SBBJ Port v1

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

bound4fun

Re: SBBJ Port v1

Post by bound4fun »

Hello Kevlar,
do you have the possibility to place the download on a other Plattform. i get more then i whant by any download. sorry

greats bound4fun
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

JackZwo wrote:Hi,

the estim box i use is triggered by sound. Depending on the audio file , you get diffrent kind of sensations.
Every sound causes a sensation, thats why i need to seperate the teasing audio from the instruction audio.
Maybe u could implement the option to select diffrent audio files, for reward or punishment.

I don`t know if it`s helpfully, here is a software that incorparted estim very well : http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 467#p40860

btw: im running win7

Thank you very much !
Coincidentally, I have been working on the audio system recently due to lag issues on Windows. I have implemented this feature, and it seems to work well on Windows and Linux. Not so much on Mac. I cannot apply these changes easily to the 1.0x versions of the software, but it can be added to the v2.0 series I'm working on. So you will likely see this in future releases.
Thanks for the software link, but it is not very good for this project as it runs only on windows. I would like to keep things working on all platforms.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

bound4fun wrote:Hello Kevlar,
do you have the possibility to place the download on a other Plattform. i get more then i whant by any download. sorry

greats bound4fun
Huh? I can only assume you would like the download to be put somewhere other than 4shared.com? Possibly - do you have a site in mind? I have tried mega.co.nz and 4shared.com, and I prefer the latter as it gives me a count of number of times each file was downloaded. This helps in determining which platforms are used most and the like.

The 4shared.com membership is free, and I have yet to receive any spam due to joining that site. What problem are you experiencing?
tekoma

Post by tekoma »

Hello Kevlar,

just some minor (Bug) Reports.

First of all it still runs good und my old 24" iMac 8.1 and Mavericks 10.9.0. It was testet for real with an Ice- and E-Magnet-Release as safty, without having to use them. :wink: It was fun!

O.k. here is what i found out:

1. using the iMac
In sessions >15Min. the response time isn't as good as at the beginning <5Min. of the session. The Webcam Picture freezes for a few Miliseconds more when the beeps starts again.
It doesn't matter if the pictures get captured/saved or not. Also trying a newer Logitech Webcam with 1600/1200 or an old 640/480 makes no big differences.
Using a uvc tool for the Logitech Cam on the mac ( http://www.dm9.se/?tag=uvc-ctrl ) and switch off the auto exposure setting I get much better recognition results and the lag times seem to be less. Maybe you can intergrate these controlls of the uvc library in a future release of SBBJ.

2. using MacBook Pro 15" (late 2008) Mac OSX 10.8.5 and new SSD
It has the same minor issues as discribed above. Additional the MacBook LCD has "only" 1440x900 Pixel and I allways have to maximize the screen to see the control/nav buttons (next close prev) at the bottom of the settings window. If the session starts I have to maximize the screen again to see the Progress Bar.
Is it possible to get the window content (config input boxes/webcam field/color settings) into a 900px height Window? Because I think there a more People out there that do not have the latest full HD screen on their Laptops.

3. using Ubuntu Linux 13.10 on a Foxconn NT-330I Netbox Ion Atom 330
After installing these Libraries manually
libopencv_core.so.2.4
libopencv_highgui.so.2.4
libopencv_imgproc.so.2.4
libphonon.so.4
and the uvc in gtk I got the software running.
Only one little but essential thing is missing. It does not recognice an external USB CD-/DVD Drive. Is it possible to mount the CD Drive with a trick, so that it will appear in Settings>>Release-Method>>CD Drive Pulldown ?

O.k., thats it so far. Sorry for my bad english and thank you for your hard work.

Tekoma
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

@tekoma,

Thanks for the feedback. As to your concerns:

1. Lag on mac:
I cannot say why the lag occurs, I must admit I have never performed a full test ( > 15 mins ) on a mac. Does this happen every time you have had a session this long? I create each audio sound on the fly, so it sounds like I may have a memory leak there...
As for recognition results, I suspect a bug I found recently exists on the old version as well. It does not matter what Detector Threshold you select, it stays at 0.70 regardless. This is fixed in later versions, so usage of 'uvc' may not be necessary.

