DIY Simple Arduino Vibrator

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Sir Cumference

Re: DIY Simple Arduino Vibrator

Post by Sir Cumference »

mechwilliam wrote:
Sir Cumference wrote:Running a motor directly from an Arduino pin is generally not a good idea.
Indeed you were right, the Arduino was fried (after a few weeks from the date I posted this thread), thankfully no release method that depends on it was used :shock: :shock:
Sir Cumference wrote:William hasn't been around for a couple of years.
He is back though :hi: , let me search my hard disk for this piece.

Welcome back
:hi:

If you have not fried an Arduino, you have not played enough.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Sir Cumference wrote:
mechwilliam wrote:
Sir Cumference wrote:Running a motor directly from an Arduino pin is generally not a good idea.
Indeed you were right, the Arduino was fried (after a few weeks from the date I posted this thread), thankfully no release method that depends on it was used :shock: :shock:
Sir Cumference wrote:William hasn't been around for a couple of years.
He is back though :hi: , let me search my hard disk for this piece.

Welcome back
:hi:

If you have not fried an Arduino, you have not played enough.
I can safely say I have not fried an Arduino, still I believe I have played enough (though I can always play more)

Its just that I don't own an Arduino and never had. :P :lol: :mrgreen:
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Slave_L wrote:
I can safely say I have not fried an Arduino, still I believe I have played enough (though I can always play more)

Get one! Make it smoke!
It feels so good!
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Sir Cumference wrote:
Slave_L wrote:

Get one! Make it smoke!
It feels so good!
Forget marijuana. Smoke electronics. Best high ever! :rofl:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

I've had many dozens of Arduino/ESP8266 devices and not fried one yet. One that had a fake FTDI chip was trashed by a driver update (google FTDIgate but only if you're very very bored). Always calculate that you won't exceed the per-pin or per-device current and don't use inductive loads and you'll be fine. For controlling a small motor I'd use a ULN2003-family buffer (you can use channels in parallel for higher loads) and a diode across the load to dump back-emf.

I've had enough other electronics die and with experience you can recognise the different smells of burning resistors, capacitors, silicon and PCBs. There are worse smells but not many.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Oh I know all about the smell of burning electronics.

When I was little, I had a pocket piano. Very small thing with I think 16 buttons or so. Only one tone at a time, playing a synthy piano sound. It was a fun toy to have although I could play far better on my parents organ, but that put aside.

One day, the battery died. It had one of those round flat button style batteries. Of course, I had plenty of AA, AAA, etc batteries, but none of those weird button style batteries. Using some electrical wire I connected one of my AA batteries.

See? It works too this way!

Suddenly my piano was awesome. It had this overdrive sound now. I played 10 notes on it before it stopped, some smoke came out and this nasty smell...

There went the chip. XD
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
mechwilliam

Post by mechwilliam »

I'm really sorry i can't find the file :\
maybe someone else who downloaded it can provide a mirror?

I searched my hard disks and my encrypted lewd harddisks and still couldn't find it.
I swear files just disappear :facepalm: