Selfbondage Blowjob Trainer 0.78

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

Tenderfoot88

Re: Selfbondage Blowjob Trainer 0.78

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Kevlar: Assuming Windows will be used is pretty much a given for most public distributions, unless it's actually a tool to do stuff that's only relevant on Unix based operating systems (like a more convenient command prompt, since dos is worthless). Unfortunate, I know - but many of us use Windows...even ones like me that know better, since one of my highest priorities on the computer is the one thing Windows beats Mac and Linux at: gaming. I'm actually kinda surprised you're not taking the Java route, since it's inherently cross platform, and the reduced efficiency shouldn't matter. (That said, the webcam interfacing code might need direct OS access if the JVM hasn't got a common set of code to abstract any OS-specific variations. Also, I learned to program with Java, so it's pretty much my default choice - even my pseudocode mirror's Java syntax.)

In general, do we still not have a manual available for a recent version of BJT? I can throw some setup explanations together, but I don't actually have a webcam, so webcam support and testing/operation stuff will need a different author. (That said, this program actually makes me want a webcam, which is a first.)

One bug report I would like to make: it might be best to disable the minimize button in Windows for BJT. The program fills the screen and disables the taskbar - if you minimize it, you cannot bring it back (even alt-tab does not work) - your only option is to force close it using task manager. Doing this does not bring back the taskbar, so you have to force close explorer.exe (if it's open) then rerun it using task manager's run command. It's a bit awkward to do, and disabling the minimize button is probably the simplest means of fixing this bug.

Edit: I have a draft version of a manual made, though it seems I can't attach documents, either in odt, doc or pdf format; I've posted a pdf of what I have so far here: EDIT: Manual has since been more or less completed: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113 ... Manual.pdf.
If anyone is interested in helping make a viable manual for this program, the help would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a webcam, so I can't actually use the program yet, so there's a lot of stuff I might be missing out on.

This is a list of all the placeholders (things that need more information in the manual) I currently have; if anyone can answer some/all of these, I'll add the information to the manual.
  • Credit where it's due: who's been involved with the project, and how do they want to be identified (forum handle, real name, something else)
  • Which settings are not saved when the program closes?
  • Is speed specified in seconds, or some other arbitrary unit of time?
  • How do I describe what the Virtual Restraint does
  • Is the following correct (for the Failed Sucks section of the main options box)? "Aggregate time currently does not do anything. If specified below, the tease program will run for each failed suck."
  • The Colour Accuracy setting (also in the main options) means what, precisely. It involves how close the color has to match what it's looking for to count, this much I understand. But if it picks up the wrong thing, or fails to pick up anything, should the number be raised or lowered
  • The entire set of pauses settings - I'm not really sure what these are supposed to do, and since I don't have a webcam, I can't just play around and figure it out. Once I know the basic idea for this feature, I can write the manual, but I've got several possible interpretations of what it means. (And is it possible to abort a rest by starting again sooner?)
  • Difficulty modifies how randomized values work, correct? Weighting the options so more or less forgiving values (depending on difficulty, of course), will be selected more? Does this just apply to sucks/suck speed, or does include the optional things like rest times as well? And is it applying more complex statistical distributions, or is it just making certain values show up twice (or whatever) as often?
  • Can deepthroats be triggered using a combination of the 3 frequency settings, or any 2? (As in, is it possible to have it ask for deepthroats 10% of the time, plus every 20 sucks, plus ask for 10 deepthroats in a row to finish off?)
  • Is difficulty in deepthroats how long you must hold the deepthroat? Is it in seconds, or something else?
  • My description of the virtual restraint settings is rather lacking since I don't really understand how it's supposed to work aside from the very basics (punishing you for pulling too far away) - Where do I put the box (on head, behind head, etc) and what color do I set it to recognize (hair color, skin color, background color, etc))
  • Webcam connection is probably the most complex issue in the program, and it's something I can't really write about at all. Is there anything special to be done for webcams, or does pressing "start webcam" just work or not work. (And what can we do if it doesn't work?
  • Are there any common troubleshooting issues beyond the "how do I use it" question that should be included? Known bugs and how to avoid/fix them, etc.
If anyone is interested in just making some edits, send me a PM and I'll send you the document. I work in OpenOffice, so if you're using word, you might have some formatting issues with it; I'd be astonished if the table of contents transferred over to Word, for instance.
Last edited by Tenderfoot88 on 02 Oct 2013, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

Tenderfoo88,

I have not gone through the new features (v0.77 and above), so am unsure how they work - the virtual restraint and pauses are not something I've implemented, though they are possible. I also have not included the deepthroat 'difficulty' as I really do not know what it does.