2. Screen resolution:
This is a difficult one. First off, the application is really meant to be run maximized on the full screen. It is meant to have your full attention, so changing it for this reason does not make a whole lot of sense. As for older lower-resolution displays, I'll look into more scaling options for a future version.

3. Linux Release methods:
There is no standard way of detecting CD/DVD devices in linux. There may be some in a few distributions, but nothing that works for all of them. So the combo box for selection of a drive is sort of useless. Instead make sure you have 'eject' installed, and for a 'Release Method', select Program, and enter in '/usr/bin/eject /dev/sr0'. Change 'sr0' to match what you need: ie. sr1, sr2, etc.
admhtsiv

Post by admhtsiv »

I'm running the port on my MacBook Pro late 2009 running 10.9 Mavericks, and it's working quite well now. The only issue I'd had was with the respite (mentioned before), but I haven't tried to re-create the problem there (my apologies).

Does anyone have any ideas for how one could setup a release method with a Mac on this, considering both my laptop and desktop have only a CD/DVD slot, not a tray?

Also, are there any specific instructions for how to change out the sound files (and anyplace to find pre-recorded, or if I record my own how to label/stack them)?

Has there been any thought as to being able to make it "eyes-free" software? So that through either the sound files or audio cues tell the person what their next action should be? I have a bit of an issue with having the camera in a location to see clearly, but also being able to see the image cues.

I'm enjoying the software otherwise, and am looking forward to figuring out new ways of using it! :mrgreen:
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

For slot-style optical drive releases, if you can position it such that an ejected cd will be over an edge. Put a cd in the drive, put something very light that can hold your key (maybe a nail in the top of a small wooden block, through the keychain hole at the top?), and eject the disk. The object falls, and brings your key with it.

All of the easily accessible recorded sound is pretty much always tied to video, and may or many not be streaming. I've found a way to do it with Windows' wonderfully primitive little audio recorder program - just go into its settings and tell it to use something other than the mic. It might be possible to do the same thing with whatever Apple gives you for audio recording support. There's also the Audacity team's tutorial for Mac (as well as windows and linux). (Audacity also points out that doing this will reduce audio quality a bit, especially if you don't have a superior dedicated sound card, since it's converting from digital source to analogue sound signal, then back to digital, but unless you're using something really murky and indistinct to start with, or are blessed with the extraordinary hearing of a born audiophile, it shouldn't cause a problem.)
admhtsiv

Post by admhtsiv »

Tenderfoot88 wrote:For slot-style optical drive releases, if you can position it such that an ejected cd will be over an edge. Put a cd in the drive, put something very light that can hold your key (maybe a nail in the top of a small wooden block, through the keychain hole at the top?), and eject the disk. The object falls, and brings your key with it.

All of the easily accessible recorded sound is pretty much always tied to video, and may or many not be streaming. I've found a way to do it with Windows' wonderfully primitive little audio recorder program - just go into its settings and tell it to use something other than the mic. It might be possible to do the same thing with whatever Apple gives you for audio recording support. There's also the Audacity team's tutorial for Mac (as well as windows and linux). (Audacity also points out that doing this will reduce audio quality a bit, especially if you don't have a superior dedicated sound card, since it's converting from digital source to analogue sound signal, then back to digital, but unless you're using something really murky and indistinct to start with, or are blessed with the extraordinary hearing of a born audiophile, it shouldn't cause a problem.)
The release idea sounds great... I hadn't even gotten that far with my thinking!

For the audio, I don't have a problem with chopping audio up, mixing it, reformatting it or converting it... I just wondered if there's a quick summary of what the program plays specific audio for, where to put the audio files (and in what format), how to label/number them, if there's a limit on the amount of them... those details.

