a techie question

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

lj

a techie question

Post by lj »

Not software development but thought you guys might be able to help.

I run a Munch, about three years ago, when I started as Organiser, there was a website or pages on a website specifically for the Munch. I was given access, password etc so could update it. Then the guy who started the Munch left, didn't leave any information and left the area, and pretty much disappeared.

Then I found I was no longer able to access the site. The problem is the Munch pages still pops up with a Google search, despite being totally out of date and misleading. I've tried emailing the contact name but get "bounced"

Any ideas how I can find out who owns the site, or how I can remove it? Or get access?

Thanks
be a switch, double the fun :-)
cooper1337

Re: a techie question

Post by cooper1337 »

You can try the whois record (e.g. http://www.whois.com/whois/boundanna.net). Most people will not have their name or contact displayed there, but at least you can get the contact information of the registrar and maybe ask them to forward your message.
leopard99

Post by leopard99 »

The WHOIS record will also give the expiry date for the domain. Unless the original owner renews, the domain will become available for sale at this point.
lj

Post by lj »

just had an amazingly quick and thorough response from Google(it's a Google APP site apparently) half an hour from email question to phone call and email reply from them !

yes, I can buy the lapsed site and then request a "conflicted site" enquiry, from which the original expired (3 years ago) site name can be transferred to me and the old material deleted.
be a switch, double the fun :-)