I have most of the features from v0.73 implemented already, and tested. Almost everything in the settings page of my previous attachment is functional. Today I managed to get a version compiled in Windows 7, so it is fully functional now in Linux, Windows and Mac. I have not seen any issues with the camera in any operating system. I am pulling the input from the webcam directly into my application using the OpenCV library, and outputing directly into a custom class inheriting QWidget.

There is no longer a need for color selection, I generate reference HSV histograms when the 'Select Colors' button is pushed, and the regions are fully testable from that point on. There are 4 methods for histogram comparison available (http://docs.opencv.org/doc/tutorials/im ... rison.html), though the Correlation one seems pretty stable. The detection method is much better than the AutoIt one. Should this prove too fragile, the OpenCV library has a great deal of more complicated algorithms available.

The only thing lacking right now is the release system in Windows. I have just located 'nircmd', which should do the job. Aside from that, putting some more visual / audio clues of the randomly generated requirements are needed to polish things off. I should be able to have something postable for testing later this week.
MasterDisaster

Post by MasterDisaster »

@Kevlar

Great job! That is a lot of progress in such a short time! I would be willing to help test (currently I have a Win7 32bit machine and an Ubuntu 64bit machine).

@Tenderfoot88

Great job on the user manual so far! I can try to answer some of your questions as best I can.

1) As far as I know, only Qwerty212 and Mich9 have been involved besides myself. I have been referencing their forum handles in my posts.

2) None of the settings are saved when the program closes, only when the user confirms in the settings window/s. The only setting that doesn't save off the top of my head is the virtual restraint punishment (continue, or finish).

3) I am not sure about the suck speed. I thought originally that it was sucks per minute, but it seems too fast for that. Qwerty212 could answer that better than I could.

4) "The virtual restraint box cannot be left by the user ( or entered if configured properly ). If that is broken a punishment will be made of the user's choice ( either ending the session or executing a teasing program )." Something like that. I haven't written technical docs in a while.

5) I was hoping for a bit of inspiration with the "aggregate timer" problem. However I'm going to remove it from the next version.

6) The color accuracy could best be described as how "off" a color can be from another color and still be considered a match. The larger the accuracy the farther off they can be. For instance if a users face is similar color to the dildo then this value would need to be lowered to catch the change in color between the two. If they are very different colors then this could be a higher value. This is basically intended to help the former case, and would not need to be changed if the face and dildo are very different.

7) The pauses settings. a) The "Activate Pauses between sucks" checkbox, either activates or deactivates pauses during the job. Frequency and length are determined by the subsequent settings. b) "Duration". This value is measured in seconds. The length of the rest is determined by the two fields min and max. If the random checkbox is not set, the max field will be used. If random is checked, the rest length will be between those two values ( between the min inclusively and the max inclusively ). c) The "Required sucks to rest" fields are similar. Sucks in between each rest are determined by min and max. Max if random is not checked, in between min and max if it is.

8) Difficulty mode applies to all settings that have a random feature. The algorithm is as follows: The allowable range is divided up into thirds, each representing a difficulty level (easy, medium, hard). The current desired difficulty level will be selected 70% of the time, with the other 2 being selected 15% each. Once a range is selected, a value will be chosen at random from that range.

9) Yes, deep throats can be activated through all those settings independently.

10) Placement of the virtual restraint box is really up to the user. It's one of the settings I don't really use. It would be best to describe as any area that the user doesn't want to break.

11) Right now, if the webcam doesn't work there will just be a blank screen. I can try to work an error message into this Week's release. If the webcam doesn't work on the first try, the user could select a different entry from the list on start up. If the webcam still doesn't work they would need to go through the usual, re-installing drivers etc.

12) The best advice I could offer here is not allowing a camera to user "Auto Exposure". Changing this setting is camera dependent, I have found on mine that this will screw up the color detection routines during the job.

Thank you so much for writing some docs! I hope I answered your questions well enough.

-MasterDisaster
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Thanks for the help,

The manual can be found here: EDIT - it's no longer in draft form (though it's not a dead document; changes will continue to be made as necessary) Here's the "finished" version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113 ... Manual.pdf

The spelling might seem a little odd to you. I'm Canadian, which means I'm supposed to be using British spelling, but am generally more exposed to American spelling. Thus I will write colour and armor and say they're both right. (And despite officially using British spelling, we still officially use aluminum, not aluminium).