Thanks for the help Tenderfoot88!
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

admhtsiv wrote:The release idea sounds great... I hadn't even gotten that far with my thinking!
My discovery of this actually has nothing to do with gaming. I used to keep my ps3 flat on the TV with enough room in front to store the controller (an old CRT piece of junk that is in the process of being replaced by this computer monitor, hence the large flat area at the top). One time swapping in a new game, I ejected the old game with the console button rather than using the controller, and the disc popped out and slowly, inexorably shoved the controller off the edge, where it bounced off the lip of the table at the bottom of the TV and did approximately a dozen front flips on the way down to the ground (somewhat surprisingly, still fully functional). It was rather amusing to watch, so it popped into my head as soon as you mentioned slot optical drives as release methods.

(They actually eject the disc with a fair amount of force - put your finger in the way (don't press too hard - servomotors tend to go from being able to push something aside to burning themselves out with very little warning) and feel how much force it exerts on your finger. It won't untie a rope or shove a 10 pound weight around, but it's far stronger than one might expect.)
admhtsiv wrote:For the audio, I don't have a problem with chopping audio up, mixing it, reformatting it or converting it... I just wondered if there's a quick summary of what the program plays specific audio for, where to put the audio files (and in what format), how to label/number them, if there's a limit on the amount of them... those details.
I seem to remember a readme file of some sort.....ahh, there it is.

In the audio subfolder of the program, there's a folder "beep" and a file "readme.txt" This readme is a full description of how the audio system is implemented and how it can be modified. It's somewhat barebones, but it's not overly complex. Hopefully this will get you what you need.
irithnum

Post by irithnum »

Hey kevlar,

I tried to run your software with WinXP 32 bit SP3 and installed VC++ redistributables, but the software does not start (show up). I checked Task Manager, I can find the process there, but no gui is shown at all! Do you have any ideas how I can solve the problem?

greets
irithnum
tate

Post by tate »

i followed the link to download this program. it asks for a password. is the link bad? if not why not share the password?
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

@irithnum,
I have not tried or tested this on Windows XP. I may be able to sometime after the holidays, but I am not going to put a whole lot of work into making this work for XP, it's just too old to bother. You say you installed the VC2010 redistributables, so all I can suggest to troubleshoot is running a dependency checker, as found here: www.dependencywalker.com.

@tate,
To download from 4shared you must sign up for a free account. Use a generic email account, and sign up, then you can download. The password for the software archive itself is listed on the first post here.
pansexual

Post by pansexual »

tate wrote:i followed the link to download this program. it asks for a password. is the link bad? if not why not share the password?
kevlar wrote:PASSWORD for all packages is 'boundanna'
I think the password is set to not let the download traffic explode, and therefor the costs of it, and even if, he just needs to change the password once.
Plan ahead. Don't be overambitious. Slowly step by step. Play safe. Have fun. And tell us.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

pansexual wrote:
tate wrote:i followed the link to download this program. it asks for a password. is the link bad? if not why not share the password?
kevlar wrote:PASSWORD for all packages is 'boundanna'
I think the password is set to not let the download traffic explode, and therefor the costs of it, and even if, he just needs to change the password once.
Uh, no.... There are only two passwords involved here.

1. one is for *your* account with 4shared.com, which you set when you register on that site. That has nothing to do with me, this site, download limitations or anything else. This is the way the file hosting site '4shared.com' operates. I have no affiliation with 4shared.com, it's just a place to store files, which I did after registering for a free account there.

2. the other password is on the archive file(s) you download, which is the software packages I created. It has a password as mentioned earlier, 'boundanna', which is required to open and extract the software from the 7zip archive. I do not want the packages to be distributed without this password simply because I do not want children or casual users who may find a copy laying about to be able to open it. Only users aware of this site and this type of content will be able to install it. Please - do not redistribute the packages without the password.
FinbarrSaunders

Post by FinbarrSaunders »

Hi Kevlar,

Long-time lurker here. Thanks for this awesome software - it works really well on my Macbook, I've already done a couple 'test' sessions with it.

I've so far noticed 2 very minor bugs:

1. If you have random deepthroat time set, it seems possible to bypass this by doing a really fast (less than 1 second) deepthroat. The software calls this a 'PASS' even though it asked for 5 seconds.
2. If you fail the last suck, it ends the session straight away even you have penalty sucks configured.

Keep up the good work :-)

Thanks,

Finbarr.