2. Currently the samples are named after the content in the "wav". I allready see, that some of the samples should be compined with klicks and beeps, to make it more clear, if its a fail or success.

If someone else also have some additional nice sounds, please put the online, I am willing to make a matching folder/sound template for v2.