(Feel free to host/mirror it elsewhere. If you want to do editing or translation work, let me know and I'll get you a modifiable copy in .odt or .doc format)

some more questions for you:
  • For virtual restraint, does the punishment trigger when it detects the specified color, or when it fails to detect the color. (Or when it goes from detecting to not detecting or not detecting to detecting)? From that, I can figure out what color should be selected in which situation.
  • How does one set up/change images for the slideshow? (Added; thank you for mentioning this, pansexual)
  • I'm now working on a section on modifying images and sounds. For the audio, does the filename matter at all (aside from being a .mp3), or is it just dependent on the folder it's in.
  • On the topic of sounds, there's 8 files in the root/Sounds directory. What are these used for, if anything?
  • If you ever figure out what those times (suck speed and deepthroat difficulty) precisely mean, I'd include that info. (It may be that it's not clock-tied at all, in which case it would vary depending on computer speed. It could also be related to frames captured by the webcam in some way.)
Edit: Added a third question on slideshow images.
Last edited by Tenderfoot88 on 02 Oct 2013, 05:37, edited 3 times in total.
pansexual

Post by pansexual »

Thanks so far for all the work. Great program.

Looks like I missed something: how does the slideshow on completion works if on. I mean where do I have to store the pictures for it?
Plan ahead. Don't be overambitious. Slowly step by step. Play safe. Have fun. And tell us.
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Good question - forgot to put that in my list of unknowns. I'm writing a tutorial for a webcam reliant program while not owning a webcam, so I have a few holes in my understanding of how things actually play out. When I hit run, it either tells me to select colors, or, if I pick random colors, tells me that it's unable to find the colors specified. Given the fact that there's no actual video feed, this is technically true (though I'm somewhat tempted to see what happens if I tell it to look for a black dildo, since a lack of video feed is often interpreted as black throughout). I just assumed, given it doesn't give you an option to choose a folder for the slideshow, that the images were built into the program in some form. (Having never actually published one of my projects, I don't know if/how images can be connected to a program file other than being stored in a .jar or similar.)

There is an images folder, but that's all the images used for the menus at the start. You could try putting a few in there or the main directory (with the .exe), or perhaps MasterDisaster or one of the others knows.
luanachiantelle

Post by luanachiantelle »

hello people

yesterday evening I tried this new version, it is a very good software.

I still have some questions:

1) the direction of the suck movement must be along a specified direction or any would work? It seemed that with the webcam on my left it didn't work (not sure), while I did a good session with the cam on my right. Perhaps it is related to the position of area boxes at startup?

2) (i see someone else already asked about) what is the speed unit? I set minimum and maximum, but I found that most were very slow movements and I had to wait a lot of time standing still on tip. Knowing the speed unit would help to set a right value. Or, better, there could be a "tap tempo" button associated to max and min speed, where you repeatly click at the rate you want to set: very easy to set, harder to implement, you must measure the time between each click, discard first and last and do an average?
Another problem with slow movements is that it is sufficient a fast suck and then you can rest holding the tip only, while a good slow movement would be better, but I know this is difficult to code, perhaps impossible with the areas/boxes system.

3) sounds: I think it would be great to allow the user to be blindfolded. But in this case the time bar on bottom of screen would be unuseful, so it would be difficult to undestand the right speed. Perhaps it is possible to add some sound, in my opinion the best would be:
- a "let's start this job" (at the end of the preparation timer)
- a sequence of "suck - yes" or "suck - no"
- the deep request should be simply "deep - yes" or "deep -- no", without the "suck" that is related to the "deep"
- the speed should increase or decrease gradually during the job, and a "faster" or "slow down" command should be inserted between "suck - yes" cycles if the suck is not detected around the mid-time of a cycle
I can try in next days to prepare the voice files, if it can help
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

luanachiantelle:
1 - The program should work regardless of the orientation of the dildo. That said, the boxes are specific, even though they appear pretty much the same. Make sure the tip box is on the tip and the bottom box is on the bottom of the suck. I think I'll add that tip to the troubleshooting section of the manual; it's an easy mistake to make, especially since the program default orientation is opposite to the dildo shown in the menu.

2 - It's kinda difficult to figure out what the speed means; MasterDisaster is the third person to work on this project, and from what I've been able to gather, there's not enough commenting to figure out all the broad (by programming standards) concepts, and since the speed was never properly explained by the dev who set it up, it'd take some direct code analysis to figure it out...which can take minutes or days, even for something as small as that, so we might not know until MasterDisaster's Java version is done. A click tempo might work out poorly. Pressing the mouse button once every second feels very slow, but one stroke per second is a pretty energetic blowjob. Using just the two boxes, it's impossible to encourage smooth movement. MasterDisaster might be planning that at some point (the multiple box concept has been brought up before, though I think it was for a different reason), but I'm pretty sure he said it's not going to be for a while.

3 - I'd say that not knowing makes things more fun, so there should be a choice as to how much audio feedback you want. It's possible to change the audio files for the 3 sounds; I think it's just by putting desired mp3s in the folder and removing the ones you don't want, though don't quote me on that. There's a reason I haven't put the file modding section in the manual yet. Some of the loose mp3s (just in the Sounds directory - unused?) suggest that there's going to be variable speed at some point (otherwise why would there be a "faster!" demand?).

