MultiCam 0.0.3

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

inky

MultiCam 0.0.3

Post by inky »

Hi,

I see the popularity of software involving the camera here, so I decided to create something that allows customizing your session with 1 to 4 cameras.

Right now it's pretty basic and should be considered alpha quality. You can define the actions you want to perform, and which boxes need to be checked in which order for the action to be successful. I do think with these basic rules there are already lots of possibilities with scenarios.

Right now I'm just looking for interested people to test this. Don't use this for any real scenarios right away. Just test it out and give any feedback you may have.

Download Updated 2013-08-16
http://www.mediafire.com/download/paacb ... -0.0.3.zip
Last edited by inky on 17 Aug 2013, 20:15, edited 3 times in total.
Bitcoin donations accepted at 1inkyzyGTvmPncx7f1zcqKxMNqBwoeSp5
bobbi

Re: MultiCam 0.0.1

Post by bobbi »

do all the camera's need to be on the same machine?

i need, and have pondered writing an app, that could coord/record cameras from separate machines. i have 2 laptops, 2 phones, and 2 tablets. when i do my multiple angle posts i generally setup the two phones hit record on each and go, but i've also pointed laptop lid cams and taken my tablet to a few places to do the recording.

idealy if i could have a webcam server with a webcam client on each machine, even if it didn't record over network so the recordings were still on the local device... if i could press record on one thing, like my phone, that would be pretty awesome.
inky

Post by inky »

All video inputs must be available on the machine you're running the executable on. It doesn't have to be a webcam, any DirectShow video input should work. There's probably apps available to send a video stream across a network and make it available via DirectShow on the destination.
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

Thanks for hsaring it with all of us. I have to test it, but sounds very promising.
merlot_vin

Post by merlot_vin »

After a few crashes, probably due to settings inconsistencies, I got your program to work as advertised. I think it has a lot of potential and should be worth the effort.

1. probably a known issue: if you fill out tab2, then tab3, then go back to tab2, everything in tab2 put in earlier is deleted; it seems one has to fill the tabs in order.
2. first suggestion which will also help testing a bit is to save off the settings maybe in an xml file.

mv
inky

Post by inky »

1. You must click apply after any change you want to save. If you click another tab then back to the Boxes tab, it will clear the values and let you select from the box drop down again. As long as you clicked Apply before clicking another tab, your settings are saved for the box you had selected.
2. Settings could be saved, but which settings are appropriate to save? The Actions certainly, but the box data is session specific as the colors will have variations because of lighting and such, and the box positions will change. I think it's safer to have to manually set these up each time so the settings are known to be valid for the current session.
inky

Re: MultiCam 0.0.3

Post by inky »

I updated the release to 0.0.3. Now you can select a voice to say the action that needs to be performed. You can tweak the voice parameters in the ini file, or replace the voice if you can find another one in the newest htsvoice format.