As for helping out, I can't say yea or nay; I'm just the guy writing the manual.
MasterDisaster

Post by MasterDisaster »

Tenderfoot88 wrote:Thanks for the help,

The manual can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113 ... 0draft.pdf

The spelling might seem a little odd to you. I'm Canadian, which means I'm supposed to be using British spelling, but am generally more exposed to American spelling. Thus I will write colour and armor and say they're both right. (And despite officially using British spelling, we still officially use aluminum, not aluminium).

(Feel free to host/mirror it elsewhere. If you want to do editing or translation work, let me know and I'll get you a modifiable copy in .odt or .doc format)

some more questions for you:
  • For virtual restraint, does the punishment trigger when it detects the specified color, or when it fails to detect the color. (Or when it goes from detecting to not detecting or not detecting to detecting)? From that, I can figure out what color should be selected in which situation.
  • How does one set up/change images for the slideshow? (Added; thank you for mentioning this, pansexual)
  • I'm now working on a section on modifying images and sounds. For the audio, does the filename matter at all (aside from being a .mp3), or is it just dependent on the folder it's in.
  • On the topic of sounds, there's 8 files in the root/Sounds directory. What are these used for, if anything?
  • If you ever figure out what those times (suck speed and deepthroat difficulty) precisely mean, I'd include that info. (It may be that it's not clock-tied at all, in which case it would vary depending on computer speed. It could also be related to frames captured by the webcam in some way.)
Edit: Added a third question on slideshow images.
More answers:

1) The punishment triggers when it fails to recognize the specified color (i.e. the user has left the zone).

2) The images from the slideshow are created from screenshots of the user during the session. This folder is created on the desktop along with the after action report.

3) The file needs to be an mp3 or wav. Those are the only 2 formats AutoIt supports.

4) These aren't being used currently, since they didn't really fit in any category.

5) The Suck speed is definitely tied to a clock, not cpu speed or frame rate (higher speed means faster sucks, lower speed means slower sucks.). So it's kind of similar to sucks per minute, but the speed isn't quite right.

Thanks Tenderfoot for gathering all this information together!

While I'm here I wanted to mention that I have taken the AutoIt version of this application as far as I can. The language is too limited to allow for all the features that I want to include(Multiple BJ's, Session Score, Multi-cam, etc..). I am going to release a new version tomorrow with some bug fixes, and I will continue to fix bugs in it, however I will not be adding anymore features. I am going to focus my time on the Java version which I am officially starting today.

I am submitting the current source code back to Qwerty212, so if anyone wants to continue maintaining or modifying the program, they will have to ask him for it.

-MasterDisaster
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

MasterDisaster wrote:@Kevlar

Great job! That is a lot of progress in such a short time! I would be willing to help test (currently I have a Win7 32bit machine and an Ubuntu 64bit machine).
I have a linux beta version ready, but the forum would not let me post it, saying 'The extension 7z is not allowed.' Is another archive acceptable, or must I rename it or ....? Will 7.3 Mb be rejected?

The windows beta will take a little more time, it seems there is a bug with one of the opencv destructors that is fudging that up.
MasterDisaster

Post by MasterDisaster »

I would suggest you rename it, but that might be ban hammer worthy. You could email it to me, my email is in my profile.

-MasterDisaster
kevlar

Post by kevlar »

I never thought this would be so difficult.

I tried uploading a .rar attachment, as I have seen these types here, but that was rejected. So I requested upload access for archives from a Moderator.

MasterBlaster - I cannot see any email associated with your account, perhaps I cannot view profiles.

And finially, I cannot seem to upload anonymously to megafileupload.com (hangs for some reason). So I installed megatools, a command line application, which requires a free mega user account. And after an hour, I still have not received an email to allow me to validate that account.

So for today, I give up. I'll try again tomorrow.
Tenderfoot88

Selfbondage Blowjob Trainer 0.78 Manual complete (?)

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Thank you for all your help, MasterDisaster. I believe the manual is complete to the best of my ability. (It's funny how hard it is to make a manual sound anything other than boring and clinical.)

Here it is, for anyone who wants/needs it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113 ... Manual.pdf

(If you have issues that it doesn't address, or additions you want made, just let me know)
MasterDisaster

Post by MasterDisaster »

@Tenderfoot

I briefed over the document and it looks great! I will read it more in depth tomorrow. Would it be OK if I packaged it with the next version of BJT?

-MasterDisaster
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Go for it. I was hoping you'd do that, actually. Do you want the editable version so you can change things to fit your update?